GWT: EPL - Matchweek 12

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
One post and a deflected clearance, sure. Mind you, these are also chances Alisson isn’t getting near. Fabianski played well today, no issues.
Both were good

Have no issues if Conte stays at Spurs for a while. This mentality will give them absolute zero. United with 28 (!) attempts.
Conte has never stayed more than three years at a club. Would be shocked if it was Tottenham that broke that streak.

Brunkmeister

Sep 4, 2021
He's not going to. Wouldn't matter how good they were or if they won trophies. It's not his MO to stay.

Your probably right but where should he go next then? None of the powerhouses will look for a new manager in the nearest future i think. Maybe Xavi will get the boot but on the other hand Conte has absolute zero Barca-DNA. Italy NT?

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
Conte has never stayed more than three years at a club. Would be shocked if it was Tottenham that broke that streak.
Not just never more than three years, but he's only done more than 2 years at Juve.

3 years Juve, 2 years Italy, 2 years Chelsea, 2 years Inter, now he's in his second year at Spurs (albeit first was partial)

Based on his MO, it's unlikely he even stays next year.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
FWIW the players at Chelsea were ready for him to go. I think there's also a cultural difference between him managing in Italy and in England.

Your probably right but where should he go next then? None of the powerhouses will look for a new manager in the nearest future i think. Maybe Xavi will get the boot but on the other hand Conte has absolute zero Barca-DNA. Italy NT?

I don't really think he cares about managing a super club tbh, if he did he wouldn't have went to Tottenham. He's like those guys who play FIFA and have no problem changing teams every season because he doesn't get emotionally attached. He's these players coach and their job is to do what he says and in the end at some point they'll part because the balancing act starts to get more tilted. I'd like to have him as a coach while it lasted though.

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
One thing I find interesting about how ETH has United set up is the frequency with which the FBs come into the middle of the pitch when in possession without sacrificing overall team width.

It's not remotely uncommon for either Dalot or Shaw to pick up the within a couple yards of the center with Bruno/Eriksen and Rashford/Antony still out wide of them.

Reactions: luiginb

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
One thing I find interesting about how ETH has United set up is the frequency with which the FBs come into the middle of the pitch when in possession without sacrificing overall team width.

It's not remotely uncommon for either Dalot or Shaw to pick up the within a couple yards of the center with Bruno/Eriksen and Rashford/Antony still out wide of them.
This has become more popular in general. Arteta and Pep both do this too

Paulie Gualtieri

R.I.P. Tony Sirico
May 18, 2016
At least we didn't lose 3-0 :dunno:

Not going to worry yet. Only our second loss of the season and both of them were away to top 6 clubs.

luiginb

Aug 23, 2007
Barcelona
Watched just from min 55, but United absolutely ran Spurs out of the ground, Fred and Bruno had a field day with the Spurs midfield. Without Lloris and with some more clear heads in attack this could have turned ugly.

Watched a bit of Liverpool too, to be honest Allison was the main reason they got the point. Milner's cameo was something else too, saved a goal and somehow manages to play younger than both Henderson and Jones. Scamacca is such a hit or miss player, on his day he can be godlike, but days like today sheesh...

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
Honestly, he's Torres 2.0 for me, except worse because Torres had injuries as an excuse. Both scored some big Champions League goals and worked hard on the pitch, but my god Havertz has just not worked here.

Reactions: Peen and Blender

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
Honestly, he's Torres 2.0 for me, except worse because Torres had injuries as an excuse. Both scored some big Champions League goals and worked hard on the pitch, but my god Havertz has just not worked here.
What even is his excuse now? Before it was that he was being used as the lone striker which didn't suit him, but now he's been in his best position and is still terrible.

Not an injury for Gallagher, he was sick apparently.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
What even is his excuse now? Before it was that he was being used as the lone striker which didn't suit him, but now he's been in his best position and is still terrible.

Not an injury for Gallagher, he was sick apparently.

Weird that he'd start, but whatever. As for Havertz, it's always possible he can turn the season around, but I gotta think he's returning to Germany in the summer, and that's why the reports of us going after Nkunku make sense. Maybe he just never felt settled in England and coming here was more of a move of convenience because of COVID, and not something he actually wanted?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad