GWT: EPL - Matchweek 4

KJS14

Jun 13, 2013
The best part of that match was Garnacho celebrating that The Emirates was "his house" after he scored and then his goal got called offsides like thirty seconds later lol. Uno reverse card mate.
Meanwhile half of the United players kept looking to the linesman to see if was going to be offside. They knew it was coming back. Was a lot closer than I thought at first though.

maclean

Jan 4, 2014
I think Ten Hag is better than Ole, but if I was a United fan hearing him claim that they performed well today and deserved to win if not for the refs, then I'd be worried. If that's a good performance, then I'd hate to see what an average or poor performance looks like to him.

"...But I think there's really a step forward, and I was happy with the performance."

"Anthony Martial, was a very good performance. So I was pleased."

"Performance was right, but the result was not on our side. And definitely many decisions were against us."

Yeah, that's not a good look from Ten Hag. Rashford was a firecracker, but on the whole, they weren't really doing much. Fulham was palpably more dangerous.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Meanwhile half of the United players kept looking to the linesman to see if was going to be offside. They knew it was coming back. Was a lot closer than I thought at first though.
Yeah it was damn close and Saliba was lucky there because he was outdone by one simple pass. However, Garnacho got too cocky for his own good and reaped what he sowed.
Dive. Havertz would have been in on goal if he didn't. :laugh:
The bother just missed a tap-in in this game and had another missed tap-in against Fulham, the only thing he can do at this point is go down easy for somebody else to take the penalty.

The funny aspect in all of this is the bloke is so bad that he can't even embellish properly at this point lol.

phisherman

Apr 17, 2015
The way he treated and almost lost Saliba was quite something too.

Probably around the same time Antony is declared as one. I don't see Sancho playing worse. Somehow it's less of a problem for ETH.
ETH probably loves that twirl move that Antony keeps doing.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Still think Arsenal look poor and City will run away with the title.
100%, this match should've been over by the 65th-minute mark with Arsenal being up 3-1 to a comfortable 5-1 win. By far the worst Man United squad I think I've ever seen and that is after SAF left them in a completely dire place. Awful performance offensively and everyone celebrating like they won the CL is freakin' Pejorative Slured.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
I don't really care if he succeeds or not, I just don't think he's a good player and his reputation and "potential" is a fraud. He looks the exact same at Arsenal as he did at Chelsea; he stands still a lot, doesn't make very good runs, makes a lot of mental errors, and doesn't fight for space. Most of the time he isn't doing anything particularly bad, he's just dead weight out there.
I legitimately don't understand it, has he always gotten by with "potential" and people just make excuses and argue he just needs time to develop or did something just break in him at some point. He does have natural talent, but he's way too passive.

Reactions: Blender

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Also, what's even more hilarious about Havertz is not really Arsenal buying him (though that is still very bad), but all the Chelski fans on here defending that he was a good player when the rumours were stating to link him to North London.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Let's be honest, Antony is a bloody good 1v1 player with exceedingly plentiful dribbling skills, he has some Adama, but without the oil problems. He just doesn't have the IQ to understand what to do next with the ball. When he gets into the box, he like freezes up and tries to keep the same style of play that made him get into the box when there are like forty defenders around him. However, he doesn't have Adama's muscular frame so he simply loses the ball afterwards and is an easy out for opposing teams. Sancho has similar issues, but I think he's able to make one extra play but is worse in his build-up play. When you spend close to 200 million on two players who play the same way and have very similar problems, you're asking for trouble. But I keep forgetting that they're poor, so...

Last edited:

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
Also, what's even more hilarious about Havertz is not really Arsenal buying him (though that is still very bad), but all the Chelski fans on here defending that he was a good player when the rumours were stating to link him to North London.
Looks like Peen was the only one thinking he might turn it around at another club, but I wouldn't even call his posts praise.

At least use it when we eventually have the multi-club setup.

Have we? I think Mount is worth a good amount and I think I said anything under 60M would be good business for United as I think he's a pretty safe bet to bounce back. With Havertz, I have no idea what a good deal would be. He either regains his Germany form and any deal will look like a steal, or he continues his Chelsea form and you'll wonder why you bothered.

Fans have to realize that Saudi doesn't have this great deal of leverage either, even if other teams aren't buying, it's similar to when China was spending huge fees. Sure, they can offer large salaries, but there is likely a pretty limited number of players that are willing to sign long-term deals in Saudi, and Chelsea just happen to have multiple players that are Muslim and/or from that region. Saudi is also a desperate buyer, so it's not like they had ability to demand free transfers of the players.
Can't believe Arsenal bought Havertz for that much. They are always eager to take our rejects.
No other club made an offer for Havertz. Going to pretend as if Real Madrid’s and Bayern’s reported interest did not exist.

Can’t believe Arsenal bailed us out of a player making 200k+ per week with only two years left on his deal and paid far more than other teams were reportedly willing to pay (but because they never submitted an official bid - it is fake news)

It needs to be investigated, honestly. Apalling
Probably be in the 60+ range.

Feel like they could take it another year and still get 50. Which is why the sub-50 Madrid offer was hilarious.
Anyway, it seems like this Havertz to Arsenal thing will be finalized in the 60-65 MM £ range

I have most of the arsenal fans blocked so not sure if they are doing 180s on the mocking of havertz over the past few years.

I am disappointed. Chelsea have two 9s this season - seemingly with the soon to be acquired Jackson and Broja.

Poch has a history with Alli effectively acting as SS to Kane. Havertz looked really good against Dortmund with Mudryk operating ahead of him.

I understand why he’s leaving because he’s never had a consistent 11 around him in his time here outside of the first half of 2021 under Tuchel, manager changes and talent deficiencies, injuries to key players, but he can be great in a consistent environment.

I don’t think the finishing will ever get there and I do wonder about that if your two most frequent box players are Jesus and Havertz.

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
Havertz has gotten into good positions and has done good defensive/pressing work in the midfield. It's been four matches. I'm not writing him off yet.

Reactions: KJS14

phisherman

Apr 17, 2015
Havertz has gotten into good positions and has done good defensive/pressing work in the midfield. It's been four matches. I'm not writing him off yet.
He doesn't move but somehow we're able to laugh at all his misses within the box. How does he get in those positions without moving?

Reactions: KJS14

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
He doesn't move but somehow we're able to laugh at all his misses within the box. How does he get in those positions without moving?
Not understanding the movement we're talking about I see. Obviously he moves up and down the pitch with the play.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
I was more angry at him last week against Fulham when the ball simply rolled to him and he just stood there. Everyone whiffs on chances, Saka did one later in the game and even glory child Messi does it as well. Nonetheless, when you don't capitalise on your chances, that gives a lot of faith in the opposing team to hang on in matches like this one where they were severely out played. I am happy with the result, but the play was not good enough to take on City for the title. We are having trouble breaking clubs down when they go in their turtle shell.

Looks like Peen was the only one thinking he might turn it around at another club, but I wouldn't even call his posts praise.

Also Wee Baby Seamus as well.

Last edited:

phisherman

Apr 17, 2015
Not understanding the movement we're talking about I see. Obviously he moves up and down the pitch with the play.
You said he stands around a lot and doesn't make good runs. If that's the case he wouldn't be in those positions.

And I believe he won the most duels in the first 2 matches.

Part of the problem is Martin Nelly doesn't pass to him when he's making runs. That will probably come with more time or if Nelly puts his head up more.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
Szobo’s fee was less than Havertz’ too. Insane business

I don't think there's literally a single person on this forum who would pay more for Havertz too. But well, football is weird sometimes

6uh6tmhx72mb1.jpg

Szoboszlai for captain imo

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Fans complain about having cliche answers to questions, ETH answered truthfully Sancho is a lazy bum. ETH ends up being in the wrong? Maybe getting embarrassed on tv would lit his ass on fire? At this rate he'll be playing for a mid table club soon (well a different mid table club).

That loser Piers jumping on it is hilarious.... he sure did help Ronaldo escape ETH wrath to go to .... Saudi Arabia of all places.

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013
I, uh, wouldn’t call my posts supportive in any way.

He’s essentially played exactly how I would have expected. But again, a few touches different per game and maybe the low-lights are a high-light reel with Arteta being labeled a genius. It’s 4 games.

Mount is the one we were defensive about, but even then I think we acknowledged the realistic possibility that he may have actually just cooked his body and it’ll never return.

I don’t think it’s fair to represent my position in absolutes on either player, but I definitely leaned more positive on Mount and more negative on Havertz. I generally think that speaking in absolutes is stupid, which is why my posts are sort of ambiguous.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad