GWT: EPL - Matchweek 26 (ft. MW 7)

Spring in Fialta

A malign star kept him
Apr 1, 2007
Montreal, QC
Bruno Fernandes has always been a little bitch. Dude was crying about the refs after Portugal were eliminated by Morocco at the WC.

The Athletic broke down his embarrassment of a performance moment-by-moment:

Haven't read it in full but lol

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
Can't read through the paywall, but Bruno is definitely a giant whiny baby when things aren't going his way.

I'm also shocked he wasn't punished for shoving the side judge since it seemed pretty clear to me.

Reactions: JPBolts

Chimaera

same ol' Caps
Feb 4, 2004
La Plata, Maryland
I don't have a problem with players not being happy with losing. That's fine. I also have no problem with going after players not doing what they should (shit... a lot of the players should be yelling at Antony not tracking back). But he also was not putting in effort busting his behind as well. It's one thing to chew out others... but when you're just out of the play at times... eh, not a good look.

His manager did him no favors for what it's worth. I guess had one of the early chances gone in, it's a different discussion though.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Bruno Fernandes has always been a little bitch. Dude was crying about the refs after Portugal were eliminated by Morocco at the WC.

The Athletic broke down his embarrassment of a performance moment-by-moment:

Haven't read it in full but lol
Utd next step should be to sell him. He’s a joke. Would give them similar boost to dropping Maguire and Ronnie.

That’s who he is, he isn’t changing. That’s the captain and he rage quit in the middle of the game. Tried to get subbed out, tried to get sent off (and should have been for touching the official). Glad Bajcetic posterized him. If ETH is serious would get him out of the room

I don't have a problem with players not being happy with losing. That's fine. I also have no problem with going after players not doing what they should (shit... a lot of the players should be yelling at Antony not tracking back). But he also was not putting in effort busting his behind as well. It's one thing to chew out others... but when you're just out of the play at times... eh, not a good look.

His manager did him no favors for what it's worth. I guess had one of the early chances gone in, it's a different discussion though.
It’s one thing to be unhappy with losing. It’s another thing to quit mid game. Especially from the captain against a rival

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY

It's a game that could have been very different. If Bruno's header or Rashford's attempt from the top of the box gone in, the entire complexion would have been different. But they didn't, Liverpool came out in the second half well and once that second goal went in it seemed United let off. Liverpool kept coming and as soon as the third went in it was over.

United was done with the game at that point, and credit to Liverpool they kept going hard and ran the score up against a team that clearly had no interest in putting in the same level of effort.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
It's one thing to chew out others... but when you're just out of the play at times... eh, not a good look.
There is a difference between chewing out a teammate in a productive manor, and straight up whining like a toddler. Bruno operates more like the latter

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Any revisions to ETH wanting Gakpo or not?

Or the failure to get someone better than Weghorst being a big issue?
Don't play hindsight bias, the majority of you Red fans were hating on this deal. I was like the only one that thought it was good for your club.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Don't play hindsight bias, the majority of you Red fans were hating on this deal. I was like the only one that thought it was good for your club.
This isn’t making the point that you think it is making

Chimaera

same ol' Caps
Feb 4, 2004
La Plata, Maryland
I was happy with it. They bought a good player for a relatively cheap price, when it was clear that Firmino, even as much as I love the guy, probably needed to move on. They also snagged a guy that a rival wanted. I had concerns in the sense that I didn't quite know what he does (and I don't really know yet...), and I am always a slightly bit more skeptical of players coming from the Dutch league, but who doesn't get excited for one of the players of the WC, and an exciting young attacker?

There's a discussion to be made of, maybe they should have gone for a midfielder (yes, they should) instead... but I don't think getting an attacking player is bad.

Klopp also has used some 4 forward stuff (even when Mane was here, it wasn't surprising to go that), throwing Jota on, or throwing Diaz on with the usual front 3.

It's a game that could have been very different. If Bruno's header or Rashford's attempt from the top of the box gone in, the entire complexion would have been different. But they didn't, Liverpool came out in the second half well and once that second goal went in it seemed United let off. Liverpool kept coming and as soon as the third went in it was over.

United was done with the game at that point, and credit to Liverpool they kept going hard and ran the score up against a team that clearly had no interest in putting in the same level of effort.
Yeah... what was unforgiveable was being second to basically every 50/50 ball. Even in the first half (which ETH says was a good first half) they were second best for much of it.

For the unforgiveable bit, they needed to snuff it out when Liverpool was rampant. 2 or 3, that's fine. 7 is not.

Chimaera

same ol' Caps
Feb 4, 2004
La Plata, Maryland
There is a difference between chewing out a teammate in a productive manor, and straight up whining like a toddler. Bruno operates more like the latter
Sure. Especially when you wear the armband. Though for what it's worth, some of it is the scowl I think. I just think one of the issues that has plagued them, and still needs to be sorted, is just who are actually the leaders, and who are not. There's a lot of players who are not the leaders to push the club forward.

Reactions: robertmac43

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
I am still a bit concerned that Klopp plays him too low on the pitch, but if he's contributing then who cares where he's playing.

I get that it's targeting ETH for not buying him, but let's not act like you lot were very happy about this.
It doesn’t matter if we were happy about it or not. It matters that ETH didn’t get his guy. It also matters that Gakpo is winning the naysayers over

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
As we should be. Pay the fine and move along.

I do like how they talk all official about these things. "Investigating", "charged"

Most other sports just have the league issue a fine and call it good, but the PL wants to act all official.

Doesn't change anything, I just find it amusing.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
Utd next step should be to sell him. He’s a joke. Would give them similar boost to dropping Maguire and Ronnie.

That’s who he is, he isn’t changing. That’s the captain and he rage quit in the middle of the game. Tried to get subbed out, tried to get sent off (and should have been for touching the official). Glad Bajcetic posterized him. If ETH is serious would get him out of the room

It’s one thing to be unhappy with losing. It’s another thing to quit mid game. Especially from the captain against a rival
I’d like to see some evidence of this. There’s plenty to criticize Bruno for yesterday but I’m 99% that didn’t happen.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad