GWT: EPL - Matchweek 3

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
Only three teams are still perfect. Will that remain? A bunch of London derbies, especially if you consider Luton part of London. But the jewel of the weekend, at least in theory, is Liverpool heading to Tyneside.

HomeAwayTime and Date (CT)Venue
ChelseaLuton TownFri., Aug. 25, 2:00 PMStamford Bridge
BournemouthTottenham HotspurSat., Aug. 26, 6:30 AMVitality Stadium
BrentfordCrystal PalaceSat., Aug. 26, 9:00 AMGtech Community Stadium
ArsenalFulhamSat., Aug. 26, 9:00 AMThe Emirates
Manchester UnitedNottingham ForestSat., Aug. 26, 9:00 AMOld Trafford
EvertonWolverhampton WanderersSat., Aug. 26, 9:00 AMGoodison Park
Brighton & Hove AlbionWest Ham UnitedSat., Aug. 26, 11:30 AMThe AmEx
Sheffield UnitedManchester CitySun., Aug. 27, 8:00 AMBramall Lane
BurnleyAston VillaSun., Aug. 27, 8:00 AMTurf Moor
Newcastle UnitedLiverpoolSun., Aug. 27, 10:30 AMSt. James's Park

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
The jewel of the weekend is the relegation 6 pointer between Everton and Wolves. Those 2 are the clear favorites for the drop after Luton and Sheffield. If Everton don't get a point at least I can see absolute fire coming from Dyche's seat. O'Neil should have a little more room if he doesn't get points because he was just appointed and Wolves have been a mess this summer.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
If LFC are missing Macca it will be terrible.
This would be a great time for Thiago and/or Bajcetic to be healthy. Bajcetic was on the bench last weekend, but this would be a tough game to bring him back into

Last edited:

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
f***! Manchester will be miles better without him.
I’m not going to be one to spike the football after two weeks, but as I said all the summer (and earlier) I am much happier with Alexis and Szoboszlai than I would have been with Mount and have seen nothing to change my mind

Reactions: King Makar19

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
How has Mo been settling in?
Impressive so far. You can tell why RDZ and the recruitment staff wanted to bring him in.

The one thing is we have not really been tested too much, the midfield has had it easy through the first two games. September second we play Newcastle which I see as the first main touch for the new MF.

Reactions: cgf

ItsFineImFine

Aug 11, 2019
I can't wait to draw Luton Town.

Think some of you are overreacting. They outplayed West Ham for the most part on the weekend and just got unlucky with a set piece goal then a defensive gaff on a counter. Could've been 3-1 Chelsea on another day. That was a far far better performance than their lucky 2-1 win against West Ham last season. The match before that, they kept up with and then outplayed Liverpool.

It's a young inconsistent team but it might still be good enough for Europa league if they maintain that intensity. I don't think they'll have the consistency for the CL though.

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013
Think some of you are overreacting. They outplayed West Ham for the most part on the weekend and just got unlucky with a set piece goal then a defensive gaff on a counter. Could've been 3-1 Chelsea on another day. That was a far far better performance than their lucky 2-1 win against West Ham last season. The match before that, they kept up with and then outplayed Liverpool.

It's a young inconsistent team but it might still be good enough for Europa league if they maintain that intensity. I don't think they'll have the consistency for the CL though.
They spent way too much to not finish top four. I get that we are destroyed by unfit players atm but there’s only one competition.

Yes there’s another world where we have 6 points right now but a lot of that west ham game looked very Potter-y.

If Disaster starts again I think I’m going to lose it.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Chelsea have a very easy start to the season. They probably start a run today and we are all none the wiser

• Haha
Reactions: LOGiK

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
Chelsea have a very easy start to the season. They probably start a run today and we are all none the wiser

They better, if not they will be buried next month after consecutive matches of:

Brentford
@Spurs
ManCity
@ Newcastle
Brighton
@ United

I am sticking with my prediction of 11th or 12th.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad