EOJHL 2013-2014 Season Part II

hockeylover116

Feb 10, 2014
lets hope for some overtime!! nothing like scoring an overtime winner!!
No sport has the championship celly like HOCKEY!!!\

JRhockeyguy

Apr 4, 2014
WOW. What a finish. Congrats to the OWGK on an amazing series and year, and a huge congrats to the Vikings. Would have expected the series to end in any other way! Goodluck to the Casselman Vikings in the Eastern Canadian Championships! Show then who the EOJHL is!

Cheers

connor macdavid

Press Box Rat
Dec 24, 2008
Ottawa
My voice...is dead.

What a fantastic way to end an exciting season.

Thanks to all of the players, coaches, parents, listeners, etc who've made these past two years so much fun broadcasting.

Congrats to the Casselman Vikings on a deserved 4-3 comeback series victory...they were down to their last 13 seconds :naughty:

Last edited:

HawksFanForever

Feb 20, 2013
Nova Scotia
Gratz to Both Ottawa and Casselman

What a series with the two best teams in the EOJHL and expect to see allot of these two teams in the Finals.Play well Casselman in the Final Four and I just maybe there to watch you.

Bockwinkel

Jan 12, 2013
Indeed what a fantastic game at BAS last night. Unbelievable final minute where West goes up with 37 secs to go only to have VIkings tie it with 14 secs left. Noticed people leaving after West went ahead only to rush back when hearing the roar when Casselman tied it.

Demeis and Plumadore were solid throughout and both teams played their hearts out.

The atmosphere in the rink was electric and I am glad I made the trek to the West end for that one. Although I was a little disappointed to see that the bar wasn't open last night :(

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Crazy game, evenly played. One team got the extra bounce and that was the difference. Casselman really battled back credit has to be given where credit is due. Its a shame the Casselman fans had to vandalize the OWGK bar after game 5. Having a pint last night at that beauty of a game would have been fantastic. Stripes decided to put his whistle away after awarding a pp to Casselman with 6 minutes left in regulation on a play that did not prevent a pass, scoring play, or even a turnover. However in o.t a hook on a semi 2-0 wasn't called. Is that the best most consistent reffing this city can offer? I swear Ottawa is consistently terrible in the quality of officiating.

Congrats to both teams, those games brought me back.

JRhockeyguy

Apr 4, 2014
Crazy game, evenly played. One team got the extra bounce and that was the difference. Casselman really battled back credit has to be given where credit is due. Its a shame the Casselman fans had to vandalize the OWGK bar after game 5. Having a pint last night at that beauty of a game would have been fantastic. Stripes decided to put his whistle away after awarding a pp to Casselman with 6 minutes left in regulation on a play that did not prevent a pass, scoring play, or even a turnover. However in o.t a hook on a semi 2-0 wasn't called. Is that the best most consistent reffing this city can offer? I swear Ottawa is consistently terrible in the quality of officiating.

Congrats to both teams, those games brought me back.

Yes he missed a few calls in OT but common.. Do you really wanna see a game like that end on a power play?

He put his whistle away for good reason! Made for ether and longer overtime! I thought he was great last night.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Yes he missed a few calls in OT but common.. Do you really wanna see a game like that end on a power play?

He put his whistle away for good reason! Made for ether and longer overtime! I thought he was great last night.

6 minutes left in the tie game is pretty much the same thing as overtime.

Anyways even series, really entertaining. Hopefully Casselman wins out east.

Hockeyobserverjrb

Jan 10, 2014
Did the Casselman bus get lost on the way home? Or did the Casselman fans forget to come on and say hello.:laugh::handclap:

2/3 of the fans last night were from the country! They probably said "bonjour" :laugh:

I'm told that the buses (there were actually two) made it safe and sound to Casselman last night.

hockeylover116

Feb 10, 2014
obviously 6 minutes is not like overtime at all. 2 goals scored in the last 40 seconds...
The reffing was good all night, one of the best in the Junior business around here. Game was called evenly throughout the night, missed calls both ways.
Glad to see the championship back in the Rideau/St .L side. Since of course, its the weaker division.

Hockeyobserverjrb

Jan 10, 2014
Connor McDavid

I had the opportunity to listen to your last broadcast on the web and I just want to congratulate you and your colleague on a job well done. Bob Cole move aside, this young man is the rising star. You have shown great professionalism in your broadcast. Be proud of what you have accomplish and best of luck down the road. :handclap:

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
obviously 6 minutes is not like overtime at all. 2 goals scored in the last 40 seconds...
The reffing was good all night, one of the best in the Junior business around here. Game was called evenly throughout the night, missed calls both ways.
Glad to see the championship back in the Rideau/St .L side. Since of course, its the weaker division.

Because that happens all the time right.... 6 minutes left in a game 7 is pretty close to overtime.

No sense of bias in your tone at all. Its by far the weaker division has been for a long long time.

Last edited:

cchltier1fan

May 23, 2013
Because that happens all the time right.... 6 minutes left in a game 7 is pretty close to overtime.

No sense of bias in your tone at all. Its by far the weaker division has been for a long long time.

I would agree that the Metro is consistently the strongest division top to bottom, but interesting enough both the St Lawrence and Metro have 4 League Championships in the last 8 seasons.

hockeylover116

Feb 10, 2014
Six minutes is a pile of time actually, in either game 7, or game 1 of the regular season. If there is time on the clock there is still a chance of a comeback or a goal, as you and i both witnessed on the other night.
And yes, there is bias in my "voice", if you want to call typing on a computer a "voice" then so be it.
All you ever hear on this website (minus a few who know alot about both division) is how good the metro is, and how bad the valley, rideau and st. L are. Clearly in th last three years that is not the case. If OJC didnt have the team they did last year, they wouldnt have even made it to the finals, and Cassleman or Athens would have won the championship. Now if it was cass in the final last year, then by golly it would be three straight league championships for them. No one gives the teams any credit in the other divisions.
And i know alot more than you probally will about all the teams in the league. So i look forward to your response

RonBurgandy13

Apr 1, 2014
Six minutes is a pile of time actually, in either game 7, or game 1 of the regular season. If there is time on the clock there is still a chance of a comeback or a goal, as you and i both witnessed on the other night.
And yes, there is bias in my "voice", if you want to call typing on a computer a "voice" then so be it.
All you ever hear on this website (minus a few who know alot about both division) is how good the metro is, and how bad the valley, rideau and st. L are. Clearly in th last three years that is not the case. If OJC didnt have the team they did last year, they wouldnt have even made it to the finals, and Cassleman or Athens would have won the championship. Now if it was cass in the final last year, then by golly it would be three straight league championships for them. No one gives the teams any credit in the other divisions.
And i know alot more than you probally will about all the teams in the league. So i look forward to your response

Of course if OJC didnt have the team they did they wouldn't have made the finals, just like if Cassleman didnt have the team they did this year they wouldnt have won... And its pretty hypocritical that you say no one gives any of the other divisions credit when all youre doing is taking away credit of the good teams in the Metro

Rangersfan21

Sep 17, 2011

As a whole the R/STL is much much weaker. That is why Casselman walked their way to the finals and OTW had a much tougher road to get there.

Congrats to Casselman though. Clearly they deserved to win!

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site

Considering Casselmans record in its own conference and how they had to win in the finals you would think that the metro valley is better but that's just simple deductive reasoning. As a person who has coached and played in the league I feel like I have a decent handle on it.

Your broken sentences and the unsubstantiated comment about OJC that makes little to no sense leads me to believe that you are biased and uneducated on the matter. Its a small sample size but unless you provide any other evidence that's the only conclusion I can come to.

hockeylover116

Feb 10, 2014
If you haven't coached or played in the league within the last four years, I can 100% say that I have a better handle on things than you could imagine. The players in the Rideau/St.L are considered goons, don't have the skill, are uncoachable(from what other people have said). The metro/valley kids all get more credit and are put on a nice little pedistal, made out to be the best players around.
If you have coached in the league like you say, you would know that the rideau/st. L division are tough, the games are nastier, the players are bigger, stronger and faster. Lots of kids that play in those two divisions are home town kids, or from just down the road!
Now the metro division is a different story, alot of the kids( THAT I KNOW ON A FIRST HAND BASIS) are arrogant, stuck up, and from all over the country. The reason that the metro/valley are all reasonably good is because of one reason. IMPORTS. I know the players that were well paid to play. They wouldnt play in ottawa west or for OJC if they were not getting paid. Or for a prime example, a player for OJC last season was givin a car, with gas money and pre paid insurance just to get them to come play there. Now if you can come up with a reason or tell me how that is fair, then I would love to hear it. If you were a coach in the Metro, you should know all about this and be able to talk me under the table. I know who was getting paid, and how much.
Now if you look at the Rideau/St.L, yes there is still players getting paid, but there is so much more home town kids. But no one cares about them. Yes Cassleman did pay 2 players this season, but alot were from the home town. So if you can tell me how a team with home town kids beats a team with numerous paid players i will be impressed

Rangersfan21

Sep 17, 2011
If you haven't coached or played in the league within the last four years, I can 100% say that I have a better handle on things than you could imagine. The players in the Rideau/St.L are considered goons, don't have the skill, are uncoachable(from what other people have said). The metro/valley kids all get more credit and are put on a nice little pedistal, made out to be the best players around.
If you have coached in the league like you say, you would know that the rideau/st. L division are tough, the games are nastier, the players are bigger, stronger and faster. Lots of kids that play in those two divisions are home town kids, or from just down the road!
Now the metro division is a different story, alot of the kids( THAT I KNOW ON A FIRST HAND BASIS) are arrogant, stuck up, and from all over the country. The reason that the metro/valley are all reasonably good is because of one reason. IMPORTS. I know the players that were well paid to play. They wouldnt play in ottawa west or for OJC if they were not getting paid. Or for a prime example, a player for OJC last season was givin a car, with gas money and pre paid insurance just to get them to come play there. Now if you can come up with a reason or tell me how that is fair, then I would love to hear it. If you were a coach in the Metro, you should know all about this and be able to talk me under the table. I know who was getting paid, and how much.
Now if you look at the Rideau/St.L, yes there is still players getting paid, but there is so much more home town kids. But no one cares about them. Yes Cassleman did pay 2 players this season, but alot were from the home town. So if you can tell me how a team with home town kids beats a team with numerous paid players i will be impressed

Your posts are very difficult to read...almost painful. You just concluded yourself that the metro is a much better division and then tried to say their players get paid more. Still does not affect what you said...that the league is better.

Just so you know. Casselman spends more money then every other team in the EOJHL. Do I care? nope. Whoever has the best team...no matter how they got it...still has the best team

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Your posts are very difficult to read...almost painful. You just concluded yourself that the metro is a much better division and then tried to say their players get paid more. Still does not affect what you said...that the league is better.

Just so you know. Casselman spends more money then every other team in the EOJHL. Do I care? nope. Whoever has the best team...no matter how they got it...still has the best team

@ Rangersfan21 The sample size of the poster is larger but equally as consistent, thank you for saving me the time of dissecting the post.

I have coached in the last 4 years, I do know prior to the Sundin era no player on Ottawa West was paid. The ownership/management group from Casselman/Alexandria has been paying players more than any organization for years.

Like Rangersfan21 said that is neither here nor there whoever wins the championship deserves it. Some teams pay players to get over the top some use the organizations reputation and location to lure in imports.

hockeylover116 makes one substantial point teams like Ottawa West greatly benefited from imports due to location. Debatably there 3 best players are all from out of town and are attending Ottawa U. I think a big reason you saw less fans at the West games then other seasons when they went on long runs was the lack of local talent and new ownership/management. While the older teams that won championships had the odd import (usually only 1 or 2 per team) there core was always Ottawa west/Nepean born players. I hope the organization can get back to that some day, the trading of players like Parker, Couvrette and Madigan would never have happened in the Glen Richardson era.

2pp

Jan 7, 2013
Casselman at the Don Johnson Cup

For anyone interested in checking out the Vikings in Nova Scotia this week, go to http://live.streamit.ca/?player=92 and check out the action. Good luck to the Vikings down east as they represent the EOJHL.

valleydude

Mar 16, 2011
For anyone interested in checking out the Vikings in Nova Scotia this week, go to http://live.streamit.ca/?player=92 and check out the action. Good luck to the Vikings down east as they represent the EOJHL.

How can they have their championship series when most colleges and universities are in the middle of exams. This makes the league look like a joke on the education front which they claim to be big supporters of.

hawxfan

Sep 20, 2012
@ Rangersfan21 The sample size of the poster is larger but equally as consistent, thank you for saving me the time of dissecting the post.

I have coached in the last 4 years, I do know prior to the Sundin era no player on Ottawa West was paid. The ownership/management group from Casselman/Alexandria has been paying players more than any organization for years.

Like Rangersfan21 said that is neither here nor there whoever wins the championship deserves it. Some teams pay players to get over the top some use the organizations reputation and location to lure in imports.

hockeylover116 makes one substantial point teams like Ottawa West greatly benefited from imports due to location. Debatably there 3 best players are all from out of town and are attending Ottawa U. I think a big reason you saw less fans at the West games then other seasons when they went on long runs was the lack of local talent and new ownership/management. While the older teams that won championships had the odd import (usually only 1 or 2 per team) there core was always Ottawa west/Nepean born players. I hope the organization can get back to that some day, the trading of players like Parker, Couvrette and Madigan would never have happened in the Glen Richardson era.

I agree with your last sentence 100 %. The trading of Parker, Madigan and Couvrette would not have happened in the Glen Richardson era. Parker and Couvrette went on to become very good players at Arnprior and then OJC where they won the Championship last year. Madigan was one of the best players that Perth has had in the past ten years or so. Parker was a key player for OJC this season and

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad