GWT: EPL Week 33

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Throwing out names? City would love to add someone with Ozil's creativity. And they don't need him to make any effort. He would fit like a glove with a possession team.
And no, they don't have many players like Ozil in terms of creativity.

Also "do they need him"? Like seriously? Did they need Mahrez????

Reactions: Gecklund

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Klopp is always supporting of Ozil. That would be an interesting fit.

Chimaera

same ol' Caps
Feb 4, 2004
La Plata, Maryland
Liverpool aren't paying his wages. 350k? Even if he took a steep cut, that's pretty much up there with their top earners (more than it probably).

Yes, he might be able to do what they want for a possession team, but at 31, does he really fit what they're trying to do? I don't think his off the ball movement and his work rate is what Pep wants, but who knows. I do know that he has a hard time getting into the side. Honestly, they have enough attacking players, they need players who can fit further back. Fernandinho getting hurt kills them. I don't think they have any desire to force fit Ozil in there, and pay a fee.

Once again, if Arsenal are willing to eat his cost (I doubt it, they can't get really anyone who has his name recognition) and he's willing to eat a chunk of his salary, and sit the bench more times than not, I guess someone would be in line for it.

But I don't think that's likely. On any part.

maclean

Jan 4, 2014
The market for Ozil might be tricky. He's on absurd wages , and has done nothing to make himself particularly attractive this season to the small amount of clubs that can afford him. He'd have to take a massive pay-cut to open up a decent market for himself. I don't think that transfer will be remotely easy - but, I've been surprised before.

Inter under Mourinho, book it

Reactions: Il Mediano

Chimaera

same ol' Caps
Feb 4, 2004
La Plata, Maryland
I mean, I could see Inter interested, but I still think his wages make it a bit on the less likely side. I also think he might not want to go to a club where he's not likely going to win anything.

If I'm Ozil, why move to Inter, when I could stay in London, make similar money, not have to uproot my family, and let that be that?

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Because you're not happy to be on the bench?
It's not Qatar or MLS we're talking about. He could play european football with Inter.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Has Ozil made any indication that he's not happy on the bench or wants to move? I haven't seen anything. If I'm Arsenal I'd keep Ozil because he's still probably their most talented player when healthy. They're not going to get a lot for him anyway, and trying to get a player of his ability to work for them would be better than offloading him and looking for a replacement at this stage. Let him help the team get back to the upper echelon first.

Though of course if Emery doesn't have him in their plans then its a moot point if he's unwilling to try and make him work.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Emery did the same thing with Ben Arfa. Even when HBA was the best in training, he never played. Ozil could work hard in training, he could be their virtual best player, if Emery doesn't want him, he won't play him.

phisherman

Apr 17, 2015
Emery did the same thing with Ben Arfa. Even when HBA was the best in training, he never played. Ozil could work hard in training, he could be their virtual best player, if Emery doesn't want him, he won't play him.

Ben Arfa wasn't PSG's highest paid player.

I could see Ozil ending up on a Turkish club

Probably his next move when his Arsenal contract expires.

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
Ozil made no indication that he wants to leave.

Maybe we can swap him for Bale, but I'd rather have Ozil.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Ben Arfa made 10M a year. He took over Zlatan's number. He was considered the star for PSG when he signed there. He was actually tied for 3rd highest L1 salary when he signed.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
Just catching up, huge 2 points for Chelsea yesterday. That Hazard goal was ridiculous.

The team is just completely different with RLC in the lineup. Sarri needs to stick with him as a starter beside Kante.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad