GWT: EPL - Matchweek 4

AlanHUK

5-14-6-1
Nov 27, 2010
Nottingham, England
In what world has Sancho been better than Antony? Neither has been good enough but they offer the same going forward and Antony at least tracks back. I’d be fine getting rid of both but I don’t see any way Sancho has been better than Antony.

Sancho scores more, creates more, has higher accuracy in both passing and shooting, better dribble completion rate, their tackle success rate is the same. United also get scored on less when Sancho plays compared to when Antony plays.

So in pretty much every measurable metric Sancho has out performed Antony since Ten Hag took over.

Garnacho also performs significantly better going forward than either of them, but the team do concede more when he plays

Reactions: Evilo

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
Sancho scores more, creates more, has higher accuracy in both passing and shooting, better dribble completion rate, their tackle success rate is the same. United also get scored on less when Sancho plays compared to when Antony plays.

So in pretty much every measurable metric Sancho has out performed Antony since Ten Hag took over.

Garnacho also performs significantly better going forward than either of them, but the team do concede more when he plays
I’d love to see the actual numbers on that because I genuinely don’t believe it. Sancho has been garbage. So has Antony. Sancho has had some flashes of what he can do. So has Antony. Sancho does not track back ever. Antony does.

All of our wingers have been bad this season except MAYBE Rashford which even he hasn’t been good. I think Hojlund should be good because he gives a 9 for Rashford to work off of. Honestly I’d try Pellistri on the RW for a few games.

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017
It feels so hard for United to find the right balance but at the same time... what is United identity? Sancho and Antony are dribbler but without pace nor goal scoring ability.. are they playmaker? They don't create much for that and they don't have target man in the box. The only guy that fit the identity of direct attack creation is Garnacho. Hojlund as pivot with pace on the wings with Garnacho and Rashford should be IMO their best foward options.

With Bruno, Amrabat and Casemiro in midfield.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House

All that's for naught when he puts in this kind of a defensive effort:

Antony for all his offensive woes at least has put in the defensive effort this season.

PeteWorrell

[...]
Aug 31, 2006
I don't feel bad for bums like Antony that skip training to force a move. This was his dream so i hope he enjoys it.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Just saw a replay of when Gabriel dragged Hojlund down in the box. Shocking that wasn't a penalty.
We can play that game all day long mate...
Capture.JPG

Man United's penalty box on a corner, weirdly the play when Rice scores.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
Start from the beginning of this conversation and try again.
Mike Dean disagrees with you.

"I can see how we got to the right decision, from the gantry it looked like a nailed on penalty," said Dean.

"But from another angle the defender hasn’t committed a foul, so credit to VAR for coming to the right decision."
Casemiro didn't even touch Havertz.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
Yeah, see, when you say stuff like this, it's how I know you haven't actually watched a replay but cribbed your opinion from whichever panelist is most favorable to Man U.
The only contact in the situation from a United player was from AWB after Havertz dove. This was very much clear in the replays from other angles.

The video there reveals the story and the communication between the officials. Casemiro does nothing in the situation. No initial contact from AWB either.

Last edited:

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
The only contact in the situation from a United player was from AWB after Havertz dove. This was very much clear in the replays from other angles.

The video there reveals the story and the communication between the officials. Casemiro does nothing in the situation. No initial contact from AWB either.
At 1;15-1:25, the angle very clearly shows Casemiro's leg contacting Havertz's right ankle. In fact, at 1:41, you can see clearly that Havertz is running normally until his left ankle is clipped by AWB and his right ankle is clipped by Casemiro. Shockingly, with neither foot in its appropriate place due to contact from Man U players whilst running, Havertz goes down.

I recommend watching on mute so that you have the chance to form your own opinions.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
At 1;15-1:25, the angle very clearly shows Casemiro's leg contacting Havertz's right ankle. In fact, at 1:41, you can see clearly that Havertz is running normally until his left ankle is clipped by AWB and his right ankle is clipped by Casemiro. Shockingly, with neither foot in its appropriate place due to contact from Man U players whilst running, Havertz goes down.

I recommend watching on mute so that you have the chance to form your own opinions.
Dude, get some better glasses, there's no contact until after he's falling down already. Same with Casemiro.

KJS14

Jun 13, 2013
My biggest takeaway from that video was that the on-field referee barely even looked at the replay. He just had the VAR guys tell him what they think happened while running over to the screen, looked at one angle for 5 seconds, and then made the call lol

Reactions: Gecklund

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
My biggest takeaway from that video was that the on-field referee barely even looked at the replay. He just had the VAR guys tell him what they think happened while running over to the screen, looked at one angle for 5 seconds, and then made the call lol
That other angle showed enough. They talk about that other angle showing AWB didn't trip Havertz.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
AWB clearly didn't trip Havertz and he went down way too easy from knocking with AWB a bit.

Reactions: Jussi

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad