GWT: EPL Match Day 2

Adele Dazeem

Oct 20, 2015
On an island
Liverpool doesn't take Man United's trash, and definitely not someone from across the park. He scored two goals but he's still trash, and he's a Manc, and worst of all he's from Liverpool and gave an interview to the Sun. And nothing will ever change that.

Rooney is not Manchester's trash my friend. He was just not a fan of Mourinho, which is understandable as he is a polarizing coach. Rooney would be a great player for any team he joins, and is clearly showing it. Everton were lucky to get that point.

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
Rooney is not Manchester's trash my friend. He was just not a fan of Mourinho, which is understandable as he is a polarizing coach. Rooney would be a great player for any team he joins, and is clearly showing it. Everton were lucky to get that point.

Calling him Utd's trash is a little overstated, but it's also not accurate to say he only left because of Mourinho. He's not the Rooney he once was, that should be obvious. Yes, he's still got great goalscoring instincts and will likely be able to reach double digit goals if he starts on a regular basis, but he's no the type of guy who can lead an attack at a club who wants to compete for the PL title.

He's a clear downgrade to all of the starters on United right now and wanted to play more than situational.

Adele Dazeem

Oct 20, 2015
On an island
Calling him Utd's trash is a little overstated, but it's also not accurate to say he only left because of Mourinho. He's not the Rooney he once was, that should be obvious. Yes, he's still got great goalscoring instincts and will likely be able to reach double digit goals if he starts on a regular basis, but he's no the type of guy who can lead an attack at a club who wants to compete for the PL title.

He's a clear downgrade to all of the starters on United right now and wanted to play more than situational.

Of course he isn't the prime Rooney, who is a legend btw, that being said I think he would be a very nice complimentary piece to a team going for the PL (limited time on the s-11). I think he would look especially good on a team like Liverpool. With all the pace they have; Rooney would create magic with the likes of Firmino and Salah creating space for him. It's a shame they didn't even inquire about him.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
I think he would look especially good on a team like Liverpool. With all the pace they have; Rooney would create magic with the likes of Firmino and Salah creating space for him. It's a shame they didn't even inquire about him.

This is an interesting take. Liverpool would never even think about inquiring about Rooney, and the fans would never accept him. He's also not good enough to play for our team anyway, and likely would not fit in well with Klopp's system.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad