GWT: EPL - Matchweek 23

Paulie Gualtieri

R.I.P. Tony Sirico
May 18, 2016
Dragusin did not look like he has settled yet, obviously his first game? But he looked slow and out of sync and taken a back by the speed. It is not the serie A, it's faster and more physical.
He's been subbed on twice previously. Weird that you mentioned that the Premier League is more physical when he was bodying players left and right lol.

Reactions: luiginb

luiginb

Aug 23, 2007
Barcelona
Dragusin did not look like he has settled yet, obviously his first game? But he looked slow and out of sync and taken a back by the speed. It is not the serie A, it's faster and more physical.
What do you mean, he played a perfect game? 1/1 headers won, 3/3 duels won, never dribbled past. What more do you expect from a defender in 10 minutes of play?

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
I think that’s fine though, he’s only there to clean up messes and head stuff away at this point, which is probably fine. he’s just a battering ram. really unimpressed by any of Tottenham defenders though. Not think any of them have brains. Now they all have good physical tools to bail themselves out of mistakes/being out of position/etc., but I don’t rate any of them as good defenders in structure, all I heard about was how great Mickey Long Legs is, and he’s just fast Enough to out run his mistakes and lousy positioning. And he is dreadful in the air, especially for a player his height. I think Dragusin is there because he is good in the air, so if he is shutting the aerial stuff down they’ll be happy, but this is not a strong defensive team. They’ve been bailed out by hot goaltending, and if/when Vicario cools down they are going to be a sieve

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017
What do you mean, he played a perfect game?
Calma, he played 10 minutes and they conceded one goal and he twice impeded Beto that could have been called foul. Hardly perfection.

I think that’s fine though, he’s only there to clean up messes and head stuff away at this point, which is probably fine. he’s just a battering ram. really unimpressed by any of Tottenham defenders though. Not think any of them have brains. Now they all have good physical tools to bail themselves out of mistakes/being out of position/etc., but I don’t rate any of them as good defenders in structure, all I heard about was how great Mickey Long Legs is, and he’s just fast Enough to out run his mistakes and lousy positioning. And he is dreadful in the air, especially for a player his height. I think Dragusin is there because he is good in the air, so if he is shutting the aerial stuff down they’ll be happy, but this is not a strong defensive team. They’ve been bailed out by hot goaltending, and if/when Vicario cools down they are going to be a sieve
I disagree. VdV has been flawless. Very aggressive, fast and good with the ball, one of the best centerback in the league. Romero is VERY inconsistent though.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Calma, he played 10 minutes and they conceded one goal and he twice impeded Beto that could have been called foul. Hardly perfection.

I disagree. VdV has been flawless. Very aggressive, fast and good with the ball. Romero is VERY inconsistent though.
VDV is fools gold. He is able to out run his mistakes so it hides it a bit, but he is completely reliant on his closing speed. His closing speed is elite, but he does nothing else above average. He is only tall and fast. And yeah, he is young enough that he can improve but right now that’s it.

luiginb

Aug 23, 2007
Barcelona
They conceded because Richarlison thinks he can dribble through the whole Everton team and because Romero's not that good in the air. Dragusin was defending the near post at the goal, as he's a RCB. Those shoulder to shoulder that are Dragusin's bread and butter were not called in Serie A and they're definitely not being called in the Premier League.

Reactions: Savant

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Putting your best player, who is unfit, down 3-0, and then watching him reinjure himself after ten minutes….

think Roy has to be done

Also Luton is really really good

Reactions: Blender

JPBolts

Jun 21, 2019
how did the ref not call that a foul in real time. then the first penalty shenanigans with him not being ready.

Now Luton up 4-2

erikhamren

May 7, 2021
Sweden
Howe out. He is mediocre. Someone else on the bench can manage the team until summer when we get a legit coach

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
Luton up 4-2 is wild. I hope they can pull off the win.

I have to add as well that Ross Barkley is having a renaissance season.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad