OT - NO POLITICS End of February- hoping for early Spring.

Status
Not open for further replies.

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
OK, how about some questions on a Thursday:

1. If you found your child's diary, would you read it?

2. Do you stress over your lawn, if you are fortunate enough to have one? Do dandelions intimidate you? Do you use pesticide?

3. What is your favourite sitcom of all time - just name one and an episode if you have one that really sticks out from that series.

4. Name an actor/comedian/celebrity that you cannot stand even though everyone seems to love them.

5. What was your nickname in school, if you had one?

1. Only if I had concerns about their health, safety or wellbeing. Not just to snoop.

2. I don’t stress over it, but I do get a weird sense of pride when it looks good.

3. Tough call…probably Arrested Development. Every episode is great. I especially like the ones with Henry Winkler.

4. Jon Stewart/John Goodman/ Kathy Bates/ George Clooney — 4 way tie.

5. Sarge

Anyone else finding the board really slow to load today?

My WiFi is fine.

Reactions: BMC and caz16

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
We are
1. Only if I had concerns about their health, safety or wellbeing. Not just to snoop.

2. I don’t stress over it, but I do get a weird sense of pride when it looks good.

3. Tough call…probably Arrested Development. Every episode is great. I especially like the ones with Henry Winkler.

4. Jon Stewart/John Goodman/ Kathy Bates/ George Clooney — 4 way tie.

5. Sarge

Anyone else finding the board really slow to load today?

My WiFi is fine.
having technical difficulties. Could last a few days.

caz16

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 11, 2011
Ontario
I have an inquiring mind for those of you who watch the movies with creatures. I see there is a new movie coming out called Godzilla vs King Kong - I heard someone say that Godzilla is a sea creature - I did not know that, is it true?

Also, I remember my brothers watching the old Japanese movies with creatures and recall there was a sea creature in them that looked more like a turtle on steriods (no, not TMNT...lol) - can anyone tell me the name of it? Maybe I am wrong.....

Ludwig Fell Down

Feb 19, 2005
South Shore, MA
I have an inquiring mind for those of you who watch the movies with creatures. I see there is a new movie coming out called Godzilla vs King Kong - I heard someone say that Godzilla is a sea creature - I did not know that, is it true?

Also, I remember my brothers watching the old Japanese movies with creatures and recall there was a sea creature in them that looked more like a turtle on steriods (no, not TMNT...lol) - can anyone tell me the name of it? Maybe I am wrong.....
I think you're talking about Gamara. I think he could shoot Chinese Stars out of his body.

Me and my brother loved Creature Double Feature on Channel 56. Must see TV back in the '70's.

caz16

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 11, 2011
Ontario
I think you're talking about Gamara. I think he could shoot Chinese Stars out of his body.

Me and my brother loved Creature Double Feature on Channel 56. Must see TV back in the '70's.
That sounds right! Yes, it would have been early to mid 70s when my brothers watched - I was subjected to that and Star Trek constantly...lol Not sure why I hung around to watch!

Reactions: Ludwig Fell Down

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
1711399721638.png

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
Well his cant be good.

"Earlier today, Homeland Security Investigations (HSI) New York executed law enforcement actions as part of an ongoing investigation, with assistance from HSI Los Angeles, HSI Miami, and our local law enforcement partners," the spokesperson said. "We will provide further information as it becomes available."

Law enforcement sources familiar with the matter said that the searches are being carried out at the hip-hop producer's properties as part of a federal investigation into human trafficking led by the Southern District of New York.

• Wow
Reactions: Ludwig Fell Down

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
Anyone who has been familiar with hip-hop and Diddy since the 90's, we've all heard whispers and rumors about him. The situation with Cassie told us a lot. Basically, if you know, you know type stuff.

This isn't surprising. But I'm glad something is being done because this has been talked about online for a long time.

Heck when Wendy Williams had her radio show eons ago alluded to it.

Prayers to the victims.

Gonzothe7thDman

Jun 24, 2007
Central, Ma
Anyone who has been familiar with hip-hop and Diddy since the 90's, we've all heard whispers and rumors about him. The situation with Cassie told us a lot. Basically, if you know, you know type stuff.

This isn't surprising. But I'm glad something is being done because this has been talked about online for a long time.

Heck when Wendy Williams had her radio show eons ago alluded to it.

Prayers to the victims.

We are grateful you are plugged in to the hip hop game.

Thank you for sharing.

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
We are grateful you are plugged in to the hip hop game.

Thank you for sharing.

I was big fan. I watched his shows on MTV and how he treated his groups. All the while listening to Wendy on the radio. It's scary shit. And disgusting he was allowed to be doing this for so long. I hate predators.

I'd start talking about Nickelodeon but that just even more upsetting.

Edit: oh it seems you are being facetious here. Sorry, that a guy who has been allegedly involved in s3x trafficking for years finally getting caught isn't important.

Last edited:

Aussie Bruin

Sponsor
Aug 3, 2019
Victoria, Aus
Wow, this is bad:

Thoughts with anyone who happened to be on the bridge on the time. At least there shouldn't have been many given the time.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
Wow, this is bad:

Thoughts with anyone who happened to be on the bridge on the time. At least there shouldn't have been many given the time.
Horrifying.

I can't imagine if that had happened during rush hour.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad