GWT: EPL - Matchweek 10

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
You can look it up if you want. I was merely pointing out where you live has no impact on your understanding of the game, something you'd think you'd agree with given your location. But, you try to use that as an attack on me instead, and also shows you're paying a weird amount of attention to my posts (who's the weirdo?)
Again doesn’t take a ton of attention. Was in several threads. I just think it’s ironic when are calling me butt hurt but you are the one that just had a tantrum.

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
from what I understand. Everton's alleged breaches are more straightforward, occurred in a shorter period of time (from right around covid). They are accused of breaching the sustainability rules with a more than allowed loss during the year. City's (iirc) are a lot more nuanced... They go from the 09-10 season through the 17-18 season and include different components -- the article on the Athletic below provides a better read/knowledge
Everton's issue is that they submitted honest books but lost an absolute truckload of money.

City's issue is that they routinely lied about their books and made up false sponsorships to not show massive losses.

The first is trivially easy to show. By Everton's own admission they broke the rules. The second requires basically proving fraud on the part of City which is harder to do.

HeHateMeFrisbee

Feb 27, 2002
Savannah, GA
Again doesn’t take a ton of attention. Was in several threads. I just think it’s ironic when are calling me butt hurt but you are the one that just had a tantrum.
Clearly you don't have kids if that's a tantrum to you.

Anyway I'm going to enjoy watching the game now, hope your day gets better!

luiginb

Aug 23, 2007
Barcelona
Only caught a bit over half an hour but Liverpool playing some champagne football, that second goal was a thing of beauty.

United started strongly against City.

luiginb

Aug 23, 2007
Barcelona
John "Beckenbauer" Stones

I'm glad to see Grealish has finally stopped partying enough to play some footy, but Doku is better there.

Reactions: BillPrep

luiginb

Aug 23, 2007
Barcelona
Told you guys when you got him that I'm surprised United went for Hojlund, seen him enough at Atalanta to know he'd be an average striker at the Premier League level, but with room to grow. He's the second best Danish striker in my book after Jonas Wind atm.

maclean

Jan 4, 2014
What a dive. Rodri feels the arm and absolute chucks himself to the ground.

That's what I thought too. Feels like that and worse happens all the time on set pieces and the refs just ignore it. But, I don't know, apparently I'm wrong

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
Onana is the only reason this game isn’t like 4-0 at this moment. Rashford has had some good moments. McTominay some good moments. The rest of this team looks like garbage.

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
Linedelof is being deeply exposed on the left.

Not really sure what else this lineup is supposed to do though.

Probably the 4th and 5th string CBs in, the 3rd string CB playing out of position at LB. Weird midfield makeup, etc.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
Linedelof is being deeply exposed on the left.

Not really sure what else this lineup is supposed to do though.

Probably the 4th and 5th string CBs in, the 3rd string CB playing out of position at LB. Weird midfield makeup, etc.
I mean even if we had a first choice team do we really believe that United wouldn’t be exposed?

maclean

Jan 4, 2014
United could easily be level if they were so wasteful with the chances they were given, that's the concern I would have

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
United could easily be level if they were so wasteful with the chances they were given, that's the concern I would have
Yea City haven't played great overall.

On balance City leading is definitely fair, maybe even by multiple goals, but City doesn't look super comfortable with a 1-0 lead.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $354.00