GWT: English Premier League: 9/10 - 9/12/2016

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
Lucas obviously messed up but I thought other than that he and everyone else had a great game. Mane looks amazing.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Terrific game minus the Lucas incident. On to the next one.

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
I'm not talking about that challenge just in general in the premier league.

I'm a goalie and I think we're overprotected. 50/50 challenges should be the same whether it's two field players or a field player and a keeper

Last edited:

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
He certainly wasn't good and made some amateurish mistakes but your basing a signing on a SNGLE game.

Did I say Bravo sucked for like the whole time?
I loled at Guardiola for making that last minute "panic" signing and the goalie playing AWFUL.
That's all. Never said he would be the worst signing of all time FGS!

Jesus, get off your high horse !

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
:help: I didn't even comment on his performance. I commented on your post about Bravo and Guardiola after one match. You have a clear history of it here too. You're on Guardiola at every opportunity and this instance was ridiculous. You do the same thing with Benzema as well just in the opposite way. Forget that you haven't even given Bravo, who has had a very good career and who was excellent for Barça, one match. The fact that you posted a laughable narrative of Guardiola's decision to replace Hart with Bravo is bad enough. But hey, feel free to have at it go down that road.

:facepalm:
I DIDN'T GIVE BRAVO ONE GAME.
Also made it clear in various threads I was rating Guardiola WAYYYYYYYY above Mourinho, so your "narrative" is sinking fast.
Can't see what Benzema has to do with this thread, but... mental lapse I'll call it.
I've said for years Hart sucked so once again I didn't criticize this replacement ONCE since it happenned.
No idea why it took so long for Guardiola to realize Hart sucked however, that's for sure.
And I DID laugh (OMG !!!! Call the Barca police NOW!!!) at Guardiola because his ONE big personnel decision actually blew at his face in the first game.
Of course Bravo is better than Hart and eventually will bring more points to his team. Never disputed that.
I laughed at the irony of that first instance, period.

Some people really need to get their Barca shorts relaxed a little bit. Way too tight down there.

Chimaera

same ol' Caps
Feb 4, 2004
La Plata, Maryland
Leicester lost the one guy they couldn't afford to lose.

To be fair, they couldn't afford to lose him, Vardy or Mahrez.

They're also not surprising anyone this year.

Throw in the fact that they're playing a ton more matches and it's tough. Liverpool played them tough last year, beating them 1-0 and losing 2-0.

Liverpool are going to score a ton of goals against some sides. They probably stand to be a bit disappointed with just 4 today. Their defense is poor, but they're going to put up some points if they can stay fit.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
From what I saw of the match, great intensity and work rate from Liverpool. Very impressive.

As for Lucas, go look at the flip side of his performance and his role. Look at what he very likely said to Sturridge about coming deeper to get the ball after one of those goals.

I DIDN'T GIVE BRAVO ONE GAME.

Yeah, that's what I said. No need to shout.

Also made it clear in various threads I was rating Guardiola WAYYYYYYYY above Mourinho, so your "narrative" is sinking fast.

Which doesn't address what I posted at all.

Can't see what Benzema has to do with this thread, but... mental lapse I'll call it.

Clearly as you seem unaware of your own posts. Just like you like to jump on Guardiola, you're big on trumpeting Benzema's good performances but never seem to bother when he disappears for stretches.

I've said for years Hart sucked so once again I didn't criticize this replacement ONCE since it happenned.

You just criticized his replacement though. You said Bravo "will do everything to cost his team points." On top of that you very clearly criticized Guardiola for replacing Hart with Bravo.

No idea why it took so long for Guardiola to realize Hart sucked however, that's for sure.

Clearly, even though I've already somewhat pointed you in the right direction. Quite frankly I'd say it's obvious that Guardiola realized Hart "sucked" from the start. To suggest he realized "he doesn't want Hart in the last days of the mercato" is pretty clueless. City were linked with ter Stegen even before Guardiola's appointment was official and they've been linked with either ter Stegen or Bravo (along with other GKs if I recall correctly) pretty much all Summer long. As for the timing of the Bravo transfer, it wasn't just down to City's end. Lucho didn't want Bravo sold and before they were going to let him go the club wanted to ensure they had a replacement in place. At the end of the day I'd say it's really clear that not only did Guardiola realize that Hart "sucked", but that there was only so much that City could do when it came to replacing him.

And I DID laugh (OMG !!!! Call the Barca police NOW!!!) at Guardiola because his ONE big personnel decision actually blew at his face in the first game.

Hypocritical coming from you. Anyway, no policing at all. It was a dumb post, but to each their own. If you want to go down that road more power to you. Maybe you can comment every time an Algerian player has a good match as well.

Of course Bravo is better than Hart and eventually will bring more points to his team. Never disputed that.

I never said you disputed that. My post doesn't even suggest that.

I laughed at the irony of that first instance, period.

That's the thing though. Your post says more than that. It very clearly wasn't just about the irony.

Some people really need to get their Barca shorts relaxed a little bit. Way too tight down there.

Look at your reactions and look at ours. In fact there are supporters of other clubs who essentially replied as well. And again, hypocritical coming from you because if this had been a French player/manager you would have reacted too. The only difference is you would have made a much bigger deal about it.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
After this game, Rashford has to start right? I would give Mkh another chance too. Blind was really exposed today. Fellaini can't keep playing. Something like:
Zlatan
Rashford-Rooney-Mkh
Pogba-Schneiderlin/Herrera
Shaw-Smalling-Bailly-Valencia
De Gea

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Frankly I don't even know what to say :laugh:
You make a HUGE deal out of a small joke, just because it touched a former Barca player and a former Barca coach.
Laughable it is :biglaugh:

Ajacied

Stay strong Appie! ❤
Apr 6, 2002
Netherlands
Blind has been one of United's top players this season. I thought he looked fine yesterday, though partially to blame for the goals. That was a hard ball to read on the first goal, not to mention just great skill of de Bruyne. Halted offside on the second goal. He could've reacted a bit faster there, sure.

He deserves to start over Smalling. He and Bailly (who also looked a bit shaky) have been an amazing duo so far.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
Frankly I don't even know what to say :laugh:
You make a HUGE deal out of a small joke, just because it touched a former Barca player and a former Barca coach.
Laughable it is :biglaugh:

I didn't make a big deal out of it at all. Like I said, look at your own posts compared to mine.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
Blind has been one of United's top players this season. I thought he looked fine yesterday, though partially to blame for the goals. That was a hard ball to read on the first goal, not to mention just great skill of de Bruyne. Halted offside on the second goal. He could've reacted a bit faster there, sure.

He deserves to start over Smalling. He and Bailly (who also looked a bit shaky) have been an amazing duo so far.
I really disagree. Yeah Blind has looked fine but look at the teams we played. In the first real game we had Blind looked bad. Bailey can only do so much. He needs someone back there that can actually defend well. Smalling is one of the best in the PL.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad