GWT: English Premier League: 4/22 - 4/27/2017

Paulie Gualtieri

R.I.P. Tony Sirico
May 18, 2016
Title race is over. Tottenham have 4 games away, including leicester.

2 home games against united and arsenal

We're not a threat unless Chelsea manage an enormous choke job.

Eh...I'd say along with 08/09 those at the nicest home kits they've since the induction of the PL. 08/09 are still my favourites...god what I would give to have an authentic 08/09 home Torres kit.

Everton-v-Liverpool-Fernando-Torres-pa_1232361.jpg

Those 08-09 kits are top notch.

But what I liked about their home kits this year was the collar (I know, I'm probably in the minority here).

Corto

Faceless Man
Sep 28, 2005
Braavos
Title race is over. Tottenham have 4 games away, including leicester.

2 home games against united and arsenal

I think if Spurs don't buckle under pressure, they roll ManU and Arsenal, almost comfortably.

Problem is, Chelsea played a pretty pedestrian first half vs Soton, definitely the second best side - and they ended up winning the game 4-1.
They've got the championship mentality going, I'm really not sure they'll drop those 4 points anywhere.

And even then, Spurs would have to win out.

On the bright side, I'd like to toot my own horn from the prediction threads:

http://hfboards.mandatory.com/showthread.php?t=2114285&highlight=
http://hfboards.mandatory.com/showthread.php?p=121248631&highlight=#post121248631

Corto said:
But a Conte-coached Chelsea, with no Euro competitions to distract them, would be my choice at the moment - unless some other major transfers happen.

EPL:
Chelsea
Arsenal
City
ManU
Liverpool
Tottenham
Leicester
West Ham

Tottenham so low because I expect they could struggle with CL AND BPL.
Chelsea and Liverpool might benefit from no Euro competitions.

Sort of missed on Arsenal and Leicester. And West Ham lol...
Underestimated Spurs and Liverpool.

Last edited:

Burner Account

Feb 14, 2008
We're not a threat unless Chelsea manage an enormous choke job.

Those 08-09 kits are top notch.

But what I liked about their home kits this year was the collar (I know, I'm probably in the minority here).

I think the henley-style collar looks nice on the kits this year.

gphr513

Watch the world burn
Jan 14, 2014
Minneapolis, MN
Crystal Palace/Tottenham has had a fun start. Palace has looked great recently.
Hoping for 3 points for Spurs today to really keep a stranglehold on 2nd. I think winning the league is out of the question at this point, but finishing 2nd would be a nice stepping stone into next season.

gphr513

Watch the world burn
Jan 14, 2014
Minneapolis, MN
A friend of mine told me when Spurs signed Wanyama to "enjoy all the red cards", but I've been pleasantly surprised with his temperament this year, don't think he has a red all season. He picks up yellows just because that's his style, but it's been nice having his solid play in the midfield this year.

Of couse, he's on a yellow right now, so he'll probably get one now that I said that :laugh:

Adonis Creed

King of the East
Apr 13, 2015
To be fair Townsend embellished. And Wanyama basically can't foul again.

Yeah. Just found the phrase funny:)

I wish we had the Big Kenyan with Arsenal...would be a perfect fit for us. I loved him against Barca and when hje played on Southampton

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
Glad Arsenal got the victory. Need them to have something to play for when they play United.

edit: Sanchez is a complete embarrassment. Fakes getting hit in the face on a throw-in when it hits him in the ****ing back. One of the worst fakes I've ever seen in this sport.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad