EPL - Matchweek 9 (we're back baby!)

Blender

Dec 2, 2009

Kovacic not been himself the last few games at all. Jorginho continues to be useless.

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
globe.jpeg

Reactions: maclean

Artorius Horus T

sincerety
Nov 12, 2014
Suomi/Finland
Probably so, BTW, he is now on pace for 66.5 goals.

In the EPL...

that does not include League Cup, FA Cup, Champions League and International games
17.5 goal pace in the Champions League (with maximum of 13 games)

Has yet to play Cup games in England.

66.5+17.5=84 | then counting in FA Cup, League Cup and International games

100 goal season?.... well that number seems ridiculous to be true
but..... how this current season has so far gone... not that far off

maclean

Jan 4, 2014
In the EPL...

that does not include League Cup, FA Cup, Champions League and International games
17.5 goal pace in the Champions League (with maximum of 13 games)

Has yet to play Cup games in England.

66.5+17.5=84 | then counting in FA Cup, League Cup and International games

100 goal season?.... well that number seems ridiculous to be true
but..... how this current season has so far gone... not that far off

Right now the record is Messi's 73 club goals all comps for Barcelona, +14 international so 91 altogether for 2011-2012. Haaland could theoretically get an extra edge from England's extra cup, though you have to imagine he gets rested now and then too.

Reactions: Artorius Horus T

Artorius Horus T

sincerety
Nov 12, 2014
Suomi/Finland
Right now the record is Messi's 73 club goals all comps for Barcelona, +14 international so 91 altogether for 2011-2012. Haaland could theoretically get an extra edge from England's extra cup, though you have to imagine he gets rested now and then too.

73+14=87, 4 goals shy of 91?.

But yeah, anything can and is possible for this Norwegian Terminator.

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
Messi’s 91 was in a calendar year (2012) so it’s hard to match up directly to a club season given you have summer international games that don’t clearly belong in one season or another.

73 is the club season record.

So the goals the Haaland is scoring now would count towards 2022 calendar year and baring something totally absurd he’s not going to reach 91 goals given missed games earlier.

Theoretically he has a shot in 2023, although the biggest question for him chasing records is always going to be health.

If he can stay healthy, it feels like only a matter of time before he holds most of the significant scoring records in Europe. The if is pretty big there given his history though.

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
I’m sure Haaland was waiting for them outside
That would be hilarious.

I never understood the type of person who pays to see an event.... and walks out before it's half over. So your side is getting walloped big deal... they were getting walloped beautifully and they had the opportunity to watch it in person.... yet left....

But I've also never been so I couldn't say how it is in a PL match on derby day no less.
I did see the baby blue crowd doing their in your face arse dance.... haha.... so I guess it's the humiliation endured reached a maximum.

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
That would be hilarious.

I never understood the type of person who pays to see an event.... and walks out before it's half over. So your side is getting walloped big deal... they were getting walloped beautifully and they had the opportunity to watch it in person.... yet left....

But I've also never been so I couldn't say how it is in a PL match on derby day no less.
I did see the baby blue crowd doing their in your face arse dance.... haha.... so I guess it's the humiliation endured reached a maximum.
The only time I've left early from a sporting event is with a few minutes left in a game already decided trying to beat the traffic, but even that's only a very small number of times since usually by the time I consider it a bunch of other people are doing the same so I'm not actually beating any traffic.

Reactions: LOGiK

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
The only time I've left early from a sporting event is with a few minutes left in a game already decided trying to beat the traffic, but even that's only a very small number of times since usually by the time I consider it a bunch of other people are doing the same so I'm not actually beating any traffic.
Yeah. I'd give anything to be there live and the people there would give anything to not be there =P
Walloping or not... some beautiful football they missed.
Oh well.....

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007

Kovacic not been himself the last few games at all. Jorginho continues to be useless.

I know this is epl but its about advanced stats / analytics ... I am watching Real Madrid Osasuna now and they did a graphic over the game of the 'roving triangle' that real madrid is doing in the attacking half... I liked that quick graphic and curious about other clubs etc...

I've avoided hockey advanced stats because it's mind numbing (except the pretty charts / graphics for the simpleton in me) but just for having the proper sites (hockey i have naturalstattrick) what is the site for football or if there is more than one which are they? (i dont twit or SM)

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
@Jussi what would be your analysis of Man U 4-0 ------> 6-3 defeat?
They lost the first half but won the second half. :sarcasm:

Anyone who actually thought United stood a chance against City was just dreaming. They aren’t at that level yet. Thought/hoped it would be closer but City are likely the best team in the world or at worst top 3.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
They lost the first half but won the second half. :sarcasm:

Anyone who actually thought United stood a chance against City was just dreaming. They aren’t at that level yet. Thought/hoped it would be closer but City are likely the best team in the world or at worst top 3.
At worst their 2nd tbh they’re the best lol.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
At worst their 2nd tbh they’re the best lol.
Yeah I’d agree. I have PSG and City on similar levels although I think I’d give PSG the edge because of the caliber of their front 3. City probably takes the edge if you go player by player with PSG but I’m too lazy to do that.

Power Man

Grrrr
Sep 30, 2008
221B Baker Street
That would be hilarious.

The few MU fans who stayd un til theend had fun, they showed their reaction on one of the late Unted goals and it was all good with the closest City fans section

Reactions: LOGiK

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Yeah I’d agree. I have PSG and City on similar levels although I think I’d give PSG the edge because of the caliber of their front 3. City probably takes the edge if you go player by player with PSG but I’m too lazy to do that.
PSG has the edge in terms of roster IMO but City has played under Pep for years and Galtier is no Pep. City's better with Haaland.

Reactions: Gecklund

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
The few MU fans who stayd un til theend had fun, they showed their reaction on one of the late Unted goals and it was all good with the closest City fans section
that’s what happens when United fans have been rooting for City to win the PL in all but one of the last five seasons. Barely a rivalry anymore, if it ever was one.

Reactions: Power Man

Brunkmeister

Sep 4, 2021

PSG is nowhere close to Citys team play imo. Just a bunch of elite individuals brought together for a shitload of money and hoping those individuals are great enough to win them everything. Which they haven’t yet. Neither do City.

Reactions: Power Man

SSF

Oct 5, 2017
Forest should open the scoring but then Leicester score 2 quick goals in response. Barnes with a great outside the box goal

Jersey Fresh

Video Et Taceo
Feb 23, 2004
T.A.
Forest is very bad. Better hope Lingard isn't actually getting that £180k/week because he's been terrible.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad