GWT: EPL - Matchweek 18

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Of course City drop dumb points where Pep forgets he has a bench a bench and then Arsenal get to play Brighton without their two best players. The have the lucky horseshoe up their ass this season

Still waiting for the moment City running away with it.
It’s all fun and games until the calendar turns over and City uncorks a 15 game win streak

luiginb

Aug 23, 2007
Barcelona
It's been 20 minutes and I'm still not sure how City are set up today, Pep's doing Pep things. The kid who I thought was a right back is playing in a number 10 position most attacks.

Called it, these 2 missed points today by City are mostly Pep's fault. Sometimes he seems he's experimenting new ways of playing football with City's money, hes got this mad scientist vibe about him haha

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Of course City drop dumb points where Pep forgets he has a bench a bench and then Arsenal get to play Brighton without their two best players. The have the lucky horseshoe up their ass this season

It’s all fun and games until the calendar turns over and City uncorks a 15 game win streak
We also have seen Arsenal falter in the 2nd half of the season. Should be a good ending tho regardless

Brunkmeister

Sep 4, 2021

They might, but nothing points at that as things stands right now. And even if they do Arsenal could still do the same and they have that gap already. A win today would see us 7 points clear. Going from that to City running away with it would take a massive collapse from Arsenal. And nothing points at that right now.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
We also have seen Arsenal falter in the 2nd half of the season. Should be a good ending tho regardless
Define “good” :)

I mean that’s the thing with City though. They do their damage when the calendar turns over. Arsenal have been very good, but they need to prove they can keep up with City’s pace when they go into their fugue states when they don’t drop points and other teams stop trying against them

They might, but nothing points at that as things stands right now. And even if they do Arsenal could still do the same and they have that gap already. A win today would see us 7 points clear. Going from that to City running away with it would take a massive collapse from Arsenal. And nothing points at that right now.
Arsenal still has to play City twice though. That’s going to be a big difference. City is also a much better second half of the season team. We will see how it goes

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006

I mean that’s the thing with City though. They do their damage when the calendar turns over. Arsenal have been very good, but they need to prove they can keep up with City’s pace when they go into their fugue states when they don’t drop points and other teams stop trying against them

Arsenal still has to play City twice though. That’s going to be a big difference. City is also a much better second half of the season team. We will see how it goes
Good as in fun.

Brunkmeister

Sep 4, 2021

And City has to play Arsenal twice. But i guess you just assume they will roll over? I think City are just as scared to play against this Arsenalside as anyone. They are legit. Yes we will. I’m not sure it’s going to be a win today though. We have been struggling against Brighton these last couple of years. Would be very happy with a win.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
And City has to play Arsenal twice. But i guess you just assume they will roll over? I think City are just as scared to play against this Arsenalside as anyone. They are legit. Yes we will. I’m not sure it’s going to be a win today though. We have been struggling against Brighton these last couple of years. Would be very happy with a win.
I didn’t say that. I’m just saying those six points that are up for grabs will probably be what decides the league.

I don’t think City are scared of Arsenal (or vice versa) and I don’t think either side is not legit. I just know what it’s like to have to keep up a pace with City, and this Arsenal team is not as good as any of the LFC teams that finished second, (but this is also a worse City team), so I would stay humble. Still a lot of league to go. Be happy you are getting the worst version of this Brighton side today without their two best players

Reactions: Brunkmeister

Brunkmeister

Sep 4, 2021
Arsenal this year starting to feel like Leicester that year. Not sure if they're the best team, but the best performing team for sure.

Leicester wasn’t even close to dominating the games like Arsenal does. Bad comparison. They did their thing very good but it was mostly Vardy on counters and Mahrez with some individual displays.

luiginb

Aug 23, 2007
Barcelona
Arsenal do look like they mean business, but Brighton has balanced out the game. What I'm worried about de Zerbi's team is minutes 60-90 as I only (barely) recognise 3 names on their bench.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
All of this starting from a play that was not even close to onside. How does the official not catch that?

luiginb

Aug 23, 2007
Barcelona
All of this starting from a play that was not even close to onside. How does the official not catch that?
I hope the next development in implementing VAR is analyzing corners and goal kicks. Should be quite fast to decide which is which.

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
I hope the next development in implementing VAR is analyzing corners and goal kicks. Should be quite fast to decide which is which.

I think that's where it'll go with the automated offside. Still a few years away though I think.

Although obviously if you have a CL winning goal or similar scored off a corner or foul from an offside play that might change faster as people will be up in arms.

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017
Jealous of Arsenal the year they dominate is the year Man City drop in form. Why City did not drop like that last year?

Reactions: luiginb

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad