EOJHL 2013-2014 Season Part II

RJHJ95

Sep 14, 2013
Ottawa West has a chance to end their series tonight vs Gatineau...I'm thinking if West pulls off the victory Gatineau is going to target some key west players in the final few minutes...kind of expected from that classless team.

KL14

Oct 25, 2011
Fault on Both Sides

As much as I think Gatineau should not be in the league. OW has the choice to keep their key players off the ice if things get out of hand...but c'mon...there is fault on both sides here. Any time a team keeps a player like Allard on the roster and plays him as much of OW does deserve everything they get. He is a known entity and his behavior is an embarrassment to the league, but the OW staff still put him on the ice.

It takes two to dance and OW is doing as much dancing as Gatineau...maybe your issue is that your team is getting beat up by Gatineau

Canadian91

May 8, 2009
Ottawa
Ottawa West has a chance to end their series tonight vs Gatineau...I'm thinking if West pulls off the victory Gatineau is going to target some key west players in the final few minutes...kind of expected from that classless team.

Heard that a Gatineau player was talking about "ending someone's career" if they are losing badly. So yes, you can expect shenanigans when the Mustangs inevitably lose the series.

gusfring

Jul 4, 2006
Allard is playing more because OW are missing 3 forwards and another is playing D.

RJHJ95

Sep 14, 2013
Not to mention he's been one of OTW's best players. He plays a role and he's been doing it extremely well all series.

I agree completely, Allard has been playing very well and has been sticking up for his teammates as needed.

connor macdavid

Press Box Rat
Dec 24, 2008
Ottawa
As much as I think Gatineau should not be in the league. OW has the choice to keep their key players off the ice if things get out of hand...but c'mon...there is fault on both sides here. Any time a team keeps a player like Allard on the roster and plays him as much of OW does deserve everything they get. He is a known entity and his behavior is an embarrassment to the league, but the OW staff still put him on the ice.

It takes two to dance and OW is doing as much dancing as Gatineau...maybe your issue is that your team is getting beat up by Gatineau

Where is that coming from? Both fights last night were pretty even, and last time I checked OW has outscored Gatineau 24-18 in five games.

If you're talking about their physicality and brutishness, then yeah, Gatineau has outdone Ottawa-Weat in that aspect of the game. But their lack of discipline is also the main reason why they were out of Games 3 & 5. Players like Bonneville, Leblanc, and Parker, who could play key roles for them, have been very limited because they're in the box or engaged in little rivalries as opposed to producing.

If I'm a West fan, I'd be perfectly happy to 'get beat up' as you say, because it will lead to a series win.

Predictions for tonight:

Gatineau 3-7 OW (Another ****show, West wins series 4-2)
OJC 2-0 Clarence (Clarence relies on Quesnel to keep it close, OJC wins series 4-1)
Renfrew 6-2 Shawville (Pontiacs steadily come back down to Earth)

RJHJ95

Sep 14, 2013
If I'm a West fan, I'd be perfectly happy to 'get beat up' as you say, because it will lead to a series win.

Predictions for tonight:

Gatineau 3-7 OW (Another ****show, West wins series 4-2)
OJC 2-0 Clarence (Clarence relies on Quesnel to keep it close, OJC wins series 4-1)
Renfrew 6-2 Shawville (Pontiacs steadily come back down to Earth)

I agree completely with the above statement and predictions...IF both OWGK and OJC win their series tonight I'm thinking game 1 of the Metro finals will be Thursday at BAS

KL14

Oct 25, 2011
Always amazes me,,,

Not to mention he's been one of OTW's best players. He plays a role and he's been doing it extremely well all series.

When a goon plays for your team, he is a "role player"....what a bunch of homers..

RJHJ95

Sep 14, 2013
When a goon plays for your team, he is a "role player"....what a bunch of homers..

That "Goon" only has 2 points less than the 2013-14 Metro Division MVP Dominik Robinson. Allard is great for depth scoring and can also throw down when needed.

hockeylifer

Jan 25, 2013

It is obvious you don't like Allard, but lets get this straight - there is a huge difference between a goon and an antagonizer! This kid can play hockey, he is definitely a role player and is playing a much needed role for OW right now. He gets under the opposition's skin to get them off their game, but he doesn't go out to purposely spear, cross check, butt end players. Gatineau would get so much further if their goons were more like Allard! If they could "play hockey" and stay calm, they wouldn't take as many penalties. Its really sad that their coach is leading them in this manner. Most of these players are talented and deserve a better role model. Lets hope no one gets seriously injured tonight, in the end it is just hockey.

KL14

Oct 25, 2011
I watched Allard for three seasons when he was in the Valley...bouncing from team to team because he was a cancer in the room. Good player but always causes more problems than he is worth. His true colours will come out sooner rather than later.

And the difference between a goon and an antagonizer ? Same guy but one plays for the other team and one plays for your team.

What is your opinion of Leclair for Renfrew ? Everyone thinks he is goon....except the fans for Renfrew...

Last edited:

OnlytheCH

HockeyTimes
Jun 16, 2013
Canada
I watched Allard for three seasons when he was in the Valley...bouncing from team to team because he was a cancer in the room. Good player but always causes more problems than he is worth. His true colours will come out sooner rather than later.

And the difference between a goon and an antagonizer ? Same guy but one plays for the other team and one plays for your team.

What is your opinion of Leclair for Renfrew ? Everyone thinks he is goon....except the fans for Renfrew...

Not a Renfrew fan but I have never looked at Leclaire as a goon. He's a big kid who any team in this league would welcome to their lineup because he is a force in front of the net on the power play.

Jeff077

Aug 2, 2005
Perth, Ontario

When he first came into the league he had one role and that was not scoring goals, he was certainly cast more in a goon role, however to his credit he has turned himself into a pretty effective player at this level.
Not a great skater but uses his size to his advantage. I never would have thought he would have developed into a player a team would use an OA card on but he did and good on him for doing it.

connor macdavid

Press Box Rat
Dec 24, 2008
Ottawa
Game 7 between Ottawa West and Gatineau tonight, any predictions?

OW has looked good in games two, three, and five. And they have done a solid job shutting down the Mustangs at home.

I guess the real question is which Gatineau team will show up tonight- the quick-in-transition, high-scoring Mustangs, or the Mustangs that take undisciplined penalties and chase around their D zone...

I'll say OW 5-2, with some shoddy goaltending on both sides and Rodier picking up two goals.

UltimatePuckFan

Feb 14, 2014
Nepeans Hawks

What's up with the Neapean Hawks? How many teams does Peter Goulet need to coach to find success? What's next Major AAA novice this spring?

connor macdavid

Press Box Rat
Dec 24, 2008
Ottawa
OW has looked good in games two, three, and five. And they have done a solid job shutting down the Mustangs at home.

I guess the real question is which Gatineau team will show up tonight- the quick-in-transition, high-scoring Mustangs, or the Mustangs that take undisciplined penalties and chase around their D zone...

I'll say OW 5-2, with some shoddy goaltending on both sides and Rodier picking up two goals.

Called it perfectly, 5-2 OW wins and Rodier had 2g/1a!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->