GWT: EPL - Matchweek 23

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Rotten rescheduling LFC have to play this Luton team midweek before a cup final

Just horribly stupid for him to do that.
Roy did the same thing to Daniel Sturridge and basically ruined Sturridge career

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
Barkley puts the winning ball on a platter with that cross, but what a weak shot.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
Screamer from Tielemans makes it 4-0.

Fans are headed for the exits 30 minutes into the game. :laugh:

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Graham Potter spotting at Sheffield United Villa
I would not touch that Sheffield job. But I guess there are some pros and cons of being a yo-yo team is tolerated? They are pretty clearly the worst team in the league except maybe Burnley though and the table backs that up.

What would be more interesting is if Potter is someone being lined up to replace Unai Emery. Honestly Emery is a guy that I could see at Barcelona and have not seen his name connected a ton over there

Reactions: JPBolts

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
I would not touch that Sheffield job. But I guess there are some pros and cons of being a yo-yo team is tolerated? They are pretty clearly the worst team in the league except maybe Burnley though and the table backs that up.

What would be more interesting is if Potter is someone being lined up to replace Unai Emery. Honestly Emery is a guy that I could see at Barcelona and have not seen his name connected a ton over there
Don't worry, Potter is headed for Liverpool. :sarcasm:

JPBolts

Jun 21, 2019

yeah, I don't think there's a way he ends up at Sheffield United. With Emery, who knows? He and his whole staff run the show at Villa Park -- so the compensation that Barcelona would have to pay would be world record breaking.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Potter would be like, 30th on a long list of candidates.
For sure. I mean if the team was in the same situation when Klopp was hired as it is now, then maybe they’d have to settle for a guy like that; if we couldn’t get Klopp or Ancelotti, the third name on the list was Eddie Howe and that’s basically the equivalent situation here. But Klopp is leaving the team in a very good place for his successor, so I don’t think they are going to have to go too far down their list of preferred candidates.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
I feel as though a number of transfers/loans happened and I didn’t catch them. Didn’t see that Burnley picked up Esteve on loan. Datro-Fofana too who is already paying dividends. Curious if these moves help them.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
1707053078767.jpeg

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
One of these clubs has over £220m in midfielders on the pitch and if you asked an uninformed observer to identify which they wouldn't be able to tell.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad