GWT: EPL - Matchweek 18

AlanHUK

5-14-6-1
Nov 27, 2010
Nottingham, England
I just don’t think there is room in a top club’s starting lineup on any possession based team for a direct, pressing, shooting central midfielder.

I think he has a role to play as depth in certain situational appearances or as a starter for a mid table club, but I don’t see him as starter quality.

I mean it may just be a one off with this game since I've not watched Chelsea much this year, but he seemed like a massive upgrade when he came on.

That said I don't rate Mount at all so that could also weigh into my opinion

ItsFineImFine

Aug 11, 2019
Koulibaly is not fast enough for the Prem. There's a reason there are no top defenders of his body shape/size in the Prem. He might be a dominant presence outside of one of the top 4 or 5 leagues though but not here where he gets turned even though technically and physically he's still a very good defender.

Also Liverpool even with Fabinho and Thiago both starting seem to have no midfield to play defence and it's absolutely a managerial issue with that hole in their team. They also seem to have lost their attacking fluidity and imo it's not coming back this season with this current combo of attackers, it was something special between peak Mane/Salah/Firminho.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
I mean Rudiger isn't any better in that comparison lol, but at that price, with Kouli you'd think you would get at least a John Stones type of CB. Don't worry though, you lot are probably getting Endo so that should make up for that Tuchel transfer.
What are you on about? Rudiger is vastly better. I didn't expect Koulibaly to 1-for-1 replace Rudiger since in addition to defending pretty well Rudiger is able to run with the ball very well. Koulibaly is much more of a downgrade than I was hoping for.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad