GWT: EPL - Matchweek 4

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
I think Liverpool are very good again but the CB problem rearing its head could turn out to be a massive issue

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
He’s clearly a bust.

As soon as he disappeared last time out it was evident he’s going down that path

Adele Dazeem

Oct 20, 2015
On an island
Has there been a bigger collapse of a giant like Manchester United ever, in the history of the sport?
They went from multiple league winners and Europe's most feared team to a bonafide mid-table team.
There is also no end in site for this collapse, I could see them getting relegated within 5 seasons.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Has there been a bigger collapse of a giant like Manchester United ever, in the history of the sport?
They went from multiple league winners and Europe's most feared team to a bonafide mid-table team.
There is also no end in site for this collapse, I could see them getting relegated within 5 seasons.
That’s a gross hyperbole

KJS14

Jun 13, 2013
Ten Hag complaining that Garnacho's goal wasn't offside, Hojlund should have had a penalty, and that we fouled Evans on the Rice goal.

Lol. Guy is a sore loser. His team didn't deserve to be in the game, and barely created anything on their own. But he thinks they should have won the game and the ref took away their flukey goal from an Arsenal error.

Reactions: booyakasha

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017
Double agent for who? Germany finally getting revenge for WW2?
For Chelsea.

It that Barcelona or AC Milan?

JPBolts

Jun 21, 2019
I don’t think EMI makes a save on this & how can you not rule out the City second yesterday but this one today. However, Salah is clearly offsides in Emi’s line of sight from this angle. There must’ve been some clarification over the summer for offsides in the line of sight for PGMOL?

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
I think Liverpool are very good again but the CB problem rearing its head could turn out to be a massive issue
I think Gomez will be okay if he stays healthy. I do not feel the same about Matip. Maybe Quansah steps up? If not need to look in January. Liverpool with another defender (or two) is no worse than the second best team in the league

phisherman

Apr 17, 2015
Ten Hag complaining that Garnacho's goal wasn't offside, Hojlund should have had a penalty, and that we fouled Evans on the Rice goal.

Lol. Guy is a sore loser. His team didn't deserve to be in the game, and barely created anything on their own. But he thinks they should have won the game and the ref took away their flukey goal from an Arsenal error.

I don't see a difference between him and Ole.

• Haha
Reactions: Gecklund

KJS14

Jun 13, 2013
I don't see a difference between him and Ole.
I think Ten Hag is better than Ole, but if I was a United fan hearing him claim that they performed well today and deserved to win if not for the refs, then I'd be worried. If that's a good performance, then I'd hate to see what an average or poor performance looks like to him.

"...But I think there's really a step forward, and I was happy with the performance."

"Anthony Martial, was a very good performance. So I was pleased."

"Performance was right, but the result was not on our side. And definitely many decisions were against us."

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
For Chelsea.

It that Barcelona or AC Milan?
This post makes even less sense. barca never missed the CL and won a league while on the decline. United have been trash for a decade plus now.

Milans or any other Italian team is a better shout out

KJS14

Jun 13, 2013
HF Soccer: "Havertz hated the negative atmosphere at Chelsea, that is why he was bad"
Also HF Soccer: "Havertz is a double agent for Chelsea and is sabotaging Arsenal"
Havertz was not good today (especially that miss in front of goal), but the level of hate he's already getting from some Arsenal fans is not consistent with his overall performance. I don't think he should be a nailed-on starter right now, because Arsenal have other great options for midfielders, but I'm not going to listen to the overly dramatic side of the Arsenal fanbase, nor the Chelsea fans that are praying for him to fail.

Reactions: bluesfan94

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017
HF Soccer: "Havertz hated the negative atmosphere at Chelsea, that is why he was bad"
Also HF Soccer: "Havertz is a double agent for Chelsea and is sabotaging Arsenal"
You know it was sarcasm? Obviously Havertz is just a bad player.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
Havertz was not good today (especially that miss in front of goal), but the level of hate he's already getting from some Arsenal fans is not consistent with his overall performance. I don't think he should be a nailed-on starter right now, because Arsenal have other great options for midfielders, but I'm not going to listen to the overly dramatic side of the Arsenal fanbase, nor the Chelsea fans that are praying for him to fail.
I don't really care if he succeeds or not, I just don't think he's a good player and his reputation and "potential" is a fraud. He looks the exact same at Arsenal as he did at Chelsea; he stands still a lot, doesn't make very good runs, makes a lot of mental errors, and doesn't fight for space. Most of the time he isn't doing anything particularly bad, he's just dead weight out there.

Reactions: Scandale du Jour

Bringer of Jollity

Oct 20, 2011
Fontana, CA
Whatever he is can coaches stop giving him this many minutes so Hansi doesn't think he's an in-form player that should be auto-picked for the NT.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
The best part of that match was Garnacho celebrating that The Emirates was "his house" after he scored and then his goal got called offsides like thirty seconds later lol. Uno reverse card mate.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad