GWT: EPL - Matchweek 3

Chimaera

same ol' Caps
Feb 4, 2004
La Plata, Maryland
IMG_4134.png

(Not mine, from twitter / anfield wrap )

Reactions: BrokenFace

Rob

Feb 27, 2002
New Brunswick
Visit site
And I was upset with Arsenal yesterday. Newcastle fans must be furious right now. No excuse to lose a game when you have the lead and your opponent is down to ten.

Thought it was a harsh red card anyway.

Reactions: Duchene2MacKinnon

Jersey Fresh

Video Et Taceo
Feb 23, 2004
T.A.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
That Benayoun goal against Fulham was a big one in the title race that year I remember.

This is from today? What’s it even in reference to? The Newcastle coach I mean.
Yeah basically Klopp made a joke about Tindall, Newcastle got butt hurt and then this happened

##

change to “last man” rules means LFC may be able to appeal VVD red card? No way they get two appeals right though.

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
I love how literally yesterday there was a DOGSO red but it seems to have been entirely forgotten today and the rule is confused a ton of times.

The DOGSO yesterday was at least debatable. Would Bruno have got there first? Was the defender close enough to provide cover? Etc.

Reactions: Blender

East Coast Bias

Feb 28, 2014
NYC
I love how literally yesterday there was a DOGSO red but it seems to have been entirely forgotten today and the rule is confused a ton of times.

The DOGSO yesterday was at least debatable. Would Bruno have got there first? Was the defender close enough to provide cover? Etc.

Well you see Manchester United controls the referees. So you gotta ask the questions.

• Haha
Reactions: Jussi and hatterson

Chimaera

same ol' Caps
Feb 4, 2004
La Plata, Maryland
there is a small difference in a dude grabbing a guy down and cleaning out a guy and getting the ball. But... yeah, both were red cards. The main debate on the second for me was if he was going to control the ball. Not enough to overturn or make it a yellow.

I'm not really a fan of the last man red card when there's a ton of distance, but in this case, it was warranted. A stupid challenge.

maclean

Jan 4, 2014
You wonder if Howe ever thinks, hmm if I don’t win this, I might get cut up by a bonesaw.

They showed him looking like he was about to cry at one point, so maybe (Liverpool seems to have that effect)

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
This is the second week in a row for Howe looking disgraceful and I write this thinking he's a brilliant manager. The problem is that these past two results have to be brutal, he was a coward at the Etihad and didn't do enough to keep his club engaged in this one. I only watched the first half live before returning to DVR later on, but I knew that KFC could've come back when Newcastle didn't score another after the VvD booking. I wasn't expecting any sort of win, but Liverpool absolutely has the potential to score a fluke one to tie the match and they were able to get more somehow...

Also, who on here had Gordon being a better signing at this very early point of the season over Mac Allister? The latter looks lost and behind the play constantly. Not Havertz's level behind the play bad, but still not getting involved anywhere except negatively.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad