GWT: English Premier League: 4/22 - 4/27/2017

East Coast Bias

Feb 28, 2014
NYC
That's correct as I misread the table. Fortunately they play Man City and one of them has to drop points. Or both. And United have extra games.

We've also still got atleast 2 fixtures for EL, and are missing a lot of players. Rashford and Martial are going to have to shoulder the offense for the stretch run here.

This weeks Manchester derby might be for top 4. I say might, bc it's been declared over like 10 times this year. I've personally said there goes top 4 for United about 5 times and yet here we are.

Burner Account

Feb 14, 2008
I guess on the bright side, Liverpool's only opponent with anything to play for is Boro. The gap already looks too big for them to close, and they still have City and Chelsea to play. Their fate could easily be decided before matchday 38.

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
We've also still got atleast 2 fixtures for EL, and are missing a lot of players. Rashford and Martial are going to have to shoulder the offense for the stretch run here.

This weeks Manchester derby might be for top 4. I say might, bc it's been declared over like 10 times this year. I've personally said there goes top 4 for United about 5 times and yet here we are.

Even if United win the derby, I'd still say Liverpool and City have the inside position for the top 4 given the fixtures left.

If United win on Thursday they'd be tied with Liverpool with a game in hand and 2 ahead of city. But we've still gotta travel to Arsenal and Spurs and the Arsenal and Spurs games sandwich the 2nd leg of the EL semi so there's possible squad rotation in one of those unless somehow we get a big result in the first leg of the semi.

Even a set of great results down the stretch (beating City, drawing Arsenal and Spurs) still requires Liverpool or City to drop a game down the stretch. With Liverpool we've had the points advantage, but with City unless the dropped points are a loss, it would be goal differential and we're basically even.

East Coast Bias

Feb 28, 2014
NYC
Even if United win the derby, I'd still say Liverpool and City have the inside position for the top 4 given the fixtures left.

If United win on Thursday they'd be tied with Liverpool with a game in hand and 2 ahead of city. But we've still gotta travel to Arsenal and Spurs and the Arsenal and Spurs games sandwich the 2nd leg of the EL semi so there's possible squad rotation in one of those unless somehow we get a big result in the first leg of the semi.

Even a set of great results down the stretch (beating City, drawing Arsenal and Spurs) still requires Liverpool or City to drop a game down the stretch. With Liverpool we've had the points advantage, but with City unless the dropped points are a loss, it would be goal differential and we're basically even.

Yeah I agree with all of that.

Re Derby, I meant if we lose that's top 4 gone. Sorry wasn't clear there.

I think Arsenal are beatable. Spurs is gonna be tough. Really just depends how the fatigue sets in. Being down a few key players with so many games is tough. Not like you can rotate roster players into EL or Spurs.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
I think it's more likely that United lose to Spurs and City then beat Arsenal, but who knows this season has been pretty crazy.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
The stat I've seen about Liverpool only conceding 12 goals to teams in the top half and 30 to those in the bottom half makes me sick. And they play 3 bottom half teams.

I don't expect CL qualification at all, honestly.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
They will beat Boro. Have to get 2 other wins.

After the Watford game we will know.

Southampton have proved they know how to play is and so have West Ham.

Boro is Boro.

They need 3 at Vicarage Road or it could get ugly.

Halladay

Feb 27, 2009
H Town
After the Watford game we will know.

Southampton have proved they know how to play is and so have West Ham.

Boro is Boro.

They need 3 at Vicarage Road or it could get ugly.
Van djik is hurt. Not sure he will play again this season.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
http://www.footyheadlines.com/2017/03/liverpool-17-18-home-kit.html

Oh my lord what a beauty.

liverpool-17-18-kit-2.jpg

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Eh...I'd say along with 08/09 those at the nicest home kits they've since the induction of the PL. 08/09 are still my favourites...god what I would give to have an authentic 08/09 home Torres kit.

Everton-v-Liverpool-Fernando-Torres-pa_1232361.jpg

Jeffrey

Feb 2, 2003
Montreal
Visit site
Eh...I'd say along with 08/09 those at the nicest home kits they've since the induction of the PL. 08/09 are still my favourites...god what I would give to have an authentic 08/09 home Torres kit.

Everton-v-Liverpool-Fernando-Torres-pa_1232361.jpg

I had the exact same with the long sleeve with Torres in the back. I gave it to a former collegue once he transfered to Chelsea. I was mad.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
I had one with Babel. Didn't work out too well. And when I was going to buy a Sakho shirt he didn't show up for training, so I probably won't curse any player by buying their stuff.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
It's still New Balance, so gross. Old man shoe companies should not make kits for serious clubs. It's impossible to truly screw up a Liverpool home kit, but god has NB had some disasters on their other kits IMO.

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013
Title race is over. Tottenham have 4 games away, including leicester.

2 home games against united and arsenal

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad