Rumor: Elliotte Friedman says Radulov is interested in NHL (COL, DET, WASH & FL favored)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
It's Stamkos or bust. Any other signing will mean the Wings are a worse team next year.

Hold onto your butts. It's nice Detroit is in the handful of teams with a realistic chance at him. But we've seen that game play or before and burn us.

Buffalo, Toronto, and even the Islanders could offer great pitches too.

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, Okay Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago
And? Name one addition that Holland has made since Rafalski that has actually had an impact? And I liked Weiss a lot, not saying it speaks well to my judgement. And you haven't told me how Radulov changes this team's trajectory next season. Do you believe he takes this team from first round fodder to contender? And what is your justification for wanting to sign an expensive winger on a team that's actually pretty well set on wing? And why do it at the possible expense of improving other areas?

Personally I think Detroit needs to focus on either improving on the back end or down the middle.
Wing and goaltending are actually areas of relative strength.

Personally I think Stamkos is the right play. But, I think Radulov improves this team and allows them to make a move for some help on the backend.

They aren't mutally exclusive options. Stammer and Radulov cost no assets (aside from the Pavel contract) and allow other moves to be made.

There's still quality pieces on this roster, one bad season doesn't make every player on the team outside of Larkin and Mrazek trash.

chances14

Jan 7, 2010
Michigan
Hold onto your butts. It's nice Detroit is in the handful of teams with a realistic chance at him. But we've seen that game play or before and burn us.

Buffalo, Toronto, and even the Islanders could offer great pitches too.

this is going to be suter 2.0

I just better not see ricelund or nick kyperos saying stamkos is a lock to come here :cry:

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
this is going to be suter 2.0

I just better not see ricelund or nick kyperos saying stamkos is a lock to come here :cry:

I live in the Twin Cities now. If I ever see Suter while I'm out, I'm going to let him know how badly he broke our tender hearts.

joe89

Apr 30, 2009
I don't want Radulov around our young players, no matter how much he's supposedly matured outside the rink. I absolutely hate his on-ice demeanor and most of his PIM's are due to being a child, not tough. He's not the missing piece or anything close to that. Hopefully he effectively prices himself out.

crashnburnluder

Dec 19, 2010
If we sign stamkos we fight harder then ever to make the playoffs. If we strike out we are easily a bottom 5 team

Sadly we aren't that bad, we will be fighting for bottom half of playoffs, especially if we add anything at all like a handle or radulov... but we won't be bottom 5, sorry

ricky0034

Jun 8, 2010
The comparison are two wingers coming to Detroit for one year and it not ending with quantitatively different results than antecedent or subsequent years. Age would matter if Radulov was taking a 5 year deal. But a one year deal it comes down to what they bring to the table for the one year.

but in this case the 1 year thing is just to minimize risk,if Radulov does well he could easily end up being re-signed to a 5 year deal next year

obviously that was never happening with Alfredsson since he was like 40

malkinfan

Aug 20, 2006
Canada
Didn't Alfie lead the team in points at age 40? I'm all for acquiring valuable players without spending assets, especially at a short-term low risk deal.

Exactly, no doubt Stamkos wants a longer term deal. Rads 1 year or more if he works, I bet he outscores Stamkos this year too. I'm weary on Stamkos, he was a ghost last year in the playoffs. If Yzerman thought he was valuable to the team he would have moved other parts and kept the franchise piece around. Even mickey Redmond was talking about how he thought Kucherov grew into a much more valuable player than Stamkos in recent times. I fear Wings will pay for the Stamkos of 5 years ago and instead receive the ghost of today. Stamkos = Lemon, go with short term Radulov deal instead.

Go Wings

Sep 26, 2009
Chatham, ON
I live in the Twin Cities now. If I ever see Suter while I'm out, I'm going to let him know how badly he broke our tender hearts.

Nah just ask him hows hes liking playing for the Mild a team that never goes anywhere in the playoffs assumming they even make the playoffs.

Mister Ed

Dec 21, 2008
Exactly, no doubt Stamkos wants a longer term deal. Rads 1 year or more if he works, I bet he outscores Stamkos this year too. I'm weary on Stamkos, he was a ghost last year in the playoffs. If Yzerman thought he was valuable to the team he would have moved other parts and kept the franchise piece around. Even mickey Redmond was talking about how he thought Kucherov grew into a much more valuable player than Stamkos in recent times. I fear Wings will pay for the Stamkos of 5 years ago and instead receive the ghost of today. Stamkos = Lemon, go with short term Radulov deal instead.

He had 18 points in 26 games, hardly a ghost. And Stamkos I think wasn't feeling like he was The Guy in Tampa Bay, and guys like him, Crosby, Malkin, etc. need to feel like they are #1 in order to succeed. In DET, he would have the chance to be the undisputed #1C.

Radulov is the same thing I think, and that's why I can't see him playing in DET, sharing the spot light on the wings with Tatar, Nyquist, etc.

Number1RedWingsFan52

Mar 17, 2013
Winter Haven Florida
He had 18 points in 26 games, hardly a ghost. And Stamkos I think wasn't feeling like he was The Guy in Tampa Bay, and guys like him, Crosby, Malkin, etc. need to feel like they are #1 in order to succeed. In DET, he would have the chance to be the undisputed #1C.

Radulov is the same thing I think, and that's why I can't see him playing in DET, sharing the spot light on the wings with Tatar, Nyquist, etc.

Pretty sure that if we sign Radulov, Then one of Tatar/Nyquist will be gone to upgrade the D and i'm pretty sure that one of them is already gone to upgrade the D here at the draft tomorrow.

Kyleftlx

twitter*****/kyle_ftl
May 9, 2010
Michigan!

I'm not sure how Stamkos wasn't "the guy" in Tampa. He was the captain, the leader, and all eyes were on him. He got hurt and was less productive when he came back from his injury. Maybe it was in that time where they developed another identity with all of the other quality players on the roster, I don't know. It's just weird to say he isn't "the guy" when he is the team's captain- and would easily be the highest paid player on his upcoming contract, if he wasn't already that before (he likely was- I just haven't looked at their team's salaries).

I'm all for Detroit going for Stamkos, I would be down to pay him whatever amount necessary for the most part. I just don't think he is going to come in and be worth every penny of that $10 million deal or $12 million or whatever it is that he will end up getting somewhere. It's hard to be worth that kind of money.

Goalie guy

Jul 8, 2011
Taylor MI
Technically, but not realistically I'd say. Have to move Howard or E I'd think.

No one is taking Jimmy he might end up in Vegas maybe, E should be bought out. But we have seen that is not going to happen. I think we get more of the same, Well we looked but things where just not a fit bla bla bla.

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, Okay Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago
IMO we shouldn't even talk about buying out Ericsson for 2 seasons, MAYBE next year.

Unless he's playing top minutes it doesn't make sense to pay him to have someone else pay bottom pairing minutes. He is still an effective 3rd pairing defender, overpaid as he may be.

Jimmy isn't unmovable.

Goalie guy

Jul 8, 2011
Taylor MI
IMO we shouldn't even talk about buying out Ericsson for 2 seasons, MAYBE next year.

Unless he's playing top minutes it doesn't make sense to pay him to have someone else pay bottom pairing minutes. He is still an effective 3rd pairing defender, overpaid as he may be.

Jimmy isn't unmovable.

There are far better goalies out there to be had making less money. And E is not a good hockey player at all any more. Not 3rd or 4th pair.

Zetterberg4Captain

Aug 11, 2009
Detroit
Cant see tampa moving bishop until they absolutely have too

They're cup contenders with him, are they wirh vasilvesky next year,? No..

Fleur I could see moved to calgary

Could a howard for niemi swap work, does niemi have less term?

obey86

Jun 9, 2009
Cant see tampa moving bishop until they absolutely have too

They're cup contenders with him, are they wirh vasilvesky next year,? No..

Fleur I could see moved to calgary

Could a howard for niemi swap work, does niemi have less term?

If they don't move Bishop this offseason they are going to be in trouble for the expansion draft as they would be forced to protect him because of his no movement clause. If they wait until next offseason the other team will have all the leverage in a trade. No to mention, given his NMC, the trade options for him are already limited and he can reject any trade.

Retire91

Stevey Y you our Guy
May 31, 2010
Didn't Alfie lead the team in points at age 40? I'm all for acquiring valuable players without spending assets, especially at a short-term low risk deal.

That doesn't mean he wasn't still a bandaid

Force Ericsson to retire. Tell him he's playing in the AHL for the rest of his career.

its the kind of hardball Holland needs to start considering. Need the country club contracts and loyalty to be reserved for elite players. Not overpaid 3rd pairing defense.

Pretty sure that if we sign Radulov, Then one of Tatar/Nyquist will be gone to upgrade the D and i'm pretty sure that one of them is already gone to upgrade the D here at the draft tomorrow.

Totally down with that if the D is young and has some potential to be part of a new core. If its a patchwork D that will be pretty disappointing.

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, Okay Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago
If I'm Stevie Y I'm trading Bishop, Vasilevsky is a great, cheaper replacement. Sure, he's gonna get a lucrative RFA deal, but they're gonna need all the room they can get to keep that great young core together.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad