GWT: EPL Match Day 2

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
Actually if you had watched the game, Bakayoko was the one called for the foul, but Rudiger made the real foul.

So M. Troll, I'm still waiting for your comments about all the bad players in this game. Or in yesterday's.
Why pick on the sole guy that had a great reason to be bad today? Besides trolling I mean.

No that one was definitely Bakayoko.

Paulie Gualtieri

R.I.P. Tony Sirico
May 18, 2016
I just want to strangle Lloris sometimes. Wanyama with his poorest game as a Spurs player too. Alderweireld looking disinterested.

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
Actually if you had watched the game, Bakayoko was the one called for the foul, but Rudiger made the real foul.

So M. Troll, I'm still waiting for your comments about all the bad players in this game. Or in yesterday's.
Why pick on the sole guy that had a great reason to be bad today? Besides trolling I mean.

Rüdiger got the ball. The reverse angle was clear as day. Bakayoko got called for the foul because he was the one who committed the foul.

As I mentioned, yesterday I was driving across the country and couldn't watch. Don't know why you keep bringing that up. I said something about Bakayoko cause 1) I noticed he was having a bad game, 2) he was a big signing, and 3) he had just given up possession and committed a foul right after. I already mentioned number 3. Nothing to do with trolling and certainly nothing to do with you.

Remember, I don't think you need to comment on all the bad players to say someone is having a bad game. I think it's perfectly okay to note that someone who's having a bad game is having a bad game.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
Luiz dominant. As he often is.
Remember when he was the most ridiculed player here?

People were laughing here at Chelsea paying £34 million for him last year, and he was one of the best defenders in the league.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Being a defensive team, it's harder to play tight defensively on a bigger pitch. At least in the beginning while the manager and players adjust.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
They will keep mentioning it until proven wrong. Tottenham's pressing style won't work on the bigger pitch.

I think this is a little harsh. Tottenham didn't lose today because their press wasn't working.

I do think Pochettino will need to tweak things a bit though.

phisherman

Apr 17, 2015
But at the same time we are weak to teams pressing us ourselves, so it should even out, right?

Loved the atmosphere though.

Maybe. Though having two teams pressing each other on that big pitch should make for an entertaining match.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Marcus Alonso is an awesome player, getting that much production from a full back was an amazing find by Chelsea.

Spurs didn't look too good in this game and perhaps a lack of transfers could be one of the reasons why. Chelsea's squad today isn't anything special, but they bossed Tottenham in the midfield and that wasn't even with Fabregas on the team either. It's a big loss because when Spurs have to go back to Chelsea, they're going to have to play them with surely a Hazard in the line up as well.

Even with Spurs having one goal, Chelsea actually scored all three goals today which makes me question if Kane is able to deliver Spurs to the promise land for the consistent run. He obviously has good goal totals, but I've always noticed him as a very hot or cold player. Some months he absolutely dominates and looks better than Suarez and other games he looks like he couldn't beat Chamakh in a duel.

Again, Morata is proving that I'm right, playing on Juve/RM pretty much overblown his talent. Now he went on a clearly less talented squad and simply hasn't been able to adjust being needed to do more work to create goals.

He also said Joe Cole can do anything better than Messi.

That Ramsey was the best CAM in the league.

I rate him as a player, but take anything Stevie G with a grain of salt imo.
Just because Steven Gerald is an idiot majority of the time, doesn't mean he's an idiot all the time. He's absolutely right about Ozil, his body language and just overall demeanor has been dreadful. He only wants to put the effort in when he has the ball, but because he doesn't have the work rate or the elusiveness (like Mane/Alexis), a more physical player will be able to dispossess him 9 out of every 10 times.

I don't get how Gunners here like Booyakasha or whatever his name is can't see this. It's more visible than the sun waking you up every morning. Truly a pathetic player right now who's absolutely half-assing it.

People were laughing here at Chelsea paying £34 million for him last year, and he was one of the best defenders in the league.
He is NOT one of the best defenders in the league. He had a strong game today, but one game doesn't make a career of inconsistencies, mistakes, and huge ranges of play from every weekend to the next. As a Gunner, I absolutely love playing against him because he tends to be so overconfident in his abilities and has more mistakes than what posters make him out to be.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
Kane was really soft today. Guy needs to bulk up or something, because he lost most of the challenges he was involved in and went to ground a ton.

He is NOT one of the best defenders in the league. He had a strong game today, but one game doesn't make a career of inconsistencies, mistakes, and huge ranges of play from every weekend to the next. As a Gunner, I absolutely love playing against him because he tends to be so overconfident in his abilities and has more mistakes than what posters make him out to be.

He was absolutely one of the best defenders in the league last year, like I said. Guy had a fantastic season and was named to the team of the year.

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
David Luiz is a top class DM and a solid defender. I think Chelsea might be smart to keep him in the middle of the pitch.

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
I think this is a little harsh. Tottenham didn't lose today because their press wasn't working.

I do think Pochettino will need to tweak things a bit though.

Spurs lost today becuase of a silly foul then a spectacular FK, some absurdly lazy defending then a goaltending mistake, and because they didn't bury the cuances they had.

I don't really see how pitch size changes any of those.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
He was absolutely one of the best defenders in the league last year, like I said. Guy had a fantastic season and was named to the team of the year.

Don't get me wrong, he's an above-average solid defender, but he's closer to Koscielny's level than he's to Hummels/Silva/(pre-injured) Kompany's level.

And so what? Teams who win the title tend to have multiple players in the team of the year. If Arsenal won the title, players like Koscielny, Cech, and Alexis would probably be in the TOTY as well even if some of them didn't deserve it.

David Luiz is a top class DM and a solid defender. I think Chelsea might be smart to keep him in the middle of the pitch.
I will admit, I do believe he's better as a CDM than a CB.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
Don't get me wrong, he's an above-average solid defender, but he's closer to Koscielny's level than he's to Hummels/Silva/(pre-injured) Kompany's level.

And so what? Teams who win the title tend to have multiple players in the team of the year. If Arsenal won the title, players like Koscielny, Cech, and Alexis would probably be in the TOTY as well even if some of them didn't deserve it.

Since when have Hummels and Silva been playing in the Premier League?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad