Rumor: Elliotte Friedman says Radulov is interested in NHL (COL, DET, WASH & FL favored)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yemack

Oct 30, 2007
if indeed it is true that he signed with Habs, it's a huge loss. A huge defeat.

sarcastro

Jul 28, 2005
Yup supposedly Radulov has signed with Montreal, Radulov and Therrien that should be a powder keg waiting to happen.

Hard to imagine them shipping out PK because of issues with his attitude and then turning around and signing Radulov.

Unless by attitude they meant skin color...

Yemack

Oct 30, 2007
Hard to imagine them shipping out PK because of issues with his attitude and then turning around and signing Radulov.

Unless by attitude they meant skin color...

I thought the racism crap was a pure blown up hoax but I'm beginning to wonder if it had played a factor.

Gilhuleh

Sep 24, 2011
Ontario,Canada
Sources say Holland offered 1-year, 5M for Radulov.

I don't think that's lowballing.

When your GM says you want to retool on the fly and the best you can offer arguably the best free agent left is a 1 year contract it's a low ball offer. I get that he has had his character issues in the past but when your team lacks any sort of high end talent what's the harm in throwing on another year? Nonetheless it'll be interesting to see what he ended up getting from MTL.

malkinfan

Aug 20, 2006
Canada
if indeed it is true that he signed with Habs, it's a huge loss. A huge defeat.

I agree, even if the skepticism is warranted, Detroit needs to take the risk, they haven't made a risk in years and its shown. They could have easily signed Radulov if they didn't resign miller and helm and the team would have been much better off provided that Radulov worked out IMO.

sarcastro

Jul 28, 2005
In my opinion, this is the deal that will make or break this team

They're not doing anything to fix the D. This team is not going to unbreak itself with forward moves. The D is the problem and they're ignoring it completely.

Yemack

Oct 30, 2007
They're not doing anything to fix the D. This team is not going to unbreak itself with forward moves. The D is the problem and they're ignoring it completely.

Acquiring Radulov allows us to make a trade in my opinion.

I would easily do multi year deal with Radulov.

sarcastro

Jul 28, 2005
Acquiring Radulov allows us to make a trade in my opinion.

I would easily do multi year deal with Radulov.

The cost of trading for a defenseman who is worth acquiring is going to be most of the cheap young players that should be the core. So that doesn't really work either.

What they've done instead is tie up even more long term cap into old mediocre forwards which don't fix the D now and use up all the cap room they'd need to lock up a good acquired defenseman.

Unless they can somehow sell Tatar as the centerpiece for a quality defenseman. Not holding my breath on that one.

obey86

Jun 9, 2009
John Shannon ‏@JSportsnet 10s11 seconds ago
Detroit has been informed they are out on Radulov.

#SigningSeason

ElysiumAB

Sep 12, 2013
Friedman reports Wings are out on Radulov (or rather, Radulov is out on the Wings)...

Good.

Gilhuleh

Sep 24, 2011
Ontario,Canada
Montreal gets Radulov.
Boston gets Backes.
Buffalo gets Okposo.
Tampa gets Stamkos.

We'll be lucky to finish 4th in the division this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad