EOJHL 2013-2014 Season Part II

hawxfan

Sep 20, 2012
@ Rangersfan21 The sample size of the poster is larger but equally as consistent, thank you for saving me the time of dissecting the post.

I have coached in the last 4 years, I do know prior to the Sundin era no player on Ottawa West was paid. The ownership/management group from Casselman/Alexandria has been paying players more than any organization for years.

Like Rangersfan21 said that is neither here nor there whoever wins the championship deserves it. Some teams pay players to get over the top some use the organizations reputation and location to lure in imports.

hockeylover116 makes one substantial point teams like Ottawa West greatly benefited from imports due to location. Debatably there 3 best players are all from out of town and are attending Ottawa U. I think a big reason you saw less fans at the West games then other seasons when they went on long runs was the lack of local talent and new ownership/management. While the older teams that won championships had the odd import (usually only 1 or 2 per team) there core was always Ottawa west/Nepean born players. I hope the organization can get back to that some day, the trading of players like Parker, Couvrette and Madigan would never have happened in the Glen Richardson era.

I agree with your last sentence 100 %. The trading of Parker, Madigan and Couvrette would not have happened in the Glen Richardson era. Parker and Couvrette went on to become very good players at Arnprior and then OJC where they won the Championship last year. Madigan was one of the best players that Perth has had in the past ten years or so. Parker was a key player for OJC this season and Couvrette was goalie of the year two years in a row in the EOJHL, went on to play in the CJ for Kemptville this past season and has recently committed to RMC at Kingston to play CIS hockey for four years. And these three players were'nt good enough for West.....

Lazarrr

Apr 10, 2010
Ottawa
I agree with your last sentence 100 %. The trading of Parker, Madigan and Couvrette would not have happened in the Glen Richardson era. Parker and Couvrette went on to become very good players at Arnprior and then OJC where they won the Championship last year. Madigan was one of the best players that Perth has had in the past ten years or so. Parker was a key player for OJC this season and Couvrette was goalie of the year two years in a row in the EOJHL, went on to play in the CJ for Kemptville this past season and has recently committed to RMC at Kingston to play CIS hockey for four years. And these three players were'nt good enough for West.....

The three mentioned are obviously good hockey players, but they were no where near that good at 17/18 years old.

Anyways, Casselman won their first game 6-1 against the New Brunswick team. I honestly don't see them losing a game in this tournament. Hough wasn't playing either.

BadgerKnight

Sep 4, 2008
Who’s who at Eastern Canadians

News article posted by Grant McDaniel on April 22, 2014 in the Port Hawkesbury Reporter.

http://www.porthawkesburyreporter.com/2014/04/22/who’s-who-at-eastern-canadians/

In the Tigerpaws hockey forum, there is a thread on the Eastern Canadian Jr B Championship
http://www.network54.com/Forum/2435...last-1398010787/Eastern+Junior+B+Championship

Within this thread, there is very nice posting in which the poster related a story from Don Johnson when he awarded the trophy on the first occasion.

Jeff077

Aug 2, 2005
Perth, Ontario
Congrats to the Casselman Vikings on the Don Johnson Cup!

They represented the EOJHL extremely well in this first time venture for the league and it speaks to the quality of the EOJHL, as there was really nothing that separated them and league finalist Ottawa West.

eddyshack

Apr 30, 2011
Eastern Ontario
Congrats to the Casselman Vikings on the Don Johnson Cup!

They represented the EOJHL extremely well in this first time venture for the league and it speaks to the quality of the EOJHL, as there was really nothing that separated them and league finalist Ottawa West.

What ?

The Vikings won and Ottawa West lost. That is a very big difference.

hockey91

Nov 3, 2013
What ?

He is saying that the teams in the EOJHL are all competitive teams and could represent the EO well on any stage for Jr.B hockey. And the final went 7 games and overtime so I guess you could say that 1 goal separated the two teams.

Jeff077

Aug 2, 2005
Perth, Ontario
What ?

Portray it however you want but in a 7 game series where both teams scored 18 goals and the championship was decided in 2ot of game 7, I would say that there was little difference between the 2 teams, other than the final outcome.

HawksFanForever

Feb 20, 2013
Nova Scotia
agree

I am from Nova Scotia and the only team that gave Casselman a go was Sackville Blazers.I watched many of the game online and it was so sad to not see many fans there if any.It will do so well next year when it is held in The EOJHL area.Great job Casselman and your coaching staff and all the support you guys get.

90 blues

Mar 31, 2014
I just heard The Royals New coach will be the owners son. A 23year old who never coached before. :help::shakehead. can I say last place.

valleydude

Mar 16, 2011
I just heard The Royals New coach will be the owners son. A 23year old who never coached before. :help::shakehead. can I say last place.

If that was true, would he really be much less qualified than the current coach when he first started ? That coach had been coaching Rep B for the Carleton Place so really, this is not a big stretch.

cchltier1fan

May 23, 2013
If that was true, would he really be much less qualified than the current coach when he first started ? That coach had been coaching Rep B for the Carleton Place so really, this is not a big stretch.

That rumor has been around for at least 12 months. I seen both the owner and current coach a couple of weeks ago and HF was still the coach as of then.

W92JMN

Jun 3, 2014
The word in casselman is that Widenmaier is apparently on the move to either Ottawa south or west to play closer to home for his over ager year. Look for a blockbuster trade coming this off season folks

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad