GWT: EPL Match Day 2

booyakasha

Oct 11, 2007
Edmonton, AB
Marcus Alonso is an awesome player, getting that much production from a full back was an amazing find by Chelsea.

Spurs didn't look too good in this game and perhaps a lack of transfers could be one of the reasons why. Chelsea's squad today isn't anything special, but they bossed Tottenham in the midfield and that wasn't even with Fabregas on the team either. It's a big loss because when Spurs have to go back to Chelsea, they're going to have to play them with surely a Hazard in the line up as well.

Even with Spurs having one goal, Chelsea actually scored all three goals today which makes me question if Kane is able to deliver Spurs to the promise land for the consistent run. He obviously has good goal totals, but I've always noticed him as a very hot or cold player. Some months he absolutely dominates and looks better than Suarez and other games he looks like he couldn't beat Chamakh in a duel.

Again, Morata is proving that I'm right, playing on Juve/RM pretty much overblown his talent. Now he went on a clearly less talented squad and simply hasn't been able to adjust being needed to do more work to create goals.

Just because Steven Gerald is an idiot majority of the time, doesn't mean he's an idiot all the time. He's absolutely right about Ozil, his body language and just overall demeanor has been dreadful. He only wants to put the effort in when he has the ball, but because he doesn't have the work rate or the elusiveness (like Mane/Alexis), a more physical player will be able to dispossess him 9 out of every 10 times.

I don't get how Gunners here like Booyakasha or whatever his name is can't see this. It's more visible than the sun waking you up every morning. Truly a pathetic player right now who's absolutely half-assing it.

He is NOT one of the best defenders in the league. He had a strong game today, but one game doesn't make a career of inconsistencies, mistakes, and huge ranges of play from every weekend to the next. As a Gunner, I absolutely love playing against him because he tends to be so overconfident in his abilities and has more mistakes than what posters make him out to be.

I'm not a Gunner.:laugh: I have never played for the club.

the monicker for an Arsenal fan is "Gooner".

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Lol, yikes you really have nothing better to do, don't you? Except start a fictional argument about differences of spelling.

@1:24

https://ok.ru/video/314512640549 (Same video with the evidence that isn't blocked, shows the amount of fly-bys he conducts).

Martin Keown said the same thing about Ozil. What are they saying wrong about Ozil yesterday? He's supposed to wreck less talented clubs like Stoke with his vision and passing abilities.

He's way better than Koscielny, although they're different players.
He's just a tad better at best. He's more mobile and better going forwards, but Kos is more consistent defending and is the better tackler even with his red card history. Overall though I agree that they're different defenders.

Last edited:

Deficient Mode

Mar 25, 2011
Per Opta definitions, Özil was dispossessed the sixth least per 90 minutes among all attacking midfielders and forwards to play 2000+ EPL minutes last season.

The continuing hatred of him among reactionaries because he's apparently not physical enough is hilarious.

booyakasha

Oct 11, 2007
Edmonton, AB
Per Opta definitions, Özil was dispossessed the sixth least per 90 minutes among all attacking midfielders and forwards to play 2000+ EPL minutes last season.

The continuing hatred of him among reactionaries because he's apparently not physical enough is hilarious.

Ozil has always been a target for pundits an certain fans in Arsenal defeats due to his playing style. No matter how many chances he creates and how much of an influence he has, people will point out his “bad†body language and laziness.

It’s a shame but it’s become the norm whenever Arsenal fail to win a game.

booyakasha

Oct 11, 2007
Edmonton, AB
S E P H;135311253[B said:
]Lol, yikes you really have nothing better to do, don't you? Except start a fictional argument about differences of spelling.
[/B]

@1:24

https://ok.ru/video/314512640549 (Same video with the evidence that isn't blocked, shows the amount of fly-bys he conducts).

Martin Keown said the same thing about Ozil. What are they saying wrong about Ozil yesterday? He's supposed to wreck less talented clubs like Stoke with his vision and passing abilities.

He's just a tad better at best. He's more mobile and better going forwards, but Kos is more consistent defending and is the better tackler even with his red card history. Overall though I agree that they're different defenders.

you called me out in your previoius post, and now say i'm creating fictional arguements?
move on.

And it's not a difference in spelling LOL, it's a difference in term altogether.

Paulie Gualtieri

R.I.P. Tony Sirico
May 18, 2016
Chelsea were giving Spurs the outside of the pitch, most times he cut in he was dominated physically.

Well I have never seen Kane as a soft player. He was already stumbling before Alonso nudged him for example. His footwork can be quite clumsy, which may give someone a "soft player" impression.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
Well I have never seen Kane as a soft player. He was already stumbling before Alonso nudged him for example. His footwork can be quite clumsy, which may give someone a "soft player" impression.

I don't think he has typically been soft in the past, but I thought he was soft today. I didn't see their game last week so I can't comment on that.

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013
I know Rudiger was not seen as a good signing here, but as someone who's only seen him play in a chelsea shirt.. I do think he has good upside in this back three. Him and Christensen in the final 30 minutes were exceptional. Cleared every ball. If christensen gets stronger too... wow.

Maybe Chelsea have found their Matic replacement until Baka is ready in Luiz moving back to DM.

hagelin1381

Mar 27, 2016
Orlando, FL
I think Morata will look a lot better when the Chelsea's best forward isn't Willian.. Hazard and Pedro playing on either side of him would look a lot better. Christenen was awesome for the second half after looking shaky in the first. Didn't look too good but it's an away game against a team with title hopes so I'll take it

Nalens Oga

Jan 5, 2010
Canada
Didn't really notice Bakayoko do anything. Made a couple threatening runs but ball control wasn't good enough, wasn't the fastest at joining the attack, and he didn't impose his size defensively either.

Should probably start on the bench next time until he's match fit.

hagelin1381

Mar 27, 2016
Orlando, FL
Didn't really notice Bakayoko do anything. Made a couple threatening runs but ball control wasn't good enough, wasn't the fastest at joining the attack, and he didn't impose his size defensively either.

Should probably start on the bench next time until he's match fit.

I agree.. Not a lot of options for Conte this week though

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
I agree.. Not a lot of options for Conte this week though

Yea, his other options were 19 year old Kyle Scott who has never played a professional game, and 20 year old Charly Musonda who has a little bit of experience at least but not much.

maclean

Jan 4, 2014
Only saw the first half but Tottenham looked the much better side to me - unfortunately the crossbar and posts seemed to be magnetised for them and Chelsea scored on their sole chance. Just what I saw, second half could've been a different story.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Not much of a different story. Spurs were the better team but lacked finish. Kane missed quite a few chances and was unlucky on others (the post most notably since it was a great play).
Chelsea made the most of what? 3-4 chances?

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
Only saw the first half but Tottenham looked the much better side to me - unfortunately the crossbar and posts seemed to be magnetised for them and Chelsea scored on their sole chance. Just what I saw, second half could've been a different story.

Chelsea had nothing second half, but they didn't need to so....

The only good spell Spurs had were at the end of the first. Created some decent "situations" in the second as well, but nothing that developed into much sustained pressure.

Nalens Oga

Jan 5, 2010
Canada
Er, Chelsea made a numerous amount of counters in the 2nd half and Willian hit the bar. He caused some havoc, Pedro helped as well, would've been even worse if Hazard was starting.

Tbh it went to **** for Tottenham when they subbed off Dier, their central midfield became open and it actually became harder for them to sustain pressure as well as obviously defend.

Luigi Habs

Captain Saku
Jul 30, 2005
Montreal
Tbh all EPL teams this season are looking sloppy.

Man utd are looking the best but even last game they weren't really sharp, the score wasn't indicative of the game.

The bottom clubs look really bad this season and the top clubs either have too many holes or lack of depth.

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
Fair enough. With nothing I was thinking of possession/control. Poorly worded by me. They did have some counters and a decent spell after Dier went off. Agree with that as well.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
So I didn't watch City last week, but how about David Silva's haircut?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad