GWT: English Premier League: 9/10 - 9/12/2016

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
-De Bruyne best player on the park in the derby. Still amazing that Mourinho dumped him out of Chelsea.

-For United Pogba and Ibra were poor and Mkhitaryan was invisible.

-Can't believe that Herrera doesn't start over Fellaini.

-To put Bravo's performance, which wasn't good as he looked shaky at times, into perspective, Stones was obstructing him on the United goal, City didn't offer the outlets for him that he had at Barça and both goals came after he played the ball with his feet at the back.

I thought he was very visible. As in, not in a good way.

maclean

Jan 4, 2014
Though I have to credit City for being very good defensively. They were very active and successful in winning back the ball

Luigi Habs

Captain Saku
Jul 30, 2005
Montreal
From the games I've watched so far, I think it's going to be a battle between Chelsea and Man City.

Pep's impact on City is already being felt, been very impressed by their play collectively. Many of their players have been impressive, Silva, De Bruyne, Stones, Fernandinho and of course Aguero. Conte has also done a very good job so far with Chelsea and I expect them to be contenders.

As for Man U, they may end up top 4, but I don't think they'll challenge the top 2. Their players are not a fit for the system they're playing. Pogba is not going to succeed in a deep role, he's best used in a 4-3-3, I said it earlier and it's looking more and more true. Mkhi also is not a natural winger and will be a failed signature, he's best used in Rooney's role. Same with Mata. And on the left side they have 3 young and still inconsistent players.

Liverpool have the potential to mix things up if they can fix their defensive play and show more consistency. Been very impressed by them offensively, and they'll surely do some damage if Sturridge finally stays healthy.

Arsenal is Arsenal, no expectation for them. They'll be right there once again but not good enough to challenge for the title. As for Tottenham and Leicester I think they'll both struggle and fail to finish top 4. I think Leicester will finish mid table.

East Coast Bias

Feb 28, 2014
NYC
From the games I've watched so far, I think it's going to be a battle between Chelsea and Man City.

Pep's impact on City is already being felt, been very impressed by their play collectively. Many of their players have been impressive, Silva, De Bruyne, Stones, Fernandinho and of course Aguero. Conte has also done a very good job so far with Chelsea and I expect them to be contenders.

As for Man U, they may end up top 4, but I don't think they'll challenge the top 2. Their players are not a fit for the system they're playing. Pogba is not going to succeed in a deep role, he's best used in a 4-3-3, I said it earlier and it's looking more and more true. Mkhi also is not a natural winger and will be a failed signature, he's best used in Rooney's role. Same with Mata. And on the left side they have 3 young and still inconsistent players.

Liverpool have the potential to mix things up if they can fix their defensive play and show more consistency. Been very impressed by them offensively, and they'll surely do some damage if Sturridge finally stays healthy.

Arsenal is Arsenal, no expectation for them. They'll be right there once again but not good enough to challenge for the title. As for Tottenham and Leicester I think they'll both struggle and fail to finish top 4. I think Leicester will finish mid table.

For me, United's season will depend on how quickly Jose pulls the plug on Rooney. He doesn't have a place in the best 11, regardless of formation. There are massively better options sitting for him now. I don't think Jose doesn't see this - but it's very political. Hopefully he just rips the band aid off.

I agree as well re Pogba and the 4-3-3. He's being wasted now playing a half holding mid.

maclean

Jan 4, 2014
For me, United's season will depend on how quickly Jose pulls the plug on Rooney. He doesn't have a place in the best 11, regardless of formation. There are massively better options sitting for him now. I don't think Jose doesn't see this - but it's very political. Hopefully he just rips the band aid off.

Europa will give him a chance to try out omitting Rooney and if it's successful his role can be slowly phased

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad