Eller already in the doghouse?

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
For the record I don't think Desharnais should be in discussion for being scratched at this point. But I don't think scoring 60 points one year in an offense-only role gives him a free pass to remain on the first line. Eller is not more important than Desharnais...he is younger and therefore has more room to surprise us at this point, but Desharnais has proven more offensively, even if neither one of them has proven much of anything.

I'm more interested if that line doesn't step up in seeing it broken up, and MAYBE trying Desharnais on the wings depending on who else is in the lineup. And quite frankly if anyone should be accused of disinterest it's Cole, but the same thing was said about him last year for the first few games. Of course some of you blamed Plekanec for Cole's slow start, so you should be no surprised DD is getting the same blame. This player vs player thing is silly though - this team has so few skilled players, nobody should be chased out of town until a great trade comes up or we need to clear cap space.
I've been saying that since last year.. It's not about DD being no good. It's about the first line taking up too much juice. When 3 of your only 4 competent players are on the same line, the team is bound to look bad.
Hopefully Eller will get the message. I'd rather have him than Armstrong in the line up.

A Moen-Eller-White line would be fine.

Eller on the fourth line is not envisageable. Either we give him his chance or we trade him before its too late. We've messed with enough young prospect who had potential by doing the same mistakes over and over again. Let's act quickly

I like the Habs, but as a dane, I really hope Eller find's a new club...

I don't think he has proven himself yet, but I also don't think he has been given a proper chance yet...

Nor do I think he ever will...

I don't think there is room for him to develope properly on your team..

He clearly does not have the talent that Gally has, and wont be given the same room to improve...

I don't know if he is even suited for the NHL, id actually like to see him in the SEL or KHL, that is if im looking with my Danish National team glasses..

Im not bad mouthing your team or management, I just think Eller is in a bad spot, not his fault, not Montreal's, just bad luck..
Sometime I wish he found another team too. There's maybe 15 teams out there ready to give him his real chance at either number 3 C with PP time or even number 2 C.

jhjhjhjhjhjh*

DD has been invisible for the 2 games he's played, why not try Eller with patches and Cole for a game?

Edit : Therien has benched Eller for not playing with intensity but he wasn't even our worst forward in the first game, if Therien really stands by his effort/ice time motto then he would bench another player than Lars for the next game and maybe play him close to 15-20 minutes with time on the PP so he can do something for once.

Frozenice

No Reverse Gear
Jan 1, 2010
DD has been invisible for the 2 games he's played, why not try Eller with patches and Cole for a game?

Edit : Therien has benched Eller for not playing with intensity but he wasn't even our worst forward in the first game, if Therien really stands by his effort/ice time motto then he would bench another player than Lars for the next game and maybe play him close to 15-20 minutes with time on the PP so he can do something for once.

He'll switch places with Bourque soon enough.

jhjhjhjhjhjh*

He'll switch places with Bourque soon enough.

I don't know I like bourque, yesterday he exploded and made Campbell take a penalty which resulted into a goal. It's clear that he's lost weight and is faster than last year he's also playing way harder.

BobbyFischer*

Are you asking a question or making a statement? The structure of that sentence is a bit confusing.

Statement.

Therrien is right.

Eller does need to up his intensity, he has the potential with his size/strength and skillset to be a MUCH better player than he has shown so far.

Habtchum*

I woul take Kaberle and Armstrong out of the line up and play Eller and Weber instead. The last two should be part of the future. The vets should have their contract bought out (Kaberle) and Armstrong is nothinfpg special and will be UFA again next July.

White is not a center anymore and is more valuable on the wing.

Eller with Moen and White makes sense. The bottom two lines will play about the same amount of minutes this season

Weber deserves a fair shot on the bottom pairing with Bouillon. He also got the assets to play on the second PP unit.

Last edited by a moderator:

Wats

Error 520
Mar 8, 2006
No Bourque has been one of our best players, keep trying though, the smell of desperation is strong on you.
If you are suggesting what I think you are trying to suggest with 'keep trying'...you realize Eller is Gauthier's biggest acquisition right? Doesn't make sense to hate on Bourque and boost Eller if the ulterior motive is to hate on Gauthier.

jhjhjhjhjhjh*

I woul take Kaberle and Armstrong out of the line up and play Eller and Weber instead. The last two should be part of the future. The vets should have their contract bought out (Kaberle) and Armstrong is nothinfpg special and will be UFA again next July.

When P.k will be back I think Kaberle will be our 7th defenseman, let's face it he's our worst defenseman. Diaz played great and Emelin brings a physical presence that we lack. I'd also take Bouillon before Kaberle.

jhjhjhjhjhjh*

History tends to repeat itself and Bourque has a history of doing exactly what I'm suggesting.

Let's wait and see, if he does slow down then let it be he won't be in the lineup. But I tend to think that Bourque is thinking about his future in the NHL and wants to have a good season this year and has come in motivated. Now if we could just find offense from the Patches-DD-Cole line.

OneSharpMarble

Oct 30, 2007
Calgary
If you are suggesting what I think you are trying to suggest with 'keep trying'...you realize Eller is Gauthier's biggest acquisition right? Doesn't make sense to hate on Bourque and boost Eller if the ulterior motive is to hate on Gauthier.

Whether he was talking about Eller or DD makes no difference, you don't demote one of your strongest players. Frozenice has a pathetic little hate on for Bourque and a giant hard on for DD so you really have to know everything he says is heavily biased.

If anything DD will be benched in favour of Eller, he isn't contributing like he did last year and is showing his size.

DAChampion

May 28, 2011
If anything DD will be benched in favour of Eller, he isn't contributing like he did last year and is showing his size.

I agree, but it might take a while.

He did play a passable game last year, so he's allowed a slump. I'm not sure how long. 5 games? 15 games? We'll see.

Hopefully not a season-long slump like some prior coaches. Sometimes good players just have bad seasons, like Plekanec in 2008-09, and then coaches often take too long to adapt.

HuGo Sham

MR. CLEAN-up ©Runner77
Apr 7, 2010
Montreal
teams are keying their strongest dmen and biggest D centers to shut down desharnais, cole and pacioretty. we'll see what Davey can do with less sheltered minutes. absolutely cannot see the habs giving him big money next year. especially with Gally in the pipe and pleks signed for another 3 years and just as good. would rather use a combo of eller, white and dumont behind gally and pleks

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
teams are keying their strongest dmen and biggest D centers to shut down desharnais, cole and pacioretty. we'll see what Davey can do with less sheltered minutes. absolutely cannot see the habs giving him big money next year. especially with Gally in the pipe and pleks signed for another 3 years and just as good. would rather use a combo of eller, white and dumont behind gally and pleks

Thats a trio.

Redux91

I do Three bullets.
Sep 5, 2006
Kirkland, Montreal
Statement.

Therrien is right.

Eller does need to up his intensity, he has the potential with his size/strength and skillset to be a MUCH better player than he has shown so far.

god i hope your right, i hope therrien is trying to light a fire under his ass cuz i believe this team needs eller and a GOOd eller

desharnais has rly not impressed me

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
Sad that if we win another one, the greatest topic here would be...."But Eller had to sit that one too".....Don't worry people, we will lose soon so Lars will come back in the lineup. You actually shouldn't worry about that but more about "Will he ever go back in the stands....".

For any sane hockey player, this should light a fire up his ass. And would be great for his career and the team's success. If not, well he will only have him to blame. But first, he will have to prove his worth on the bottom 6. Just like the 18yo Gally did yesterday. Then he'll have his PK time. And might have a bigger role after if all goes well.

Will be a tough game tomorrow. We will see what we are made of after playing such a easy game against the Panthers.

Habtchum*

god i hope your right, i hope therrien is trying to light a fire under his ass cuz i believe this team needs eller and a GOOd eller

desharnais has rly not impressed me

Why always link Desharnais and Eller ?

I am sick and tired of it.

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
Why always link Desharnais and Eller ?

I am sick and tired of it.

It is pretty sad. I guess their point is that Eller looks better as a C which is not false. Yet, incredible that it took them 2 games to dismiss what Desharnais has done last year and would took him out instead of White. Just incredible. But then, they'll tell you that Eller deserves, for some reason, 1st line duty. How great is that. 'Cause Eller wouldn't be able to produce with plugs like Gallagher and Prust...something a young rookie was able to do.

Habtchum*

It is pretty sad. I guess their point is that Eller looks better as a C which is not false. Yet, incredible that it took them 2 games to dismiss what Desharnais has done last year and would took him out instead of White. Just incredible. But then, they'll tell you that Eller deserves, for some reason, 1st line duty. How great is that. 'Cause Eller wouldn't be able to produce with plugs like Gallagher and Prust...something a young rookie was able to do.

Desharnais might not be a real 1st line player but Eller would be no more than a 3rd line centre on most NHL team if not all. Eller would possibly play on wing if he was still a St Louis Blues player.

Yes, Eller looks great. He's tall and skates well. But he has major flaws in his play. Three consecutive head coaches at NHL level can't be wrong about him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad