GWT: EPL - Matchweek 13

Jersey Fresh

Video Et Taceo
Feb 23, 2004
T.A.
Meh, Lloris made a mess of it and then tried to buy the FK by running into Wilson and then collapsing like it was a massive collision.
I guarantee at some point this season a variation of this exact play will be given to the goaltender/defender. In fact, I’d say this has already happened at least a dozen times where a defender knows he’s lost it and plays up even more innocuous contact.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Anyway, regarding the Jesus pen claim, it's the standard English stuff. Jesus fought through it at first, but the grab/hold is what let the defender get his foot to the ball. Then once he got the ball Jesus went down in a bit of a dramatic way so the ref decides that none of it is called.
Also initial contact outside the box I think contributed here

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
I guarantee at some point this season a variation of this exact play will be given to the goaltender/defender. In fact, I’d say this has already happened at least a dozen times where a defender knows he’s lost it and plays up even more innocuous contact.

The difference being that Wilson was basically standing still and it was a face to face collision. Usually when defenders buy fouls the attack came into the back of them (even if only slightly) which makes it a million times easier for the ref to call.

Jersey Fresh

Video Et Taceo
Feb 23, 2004
T.A.
Emerson Royal and Nelson Semedo are two of the worst players in the league. Barcelona trash that gets elevated purely because they played for that club.

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
Would have been absurd to call no goal
But at the same time if the ref calls the foul live, I don't think there's a chance VAR reverses it.

The ref had a very clear view of the play live and clearly chose not to call anything (either himself directly or his assistant helping him out), VAR just shouldn't be involved either way.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
As a whole I’ve been more impressed with newcastle this season than any team besides Man City and Arsenal. Not saying they are a top four team this season, but they could be?

they can obviously spend in January too

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
As a whole I’ve been more impressed with newcastle this season than any team besides Man City and Arsenal. Not saying they are a top four team this season, but they could be?

they can obviously spend in January too

Assuming they don't blow this lead they'll be 4th after this game. Granted Chelsea and United have one more game to play, but them pipping a top 4 spot wouldn't be insane at all

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad