GWT: EPL - Matchweek 4

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
Antony seems to buy himself about 10 games worth of free passes for every curler from the corner of the box he scores.

Since he seems to score those about once every 10 games that seems to keep him about level.

Reactions: Peen

KJS14

Jun 13, 2013
I don't think there's literally a single person on this forum who would pay more for Havertz too. But well, football is weird sometimes
I would definitely have preferred Szoboszlai's profile in our midfield over Havertz, and I think we paid too much for him. But there's no reason to write him off already. Let him come off the bench for a little while rather than start? Sure, I'm in favor of that.

This forum consists of people that tell us you can only get backup quality players for 50M these days, and then in another thread laugh about how much Havertz cost based on his overall ok performances through 4 weeks.

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
Seems like Sancho took ETHs comments as bashing his effort in training as opposed to his quality and decided to make a big drama of it. I’m sure that’ll endear him well.

Reactions: Jussi

KJS14

Jun 13, 2013
Saka’s obviously become a great player, but sometimes I watch him and it’s very clear as to why CHO was seen as a tier above him prior to CHO destroying his knee.
Odd comment...

Seems like Sancho took ETHs comments as bashing his effort in training as opposed to his quality and decided to make a big drama of it. I’m sure that’ll endear him well.
Is Sancho maybe calling out the press that took ETH's comment as though he's not putting in effort during training? He does say "I respect all decisions that are made by the coaching staff," but idk. Either way, it probably doesn't do him any good.

Adele Dazeem

Oct 20, 2015
On an island
That’s a gross hyperbole

We're closing in on a decade of a fall from grace. From being challengers of the Champions League, to now barely doing anything in Europa. By the next two seasons they will be fighting for Conference League. Without a wholesale change in mindset they will fall just like Sunderland did years ago.

It that Barcelona or AC Milan?

Barcelona had a few seasons where they looked shaky, but have since rebounded. United have only been on a downtrend.
AC Milan are the closest comparable, but they weren't as dominating as United was in their respective league.

maclean

Jan 4, 2014
Havertz has gotten into good positions and has done good defensive/pressing work in the midfield. It's been four matches. I'm not writing him off yet.

Maybe we need to move him even farther back, like into defence?

Spring in Fialta

A malign star kept him
Apr 1, 2007
Montreal, QC
We're closing in on a decade of a fall from grace. From being challengers of the Champions League, to now barely doing anything in Europa. By the next two seasons they will be fighting for Conference League. Without a wholesale change in mindset they will fall just like Sunderland did years ago.

Barcelona had a few seasons where they looked shaky, but have since rebounded. United have only been on a downtrend.
AC Milan are the closest comparable, but they weren't as dominating as United was in their respective league.

AC Milan won a Serie A like two years ago and was in CL semis just last season. Man United hasn't approached that in years.

Reactions: Adele Dazeem

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
What a baby. ETH’s comments were harsh out out of line. But now he’s a scapegoat? ETH has been far more lenient than he had to with Sancho giving him a 3 month hiatus to get sorted out.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006

Game's changed united has too much brand power to ever go the way of the dodo bird. THey outspend 99% of teams and that's not likely to change. Hell they might even get on City level if the owners sell. Relegation isnt happening...

What a baby. ETH’s comments were harsh out out of line. But now he’s a scapegoat? ETH has been far more lenient than he had to with Sancho giving him a 3 month hiatus to get sorted out.
Is it even harsh? Only those who are attending the training sessions know if Sancho has been lazy. Given everything we know, its pretty likely he was. Was ETH right to go to the press? Maybe, maybe not but he hardly crucified him.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
Game's changed united has too much brand power to ever go the way of the dodo bird. THey outspend 99% of teams and that's not likely to change. Hell they might even get on City level if the owners sell. Relegation isnt happening...

Is it even harsh? Only those who are attending the training sessions know if Sancho has been lazy. Given everything we know, it’s pretty likely he was. Was ETH right to go to the press? Maybe, maybe not but he hardly crucified him.
Oops, meant “weren’t harsh.”

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
In what world has Sancho been better than Antony? Neither has been good enough but they offer the same going forward and Antony at least tracks back. I’d be fine getting rid of both but I don’t see any way Sancho has been better than Antony.

Reactions: I am not exposed

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
In what world has Sancho been better than Antony? Neither has been good enough but they offer the same going forward and Antony at least tracks back. I’d be fine getting rid of both but I don’t see any way Sancho has been better than Antony.
Antony gets underneath everyones skin... so he's worse for rival fans. Sancho is just kinda there

Adele Dazeem

Oct 20, 2015
On an island

No, relegation isn't happening soon.
A couple more 80/90M dollar players busting will lead to it though.
Their name recognition is also losing steam with other teams in England, specifically Manchester City, becoming household names.
The new generation of Manchester youngsters will align more with the winning team. That's a given.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
No, relegation isn't happening soon.
A couple more 80/90M dollar players busting will lead to it though.
Their name recognition is also losing steam with other teams in England, specifically Manchester City, becoming household names.
The new generation of Manchester youngsters will align more with the winning team. That's a given.
Look at how far they are from regelation… it’s just not realistic. This isn’t a bad team.

Nah maybe 20-30 years. This is the equivalent of Americans thinking they’ll be a top nation in football “soon”

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
United won't ever get relegated, they can't spend on players because they're spending too much of those funds in the refs back pocket.

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
Arsenal again pulling out lucky goals to win in the 90th minute. Still continues from last seasons 3 or so integral late match winners to keep them in top finish contention.
Man U again getting absolutely destroyed in the middle... I said they look to be missing a key piece in the middle, but maybe it's much more than that.
Man U probably slide to bottom 10 this year... switch places with Spurs from last year looking like a complete mess.

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
The best part of that match was Garnacho celebrating that The Emirates was "his house" after he scored and then his goal got called offsides like thirty seconds later lol. Uno reverse card mate.
Kissing his badge... but give him a massive pay day elsewhere and he'd kiss that badge too. A gesture without meaning. Now if he kisses a pound note or dollar or whatever... that'd be real.

• Haha
Reactions: PeteWorrell

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad