EPL - Matchweek 9 (we're back baby!)

ItsFineImFine

Aug 11, 2019
That Chelsea game yesterday had quite a bad flow. Crystal Palace were physical and felt like watching a Championship level game at times.

Still, see much better directness under Potter. It's clear a lot of players aren't good enough but they'll do better now than under Tuchel. Havertz and Mount also had probably their best games for Chelsea this season.

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
Just end the massacre. Who cares.

Yea when games are that out of hand the ref is just looking to add on the absolute minimum he can possibly justify to end the game. You never want to hand out 7 minutes of stoppage time in a 4 goal game and then have someone get hurt in the 95th minute or something.

It's not as if United was going to mount an actual comeback or anything.

I suppose if he had added 30 minutes of stoppage time they might have been able to make it interesting, but you also have to figure if they had got within 2 (and especially within 1) City would have actually started trying again.

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
Man United getting beat this badly is very funny.
I'm at half-time on my feed right now... but like I posted earlier, this is exactly what man city did to man u last derby. Absolutely dismantled them. Played with them.

JPBolts

Jun 21, 2019
what a stupid way to get sent off

would not be surprised to see another red

Satan

MIGHTY
Apr 13, 2010
Lapland
1664729717932.png

You just don’t understand nuances… enjoy FotMob
enjoy pretending to know what you're talking about

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
You just don’t understand nuances… enjoy FotMob
I think the biggest thing with Haaland is he’s not needed in the build up. Between De Bruyne, Bernardo, Rodri, Foden, Gundogan, Cancelo, Grealish, even their CBs are really good on the ball. Haaland’s job is to do exactly what he’s doing. Score a ton. I totally get what you’re saying and I agree with you but I think this is one those if it ain’t broke don’t fix it.

maclean

Jan 4, 2014
I think the biggest thing with Haaland is he’s not needed in the build up. Between De Bruyne, Bernardo, Rodri, Foden, Gundogan, Cancelo, Grealish, even their CBs are really good on the ball. Haaland’s job is to do exactly what he’s doing. Score a ton. I totally get what you’re saying and I agree with you but I think this is one those if it ain’t broke don’t fix it.

Moreover! City have always been amazing at build-up. But there have been lots of times they were criticised for not having that one true striker who could just put it all home (or those players didn't fulfil expectations on that front). This is what it looks like when they have that. It's not just if it ain't broke don't fix it, it's now that it's fixed don't break it again.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
It’s def not broken… and if city keep playing like this they’ll win it all finally. Will be interesting to see how they do in the latter stages of the CL.

The league shouldn’t be an issue as they’ve shown

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
They did in two the last four seasons. A+ games

All just Covid Cup shenanigans that, unlike Bayern, they weren't good enough to overcome.

Obvi

It’s def not broken… and if city keep playing like this they’ll win it all finally. Will be interesting to see how they do in the latter stages of the CL.

The league shouldn’t be an issue as they’ve shown

Unfortunately, Haaland will break by then, so same as they always do.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Moreover! City have always been amazing at build-up. But there have been lots of times they were criticised for not having that one true striker who could just put it all home (or those players didn't fulfil expectations on that front). This is what it looks like when they have that. It's not just if it ain't broke don't fix it, it's now that it's fixed don't break it again.
Yup.

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
Well Aguero hung it up for them anyway... and even if he stayed... he wouldn't have stayed with his heart and all... so they took the season / two / and didn't rush into any striker.

*actually I can't say they didn't rush or not, but they played their game til they got one.*

I just think about their match against real madrid where they *could have* had 7 or 8 goals in the first leg.... insert Haaland into that and.... blammo... no longer *could have* they would have. Then LP shat themselves in the finals... they were a Haaland away from CL victory last year.

Mount Suribachi

Nov 15, 2013
England

They made a really interesting point about him in commentary about how rarely he is offside (because he can give defenders 2 yards and still accelerate past them).

The point was emphasised when Martial was offside not long after.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad