GWT: EPL - Matchweek 26 (ft. MW 7)

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Remember when you said that Klopp should be sacked.
I didn't say he should be sacked.

I said it wasn't crazy to suggest that 8 years is a long time for a manager and that maybe he's literally run out of tactics that the rest of the league hadn't seen.

I think he deserves some investment and a chance to lead a new-look squad.

Reactions: Savant

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013
1678041443674.png

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017
I did claim that LFC lacked ambition (FSG) and that they should rebuild the team. It is still on the card even with that great result.

One thing is certain for me though. Konate/VVD health are vital to the team success because the drop off to Gomez/Matip is significant.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
As a neutral I would say the most egregious was the McTominay tackle. Brutal challenge.
The Lisandro one was egregious because it was not even given as a foul, when it was an obvious foul and an orange card which happened RIGHT in the front of the linesman...

For sure, and here is the thing, I don’t care if a bunch of strangers on the internet want to call me names when I complain about the refs.

But if you (not specifically you) are going to do that, defend the ref and tell me they did a good job. Or go kick rocks.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
I did claim that LFC lacked ambition (FSG) and that they should rebuild the team. It is still on the card even with that great result.

One thing is certain for me though. Konate/VVD health are vital to the team success because the drop off to Gomez/Matip is significant.
Konate is gonna be great.

With VVD aging, it would be nice to add depth at that position, although I think the investment needs to be in midfield first.

Venkman

Jun 28, 2007
England
This f***ing team :laugh: can only laugh or I'd need a new tv.

Couple of things that didn't make sense from the start. Bruno on the left up against TAA and Dalot starting over Wan-Bissaka.

luiginb

Aug 23, 2007
Barcelona
For you Liverpool guys that are talking up Konate and van Dijk I suggest you rewatch the first half of tonight's match. I thought those two and Fabinho were being clearly overmatched.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
Yes and in the next match they played they got beat 7-0 by their oldest, biggest rivals. This is funny.
In their next match they beat West Ham in the FA Cup on Wednesday...

This f***ing team :laugh: can only laugh or I'd need a new tv.

Couple of things that didn't make sense from the start. Bruno on the left up against TAA and Dalot starting over Wan-Bissaka.
This was the one that stood out for me.

Reactions: luiginb

ValJamesDuex

Nov 4, 2021
I would not be smiling as much today if United had not come in so full of themselves, and tried to play mind games "at" Anfield. Complete shredding! YNWA

Spring in Fialta

A malign star kept him
Apr 1, 2007
Montreal, QC
I didn't say he should be sacked.

I said it wasn't crazy to suggest that 8 years is a long time for a manager and that maybe he's literally run out of tactics that the rest of the league hadn't seen.

I think he deserves some investment and a chance to lead a new-look squad.

Klopp doesn't deserve anything less than writing his own ticket. He's a genius manager.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
For you Liverpool guys that are talking up Konate and van Dijk I suggest you rewatch the first half of tonight's match. I thought those two and Fabinho were being clearly overmatched.
This is true, but also this is one of their better performances of the season too. The bar has dropped

Reactions: luiginb

Chimaera

same ol' Caps
Feb 4, 2004
La Plata, Maryland
I also need to add #Moyes4United

It’s shocking how all of a sudden when Fabinho finds his head out of his ass, the defense is better. Crazy how that works.

First half was a bit all over, though some of that was finding how the midfield was playing out, along with some stupid fouls. United aren’t any mugs. Some of the chances were offside though. After the first, it was different.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA

Yeah I've been making comments to this extent. We need a CB. If they keep Gomez for backup RB, fine, but we need a CB.

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
I think the word for United here is "humbled".

But it feels like a time machine result, like someone found some magic potion and brought back 2018-20.

Liverpool definitely played like they did for their dominant stretch. We’ll see if they can continue it through the rest of the season or not. They’ll be able to focus on the league so should have fresher legs than the first half of the season.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad