GWT: English Premier League: 9/10 - 9/12/2016

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Let's all laugh at Guardiola :biglaugh:
He realizes he doesn't want Hart in the last days of the mercato and signs someone who will do everything to cost his team some points :laugh:

I'm sure he woke up days before the deadline and realize oh maybe I should get a keeper. Also, yes we should laugh at Pep and judge a signing after ONE game. Come on Evilo you're not even trying these days.:laugh:

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
Let's all laugh at Guardiola :biglaugh:
He realizes he doesn't want Hart in the last days of the mercato and signs someone who will do everything to cost his team some points :laugh:

Yeah, let's all laugh at Guardiola who just won his first derby with City against Super Zlatan.

That's why it was in the press for how long that City were interested in Bravo or ter Stegen, because while Guardiola didn't know it until the last days of the mercato everyone else did.

Did someone hack your account today or what?

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
Finally caught the Manchester game on delay.

Holy smokes is de Bruyne good. Best player on the pitch by a mile today. Overall was a pretty solid game after about the 40th minute. Before then it looked like United was on the training pitch. Zero effort, zero intensity, and poor communication, City was just picking them apart like they were playing a reserve squad.

Also I bet City is thrilled they got rid of Hart. I've always said he's overrated, but that's only when he's being called an elite keeper in the world. He's still a lot better than what City had in goal today.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
Everyone knew Bravo would drop a cross or two early on in England with all the aerial play.

Or did everyone? They should have and it's not a big deal. How many did de Gea drop?

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
Yea, was just gonna say not a fan of this angle. Feels too high and removed from play.

Also in regards to de Gea, are you talking early in his EPL career or today? Either way the issue with Bravo wasn't just the drop, he had 3 other big mistakes today that easily could have resulted in goals.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Everyone knew Bravo would drop a cross or two early on in England with all the aerial play.

Or did everyone? They should have and it's not a big deal. How many did de Gea drop?

Well they should've... Another thing this is his first game and probably very little english, better communication will develop later on.

Also that 2nd City goal probably won't happen with Hart in net.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
I'm sure he woke up days before the deadline and realize oh maybe I should get a keeper. Also, yes we should laugh at Pep and judge a signing after ONE game. Come on Evilo you're not even trying these days.:laugh:

Wel he did tell Hart he didn't want him extremely late in the mercato.

And yes, he sure didn't win thanks to Bravo in this game. Almost lost points because of him however.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Should his "oops I lost the ball, let's tackle Rooney studs up" also be considered a communication problem?

Just wondering.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Wel he did tell Hart he didn't want him extremely late in the mercato.

And yes, he sure didn't win thanks to Bravo in this game. Almost lost points because of him however.

He told Hart he didn't want him on the squad...doesn't mean he wasn't looking for a replacement and a way to get his man. He clearly was.

You completely sure about that? Go replay the build up play for the 2nd goal. BTW With the amount of chances United had he didn't need to win thanks to Bravo and will rarely ever need to.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Weak penatly, but honestly lads, seriously? Arsenal were the better team and should have won this game.

I don't hate Oezil, but his allergy to any sort of physicality really, really brings his talent and efficiency down. Cazorla is three inches shorter and is way more useful because he doesn't shy away from it.

Mustafi was very mobile, we haven't really had a defender with the pace like he does besides Kos. He was like a mini-Hummels out there. Needs to work on decision making, but that should come with experience and time. I mean, this is the first actual game that the two new players played together. Perez wasn't that bad either IMO, Wenger left him alone on that island, but didn't look bad, you can see what Arsene saw in him.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
What did Bravo do on either goal?

He played the ball out of pressure instead of doing what most goalies would'v done and just kick the ball out.

Should his "oops I lost the ball, let's tackle Rooney studs up" also be considered a communication problem?

Just wondering.

I was clearly talking about the goal against, his other extra curricular activities is out of character for him and one of the reasons why I get annoyed by MAtS.

I'm amazed you can be this irrational Evilo. So, unlike you.

Btw that wasn't a penalty. Clean tackle.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
He told Hart he didn't want him on the squad...doesn't mean he wasn't looking for a replacement and a way to get his man. He clearly was.

You completely sure about that? Go replay the build up play for the 2nd goal. BTW With the amount of chances United had he didn't need to win thanks to Bravo and will rarely ever need to.

Not sure if you even watched the game... :dunno:
Bravo almost gifted goalsn and penalties to United. They didn't need to create anything thanks to him :laugh:

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
Anyone who has watched Barça with any sort of regularity knows that Bravo has been very consistent and very good during that time.

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
Bravo was pure garbage today. No other ways around it unless you're an apologist IMO.

I expect him to improve.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
He played the ball out of pressure instead of doing what most goalies would'v done and just kick the ball out.

I was clearly talking about the goal against, his other extra curricular activities is out of character for him and one of the reasons why I get annoyed by MAtS.

I'm amazed you can be this irrational Evilo. So, unlike you.

Btw that wasn't a penalty. Clean tackle.

Can't believe the Barca glasses here... :shakehead
I have no horse in this race, and if anything I hate Mourinho more than anyone here.
But Bravo was absolutely desastrous today and it rarely had anything to do with communication but rather decision making.
Maybe the guy was nervous for his first game, maybe it's over confidence instead I don't know.
But it was awful to watch.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Not sure if you even watched the game... :dunno:
Bravo almost gifted goalsn and penalties to United. They didn't need to create anything thanks to him :laugh:

But they did. You don't want to see that because it doesn't satisfy your narrative.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Firmino has been awesome so far today. When he's on he's easily our best player IMO.

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY

On both he did the same thing. Played the goal back to the side to his defender that was well clear of anyone and he wasn't under much pressure.

On the first goal it was a great outlet pass by the defender and on the second it was a good spell of passes that led to the goal. In neither case did Bravo make a play that would be considered anything more than normal in that situation.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad