EOJHL 2013-2014 Season Part II

90 blues

Mar 31, 2014
The difference so far in this series is the top gun from both teams Widenmaier has 1 point and I donot notice him. Rodier has 4 points and he is all over the ice.

gusfring

Jul 4, 2006
The difference so far in this series is the top gun from both teams Widenmaier has 1 point and I donot notice him. Rodier has 4 points and he is all over the ice.

Plus the Vikings D is having big problems with Allard and Gotzmann speed wise, meanwhile OW D is containing Casselman's forwards.

Even last night down a goal, the Vikings could not get many clear chances.

JRhockeyguy

Apr 4, 2014
We'll the next game is absolutely huge! Unfortunatly for vikings fans, I believe there chances are slim.. Both great hockey teams. But the simple fact is, Casselman has not played behind all year long, let alone in a playoff series. It will be interesting to see what there coaches will do to prepare for game 4! If casselman can find a way to tie the series up, if they play like last night behind most of the game, it's not gonna be a happy casselman team.

Cheers

LETSPLAY

Sep 8, 2013
3-1 OW. Might have been the worst game OW has played in the series. Vikings don't seem to have any answers but the last win is the hardest

JRhockeyguy

Apr 4, 2014
Ottawa west really has it figured out. I was on Casselman's side at the start figuring they would run over. But wow has OWGK ever shown some pride.. Unbelievable road games, as well as at home. Kudos to the coaching staff of OW they've worked hard to get where they are and I believe tomorrow night will solidify there spot in the eastern Canadians! See you tomorrow!

90 blues

Mar 31, 2014
Your Goaile played Great . For us to stay alive, we have to move the puck, and go to the net. get some dirty goals.

gusfring

Jul 4, 2006
OW played a poor game last night by their standards and Casselman only mustered one goal.

gusfring

Jul 4, 2006
Your Goaile played Great . For us to stay alive, we have to move the puck, and go to the net. get some dirty goals.

Casselman are just not getting enough good scoring chances. Many shots coming from outside the slot.

Up to now, and no the series is not over, OW's D has totally outplayed Casselman's.

LETSPLAY

Sep 8, 2013
OW needs to move Dave Kilrea down the line-up - doesn't skate, doesn't hit - good in regular season - not in playoffs

LETSPLAY

Sep 8, 2013
Gutsy road win by the Vikings. Sundin waited too long to shake up his lines and needs to do it from the start of game 6. OW PP has also been unproductive. Tough coaching decisions ahead.

90 blues

Mar 31, 2014
:)Big win last night. The Knights made bad passes, and we got a break on the last goal . We heard Rodier is now out with a broken hand. Hate to see that happen to anyone. See you at game 6 AND 7 .

connor macdavid

Press Box Rat
Dec 24, 2008
Ottawa
Last night was an utter tale of four half-periods:

20:00-10:00 of the 2nd- All OW, they tied the game up deservedly and put Casselman on their back legs.

9:59-0:00 of the 2nd - All Casselman, they kicked into desperation mode and out-skated the Golden Knights, re-taking the lead.

20:00-10:00 of the 3rd - OW came out flying, tied it early, and if it wasn't solely for Gianmarco De Meis making 4-5 quality stops, would've taken a lead (maybe for good).

9:59-0:00 of the 3rd - Casselman yet again ratcheted it up. The coaching staff got them going, read them the riot act I guess, and they deservedly won the game late.

Our three stars last night were:
1) G. De Meis (Caseelman, was utterly fantastic throughout the night in net)
2) E. Plumadore (OW, kept his team in it late with key stops)
3) T. Gibeault (Casselman, all over the ice)

OnlytheCH

HockeyTimes
Jun 16, 2013
Canada
If Rodier is actually out with a broken hand then that is a tough way to end your hockey career... If West wins the series I hope it's just a minor fracture and he can get to the Easter Canada Championships. You never want to be forced out, you want to be able to play that last game. Hope for a speedy recovery.

LETSPLAY

Sep 8, 2013
"If" he had an injured hand then he shouldn't have been taking an important draw in his own end with 2 minutes to go. He lost the draw clean and the Vikings scored soon after. Maybe be the injury happened after?…..from a coaching decision perspective I hope so. If Sundin can find a way to help Gottzman then OW will be fine. He needs line mates that can keep up to his pace and compliment his style of play.

bigdog16

Nov 7, 2013
USA

Watch what u say! Young mr. widenmaier must have read your comment and comes back to score the game winner last game, big players step up when called upon and the mvp of the league didnt disapoint. i havent personally seen rodier do much at all besides a few phantoms. go vikings

90 blues

Mar 31, 2014
I hope he did read my post. He has to step up in game 7 also. Vikings 3 KINGHTS 1 GO Viking GO . as for Rodier I seen him play about 10 times and he is not moving or playing his game. ?? Good for us, hope it stays that way for one more game. :handclap:

hockeylover116

Feb 10, 2014
Sundin is just getting outcoached.
credit is due to Mr. Ruest. A great coach who knows how to rally his troops for a big game.
Should be a great one tonight. GO VIKINGS GO

LETSPLAY

Sep 8, 2013
Last night's game saw some fantastic goaltending. In particular the Vikings tender kept the game close with a number of huge saves when it was 1-0 for OW and they could have built a good lead. Then the Vikings scored 3 goals on amazing shots, then some players on OW lost their minds. Game 7 - winner take all.

play hard

Apr 13, 2014
"If" he had an injured hand then he shouldn't have been taking an important draw in his own end with 2 minutes to go. He lost the draw clean and the Vikings scored soon after. Maybe be the injury happened after?…..from a coaching decision perspective I hope so. If Sundin can find a way to help Gottzman then OW will be fine. He needs line mates that can keep up to his pace and compliment his style of play.

Rather than saying Gotzman needs line mates that can keep up to his pace and compliment his style of play you should have been more clear and said "My son Cody Kyle".

LETSPLAY

Sep 8, 2013
Rather than saying Gotzman needs line mates that can keep up to his pace and compliment his style of play you should have been more clear and said "My son Cody Kyle".

Nice try..but sorry. I like Darnowski since he plays a physical game yet is stuck on the 4th line. The biggest issue however is the OW PP which is 1-16 in the last 5 games.

hockeyislife82

Nov 25, 2013
Battle has been going on all season here as to who is the better team. Looks like we find out tonight! Should be a great game.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad