GWT: English Premier League: 9/10 - 9/12/2016

njdevsfn95

Help JJJ, Sprite.
Jul 30, 2006
White mentioned that in Britain, it's the same with American Football. Brits prefer to hear an American do the game versus someone from the UK.

Did he explain why? One of the biggest reasons I like listening to Brits is they know how to call goals and since there are often very few in a match, they need to be called properly. They just do it so much better than Americans and I think that has to do with a) hearing superior commentators when they grew up and b) having a better understanding of the game.

As it becomes bigger here, I think the US will develop better commentators, though. I imagine the same would go for the NFL in Britain.

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
Did he explain why? One of the biggest reasons I like listening to Brits is they know how to call goals and since there are often very few in a match, they need to be called properly. They just do it so much better than Americans and I think that has to do with a) hearing superior commentators when they grew up and b) having a better understanding of the game.

Can't remember if he did or not, heard the podcast 2 weeks ago on a drive from Columbus to Chicago.

Great win for Man City. Going to be really, really hard for anyone to top them this year, IMO

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
Son starting for Spurs over Sissoko and Lamela today.

Lamela just played for his country Wednesday, so that makes some sense. But over Sissoko....interesting.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad