GWT: EPL - Matchweek 12

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
The marquee matchup is postponed this week due to Arsenal instead taking on PSV in Europe as a result of postponements due to the Queen's death. We still get a Big 6 matchup when Tottenham travels to Old Trafford and we have a fun Liverpool/West Ham matchup that could lead to some tension on the board.
HomeAwayTime and Date (CDT)Venue
Brighton & Hove AlbionNottingham ForestTues., Oct. 18, 1:30 PMThe AmEx
Crystal PalaceWolverhampton WanderersTues., Oct. 18, 2:15 PMSelhurst Park
ArsenalManchester CityPOSTPONEDThe Emirates
AFC BournemouthSouthamptonWed., Oct. 19, 1:30 PMVitality Stadium
LiverpoolWest Ham UnitedWed., Oct. 19, 1:30 PMAnfield
BrentfordChelseaWed., Oct. 19, 1:30 PMGtech Community Stadium
Newcastle UnitedEvertonWed., Oct. 19, 1:30 PMSt. James' Park
Manchester UnitedTottenham HotspurWed., Oct. 19, 2:15 PMOld Trafford
FulhamAston VillaThurs., Oct. 20, 1:30 PMCraven Cottage
Leicester CityLeeds UnitedThurs., Oct. 20, 2:15 PMKing Power Stadium

Last edited:

Paulie Gualtieri

R.I.P. Tony Sirico
May 18, 2016
A win against United and Spurs have a healthy buffer to the teams outside of the top four. Not keeping my hopes up though.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Tomorrow is a major opportunity for RDZ to get his first 3 points of the season. At home against relegation fodder.

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
Man... just watched Man city pool and from the start, Man city playing that goofy lets-hold-the-ball-for-possession-but-hardly-press but go to sleep on defense. I mean if you play to tie ... and try to lull the opposition to sleep, make sure you don't fall asleep either.
So frustrating. But. Also it was funny... because it shot right back in pep face. Play to win against LP already. So damn cautious.

luiginb

Aug 23, 2007
Barcelona
Witnessed an elusive Adama goal, a header to boot! Very good play from Wolves young left back Bueno to set up the play.

Vieira finally uses a nice offensive setup and it comes back to bite him in the ass. Maybe he's been right all this time and I've been wrong haha

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
Forest was a fun story to come up, but holy smokes are they not remotely high enough quality for this division.

Might as well have Burnley back in the Prem

luiginb

Aug 23, 2007
Barcelona
Eze scores from a great Olise cross. Vieira finally playing the two of them together instead of the ghost of Ayew.

And Palace complete the comeback, great combinative play between Eze, Edouard and Zaha.

Last edited:

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Looks like LFC sticking with the double pivot.

Some of the positioning looks a little weird. Methinks there will be a lot of movement

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
@ Chelsea fans, it's been a couple of weeks now. How are you feeling about Potter and the rest of his staff? Good first impressions? Bad? etc.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
@ Chelsea fans, it's been a couple of weeks now. How are you feeling about Potter and the rest of his staff? Good first impressions? Bad? etc.
Love it, but that was my reaction to his hire as well. There obviously is and will continue to be an adjustment period, but tons of positives.

Reactions: robertmac43

gary69

Sep 22, 2004
Then and there

Hmm...not sure how they will be positionwise, doesn't look like much wide play will be on the agenda. What kinfd of service that will mean for Broja. But at least Broja being further up in front of Havertz and demanding attention from defenders, should give Kai more room to operate.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
Hmm...not sure how they will be positionwise, doesn't look like much wide play will be on the agenda. What kinfd of service that will mean for Broja. But at least Broja being further up in front of Havertz and demanding attention from defenders, should give Kai more room to operate.
Looks like a 4-3-3? I assume Gallagher and RLC will be relied on to drive out wide and provide some attack from there.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
West Ham look like they are playing way too fast for LFC. Does not bode well.

Seems windy. Y’all know what that means. Commentators already talking about it too.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad