GWT: EPL Week 33

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
Yeah but he’s absolutely horrendous with or without injuries he’s awful. Milner on the other hand fits the bill. The arm band should be given to players who are helping win the league not passengers.

He contributes quite a bit but Liverpool thought he would be better than this when they signed him. Didn't happen though.

Even though I hate the way he treats the ball like a grenade, he is very good defensively and can make some great passes when he calms down.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Not to oversimplify but Henderson is fine off the bench. Hate when he starts.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
good game. I enjoyed that one.

Robertson's really damn good , I must say.
Southampton made them work but ran out of gas about 10 minutes after LFC put Milner and Henderson on. Fair play to them.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
He contributes quite a bit but Liverpool thought he would be better than this when they signed him. Didn't happen though.

Even though I hate the way he treats the ball like a grenade, he is very good defensively and can make some great passes when he calms down.
I think he was living up to expectations 13/14, and reinvented himself under Klopp because he had to. Still wonder with Fabinho if maybe he's best going back to that 8 role. Either way he's far from a 'horrendous' player.

Burner Account

Feb 14, 2008
So two guys who haven't scored all season score today. Wouldn't have expected either to score either.

What a team, what a ride!
Hardly any goals from midfielders all season. I’m willing to bet you can count them on one hand aside from Milner penalties.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
That half the 'Pool fans here love to tell you that the team just isn't good enough to win a title while at the same time being hyper protective of criticism.
Yeah, except that's not the case at all. But I guess thinking City is a better team than Liverpool means whatever you need it to meam to fit your whining and agenda.
lol , I gotta read the Prem threads more often.
Or just don't believe everything you read considering all the anti-Liverpool sentiment on this board. A lot of people are very salty and make things up.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
You think we're gonna win out?

Yes.

If Wolves win this weekend they'll rest everyone the last game. So double yes.

Yeah, except that's not the case at all. But I guess thinking City is a better team than Liverpool means whatever you need it to meam to fit your whining and agenda.

Except they're not. We killed them in important games last season and they're unable to shake us this season. This while City and Liverpool are both headed for the highest points finishes ever. There's nothing separating the two teams, both of which are among the best to ever play in this league. We've lost one f***ing game! Crazier yet Liverpool only has two regular starting players (Milner and Fabinho) who have ever won a big league.

Last edited:

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Except they're not. We killed them in important games last season and they're unable to shake us this season. This while City and Liverpool are both headed for the highest points finishes ever. There's nothing separating the two teams, both of which are among the best to ever play in this league. We've lost one ****ing game!

I think they're better in the context of the league. They're better, have more depth and they're more consistent at being flat track bullies and that's important when discussing title favourites. Do I think they're vastly better? No, and I think Liverpool are clearly the 2nd best team in the league and have the best chance of anyone to topple them but I still think City are the best team in the PL. Luckily the best team doesn't always win and form can determine the champion, especially when the margins are fine as they are in this one.

I don't see how us beating them in important games last season while they finished like 30 points ahead of us really means that we're as good as they are.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad