GWT: EPL - Matchweek 10

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
First two games, two London derbies, which is always fun. Spurs head south to play the Eagles, while Brentford battle their West London rivals, heading to Stamford Bridge. However, the gem of the weekend, at least in theory, is the Manchester derby at Old Trafford. United is reeling, but Old Trafford should be rocking. City also has been experiencing uncharacteristic bumps in form.

HomeAwayTime and Date (CT)Venue
Crystal PalaceTottenham HotspurFri., Oct. 27, 2:00 PMSelhurst Park
ChelseaBrentfordSat., Oct. 28, 6:30 AMStamford Bridge
ArsenalSheffield UnitedSat., Oct. 28, 9:00 AMThe Emirates
BournemouthBurnleySat., Oct. 28, 9:00 AMVitality Stadium
Wolverhampton WanderersNewcastle UnitedSat., Oct. 28, 11:30 AMMolineux Stadium
West Ham UnitedEvertonSun., Oct. 29, 8:00 AMLondon Stadium
Brighton & Hove AlbionFulhamSun., Oct. 29, 9:00 AMThe AmEx
Aston VillaLuton TownSun., Oct. 29, 9:00 AMVilla Park
LiverpoolNottingham ForestSun., Oct. 29, 9:00 AMAnfield
Manchester UnitedManchester CitySun., Oct. 29, 10:30 AMOld Trafford

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Fulham always seems to play well against Brighton. Between the injuries and extra games these Thursday - Sunday weeks are only getting harder.

Wee Baby Seamus

Yo, Goober, where's the meat?
Mar 15, 2011
Halifax/Toronto
3 points on Saturday couldn't be more important for Chelsea, with visits to Spurs and Newcastle and City at home as our subsequent three fixtures. Feel good about it.

Not looking forward to a 7:30am kickoff the morning after Night 1 of Halloweekend, however.

JPBolts

Jun 21, 2019
Should really be aiming to get the max 9 points from our next three games in time for the Spurs match

maclean

Jan 4, 2014
Sounds like Jesus's injury shouldn't be that serious. Of course, if there's any question at all, one would hope that home against the team with one point so far this season would be a game we could rest him for. Time was, this would be exactly the kind of game we'd go and blow. Though the current team does continue to test my faith now and then, surely my nerves will also be rested this weekend.... Right?

Hoping for a lively Manchester derby. I will spare myself too much hope at City dropping points -- I'd settle for a good show of it.

Reactions: S E P H

maclean

Jan 4, 2014
When Spurs get the only Monday match and then the only Friday match 3 days later, that's ridiculous.

If you play last on Monday, there's zero reason to play first on Friday.

If you want to go full Liverpool over it I guess I can't stop you, but it's hardly a rarity, your math is off and teams play with less rest all the time, whether for Europe, cup games, make-up games or just "English weeks" where all the teams do it... :dunno:

Reactions: KJS14

KJS14

Jun 13, 2013
When did this become a board that just constantly complains about schedules every week?

The PL hates Arsenal - we have to play on Saturday 12/23, Tuesday 12/26, and Saturday 12/30. Wow! 3 games in 8 days! Surely no one else has ever experienced that!

Reactions: Spring in Fialta

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
If you aren’t playing midweeks, you can’t complain about a short turnaround

Wee Baby Seamus

Mar 15, 2011
Halifax/Toronto
I don't particularly care, but Monday and Friday is a strange scheduling choice.

It doesn't matter tho, other teams have midweek and also we don't bat an eye at the Festive Period fixtures, which are 10x as bonkers

Really for me it's just annoying that they play during the day while I am working. Not that big of a deal and I am sure the players can cope.
Specifically annoyed that Chelsea-Spurs is next Friday for this precise reason

ItsFineImFine

Aug 11, 2019
I think Odergaard being out of form is a problem for Arsenal because they usually need all three of him/Saka/MartinelliorTrossard clicking in order to be at their best. Not that it should matter against Sheffield. Especially if his bad form is due to physical fatigue from number of games, that's harder to fix than just being out of form.

Shame about no good matchups this weekend (unless you think Man City v Man Utd is still a big game) but I don't mind having games on Friday/Monday. Last week's schedule was bad, far too many games crammed on Saturday and only one on Sunday.

Reactions: maclean

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
Shame about no good matchups this weekend (unless you think Man City v Man Utd is still a big game) but I don't mind having games on Friday/Monday. Last week's schedule was bad, far too many games crammed on Saturday and only one on Sunday.

Newcastle-Arsenal and Spurs-Chelsea next round and then another week of ho-hum matches

KJS14

Jun 13, 2013
Really for me it's just annoying that they play during the day while I am working. Not that big of a deal and I am sure the players can cope.
Specifically annoyed that Chelsea-Spurs is next Friday for this precise reason
Sounds more like a benefit - get to watch on company time!

I get annoyed whenever someone tries to schedule a work meeting during CL afternoons, but at least this one is a Friday.

luiginb

Aug 23, 2007
Barcelona
Here we go again... 3 matches inc.

Man Utd winger facing ban for using gorilla emoji on picture with black teammate

Alejandro-Garnacho-deletes-Andre-Onana-tweet-a0af-e1698300808363.jpg

Living in Barcelona I was very surprised at the beginning how liberal Latinos are with terms like "el negro" or "el chino". Now I've gotten used to it, but it was quite the culture shock.

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
Living in Barcelona I was very surprised at the beginning how liberal Latinos are with terms like "el negro" or "el chino". Now I've gotten used to it, but it was quite the culture shock.
I learned about this when former Spanish F1 driver Roberto Merhi put this on Twitter many years ago, clearly not understanding how it'd turn out in English...

Näyttökuva 2023-10-26 202028.png

Wee Baby Seamus

Mar 15, 2011
Halifax/Toronto
Sounds more like a benefit - get to watch on company time!

I get annoyed whenever someone tries to schedule a work meeting during CL afternoons, but at least this one is a Friday.
I generally try and leave work at 4 on Fridays! Can't do that if it's halfway through a fixture

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad