Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013
Very nice from Mount/Pulisic and then unbelievable touch by Havertz

Reactions: Blender

Peen

Oct 6, 2013
Koulibaly is the biggest bust of any summer signing I can think of. Looks so past it

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
Koulibaly is the biggest bust of any summer signing I can think of. Looks so past it
He's slow, out of position constantly, and makes reckless challenges. Chalobah should be starting.

Reactions: Peen

Brunkmeister

Sep 4, 2021
My concern is still depth. Especially with Jesus out. If Man City keeps dropping points though they can take the title.

Depth is a problem, but hey we lost Jesus and still scored 7 in 2. That is crazy good under the circumstances.

Reactions: Rob

Alpha Couturier
Feb 28, 2005
Chester, UK
Forest should have won that game by 2 or 3. Chelsea significantly less than the sum of their parts. £400m plus on that pitch and you’re getting dominated by Taiwo Awoniyi.

AlanHUK

5-14-6-1
Nov 27, 2010
Nottingham, England
Forest should have won that game by 2 or 3. Chelsea significantly less than the sum of their parts. £400m plus on that pitch and you’re getting dominated by Taiwo Awoniyi.

Taiwo's best game in a Forest shirt so far. No idea how Koulibaly and Mount escaped bookings

Gallagher looked quality when he came on for Chelsea, I don't understand why he isn't starting games, Chelsea looked much more stable defensively and more creative going forward once he came on

Last edited:

Peen

Oct 6, 2013
I said this many times over the past four years ago and got bashed for it. He was always a crazy physical specimen with very low IQ for the game.
I got crucified on r/chelseafc when I said he was a downgrade on Rudiger in August lmao

Peen

Oct 6, 2013
Taiwo's best game in a Forest shirt so far. No idea how Koulibaly and Mount escaped bookings

Gallagher looked quality when he came on for Chelsea, I don't understand why he isn't starting games, Chelsea looked much more stable defensively and more creative going forward once he came on
I just don’t think there is room in a top club’s starting lineup on any possession based team for a direct, pressing, shooting central midfielder.

I think he has a role to play as depth in certain situational appearances or as a starter for a mid table club, but I don’t see him as starter quality.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
I got crucified on r/chelseafc when I said he was a downgrade on Rudiger in August lmao
I mean Rudiger isn't any better in that comparison lol, but at that price, with Kouli you'd think you would get at least a John Stones type of CB. Don't worry though, you lot are probably getting Endo so that should make up for that Tuchel transfer.

Peen

Oct 6, 2013
I mean Rudiger isn't any better in that comparison lol, but at that price, with Kouli you'd think you would get at least a John Stones type of CB. Don't worry though, you lot are probably getting Endo so that should make up for that Tuchel transfer.
Rudiger is absolutely better than current Koulibaly.

I also don’t like the idea of saying it was solely a Tuchel transfer even if he probably did spearhead the veteran targets we had given the transition phase the club was in.

Lot of responsibility to be shared on the debacle.

Previous board put us in a mess of a situation with Christensen, Rudiger’s contracts being allowed to expire. Similar to the midfield, no first team CB signings over a five year period outside of 35 year old Thiago on a free.

New owners come in, reportedly very happy with a cheap purchase price and wanting to appease the coach and impress and then make a rushed signing. Can see the reasoning as we needed an established body to replace the outgoings but the dude is a bust and now we are stuck with him.

Good example of why it’s important to have proper planning and cohesion between management, owners, coach.

Reactions: Blender

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad