GWT: EPL Match Day 2

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
It was coming. Everton have themselves to blame. Also that was a very nice finish from Sterling.

What do you mean I talk to early? I said it was silly for Everton to invite pressure like they did and it ended up with City scoring.

John Pedro

Feb 6, 2014
São Paulo
Is Danilo looking good? just turned into the game and he created two good chances including the goal. If he can regain his Porto's form he'll make the WC roster fairly easily.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
David Silva is still so good. For as much as people rate de Bruyne, I never see him dominate games the way Silva does.

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013
Defenseman heading to the penalty spot... sigh...

Usually in that situation id blame the defensive midfielders for not covering the players in the box..

But dead center on the penalty spot come on..

Horrible by holgatw

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013
Bernardo silva and danilo have been immense

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Crazy eventful game.

- John Stones playing Everton onside for their goal is unbelievably bad. :laugh: You play the offside trap in that situation 100 out of every 10 times.

- Harsh red for Walker, but absolutely brutal dive by Aguero. Schneiderlin has every right to be fuming there.

- Everton is going to be a tough team to break down this year, they have a solid back line even with Sterling's goal.

Bernardo silva and danilo have been immense
Agreed, Danilo in particular looks crazy good. Football has been producing a lot of quality fullbacks lately for some odd reason.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
Ok so my problem with Everton's business this summer is this. They spent 63m on two midfielders who couldn't keep the ball at all when they had an extra man, and now with no Lukaku they had nobody who could hold the ball up, even against an extra man. To get someone who can hold the ball up like Lukaku would cost at least 50 million. Their only real chance the entire match came from Sane giving the ball away too close to his defensive third.

They should have taken three points from that game.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
It was a yellow card. I believe bans are not allowed in that situation.

Wasn't a dive anyway.

I think it's two games if the diving action leads to a sending off or penalty. Could be wrong though. Didn't look too bad on second watch tho.

YEM

Mar 7, 2010
I know they spent big bucks on Sigurdsson but that was not the time/place/situation for his debut

Nalens Oga

Jan 5, 2010
Canada
Not the right subs by Koeman but not sure what else he could've used on his bench.

Anyways, they played better without the man advantage in the first half than they did with it in the second half. Just completely unable to hang on to possession or start passing it around at all which was poor.

Adele Dazeem

Oct 20, 2015
On an island
Happy for Rooney; he was being labeled a gimmick signing, but he's still very good. A team like Liverpool could sure have used him....

That being said I don't think Everton have a team to challenge the top-6; Leicester on the other hand I think can potentially crack the top-4 if they keep Mahrez. They look solid as a team.

Two weeks in; and I keep my belief that either Manchester clubs will be crowned champions. Liverpool need to get a CB in, ASAP.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
Liverpool doesn't take Man United's trash, and definitely not someone from across the park. He scored two goals but he's still trash, and he's a Manc, and worst of all he's from Liverpool and gave an interview to the Sun. And nothing will ever change that.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
Happy for Rooney; he was being labeled a gimmick signing, but he's still very good. A team like Liverpool could sure have used him....

That being said I don't think Everton have a team to challenge the top-6; Leicester on the other hand I think can potentially crack the top-4 if they keep Mahrez. They look solid as a team.

Two weeks in; and I keep my belief that either Manchester clubs will be crowned champions. Liverpool need to get a CB in, ASAP.

Nope nope nope. Definitely can't see it happening.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
Is Danilo looking good? just turned into the game and he created two good chances including the goal. If he can regain his Porto's form he'll make the WC roster fairly easily.

Didn't today's match, but I thought he looked pretty good against Brighton.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->