Huddersfield - Newcastle (NBCSN)

11 AM
Tottenham - Chelsea (NBCSN)

Monday 21 August

3 PM
Man City - Everton (NBCSN)

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
Last two games should be good. The rest is a bit zzzz to be honest. Stoke - Arsenal used to be good under Pulis, but not the same now.

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
Last two games should be good. The rest is a bit zzzz to be honest. Stoke - Arsenal used to be good under Pulis, but not the same now.

Liverpool Palace 3-3 was a great game to watch during the BR era.

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
Liverpool Palace 3-3 was a great game to watch during the BR era.

With no Zaha, no Sako and no Sakho. This will be complete domination from Liverpool. As a neutral that game doesn´t interest me at all.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
Chelsea will not have Hazard, Cahill, or Fabregas, and Pedro is doubtful. Bakayoko isn't completely ready, but could be available.

I imagine it will look like this at the start. The bench will be a disaster.

Boga/Musonda-Morata-Willian
Alonso-Luiz/AC-Kante-Moses
Rudiger-Luiz/AC-Azpilicueta​

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Hopefully CP doesn't just bunker up (lol) and we could see some more beautiful football from Liverpool.

Realistically I just want a win; I don't care how jammy. Maybe the terrible officiating from the first game can be cancelled out in this one...wouldn't mind some favourable calls. I was hoping for a change to the 4-2-3-1 since we don't have a creative midfielder avaialable:

Solanke
Mane - Firmino - Salah
Wijnaldum - Henderson
Robertson - Lovren - Matip - TAA​

Though from what I'm hearing if Milner is starting I'd guess it'd be in place of Can? I hope. Can had a purple patch but I just don't see him fitting long term and he shouldn't be a starter for us.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
The side needs to be rotated because Liverpool have to advance in mid-week. Sturridge is available so I'd start him straight away. Have to use him when fit.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
The side needs to be rotated because Liverpool have to advance in mid-week. Sturridge is available so I'd start him straight away. Have to use him when fit.

Mane and Can didn't practice. They may start on the bench. I think Klopp goes diamond here.

Firmino Sturridge
Salah
Milner Henderson Wijnaldum
Moreno Lovren Matip Trent
Mignolet.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Mane and Can didn't practice. They may start on the bench. I think Klopp goes diamond here.

Firmino Sturridge
Salah
Mignolet.

Swap Salah and Firmino maybe, and have Robertson in for Moreno.

Also wouldn't be surprised if it were Solanke/Origi starting with Sturridge coming on from the bench.

phisherman

Apr 17, 2015

Firmino Sturridge
Salah
Mignolet.

Moreno over Robertson again?

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Swap Salah and Firmino maybe.

Nah. I'm good with what I've got. Klopp said he likes Salah in the middle too and Salah likes running the channels. They will all move around though. Maybe 433 with Firmino on left and Salah on right. They will switch up.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
If I was the one rotating the squad, and I'm not:

Studge-Origi
Wijnaldum
Grujic-Milner
Can
Morono-Lovren-Matip-Flanagan​

The first team players need to play against Hoffenheim and Arsenal. I also don't think Alexander-Arnold needs to play this many matches in such a short span of time. Henderson is also coming back from injury. That all being said, considering Palace looked open at the back last weekend, if Liverpool played their best team they could be ahead big by halftime. Still don't think it's a good idea.

jacobhockey13

used to watch hockey, then joined HF Boards
Apr 17, 2014
on the bench
My personal musings on Newcastle: It'll be great to see Merino in the midfield; Yedlin's back training but I assume he won't be fit; initial impression of Manquillo was that he's bad; we'll see. Mbemba gets another chance to impress Rafa. I'd also love to see Rolando Aarons on the pitch. One of the most promising talents in years before being brutalized by injuries.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad