Elite defender, Miro Heiskanen

Danythegod

Jun 25, 2013
Ottawa, ON
He is a very mature and reliable defender. I drafted him in my fantasy at start of the year but didn't really translate into a fantasy player but I did end up continuing to watch him when I could and he has so much poise already. Look out for this kid.

oconnor9sean

Mar 3, 2013
DFW
He is a very mature and reliable defender. I drafted him in my fantasy at start of the year but didn't really translate into a fantasy player but I did end up continuing to watch him when I could and he has so much poise already. Look out for this kid.

If the Stars bring in a top 4 right handed dman next year he could really take off points wise. Having Roman Polak doesn't help much.

Reactions: teravaineSAROS

TheGoldenGod

5 Star Man
Nov 8, 2017
I don't think he's proven enough.

My current top 10 NHL d-men. I wouldn't even consider some of these guys elite. Its okay that he's not included right off the bat but I think the term "elite" is thrown around way too generously these days.

Hedman
Doughty
Giordano
Karlsson
Josi
Jones
Burns
Pietrangelo
Suter
Letang

HM: Weber, McDonaugh, Subban, OEL, Reilly

Last edited:

Johno

We deserve it
Oct 30, 2013
Of course you can't claim anyone a top 10 after one season, but Miro sure did everything to get the conversation rolling over the next couple of seasons!

PizzaAndPucks

New Jersey Angels diehard
Nov 29, 2018
He's damn good. Almost like a light version of Makar.:popcorn:

He's the best player from the 2017 draft so far imo.
I agree with you. I love Hischier and he has been awesome for us , Petersson is already a stud and Patrick still has plenty of time to grow into a top line center but I think when it's all said and done Heiskanen will be the best of the 4. You can argue he already is by the way he has played this season. He's basically stepped in as a top 4 d man in his rookie year at 19. He will be one of the best in the league eventually. I covet d man of his skill over top line centers unless it's a player like Crosby or Mcdavid.

avsfan09

Dec 17, 2010
Nova Scotia
I agree with you. I love Hischier and he has been awesome for us , Petersson is already a stud and Patrick still has plenty of time to grow into a top line center but I think when it's all said and done Heiskanen will be the best of the 4. You can argue he already is by the way he has played this season. He's basically stepped in as a top 4 d man in his rookie year at 19. He will be one of the best in the league eventually. I covet d man of his skill over top line centers unless it's a player like Crosby or Mcdavid.
Honestly I think the two defenseman and Pettersson will be arguable for a long time. I'm almost glad the Avs picked fourth rather than 1st/2nd. Hischier would fill a need but Makar/Heiskanen have franchise D potential.

Reactions: FinnishSniper

ijuka

May 14, 2016
While the NHL career was very short-lived, Pekka Rautakallio has a case for at least being one of the top Finnish defensemen ever. And yeah, Heiskanen's capable of surpassing everyone before him.

Brun0

Jul 24, 2009
love it, its always good to see our swedish friends being envious of our super talents.

Heiskanen is the best d prospect in 20 years in the nhl.

Reactions: Ajacied

SaekkiPaelli

Oct 1, 2011
Aki Berg and superstar Olli "the waffle" Jokinen is probably the greatest duo ever. Heiskanen should be able to at least live in Berg's shadow.

Jokinen is underappriciated in Finland, he was an absolute offensiv beast for a couple of years after the lockout. Not saying he was a superstar but he was good player nonetheless. Berg was barely a player, don't feel like this is a fair comparison

love it, its always good to see our swedish friends being envious of our super talents.

Let's pump the brakes, he may be the best finnish d prospect in 20 years though

Reactions: teravaineSAROS

Chimpradamus

Feb 16, 2006
Northern Sweden
Jokinen is underappriciated in Finland, he was an absolute offensiv beast for a couple of years after the lockout. Not saying he was a superstar but he was good player nonetheless. Berg was barely a player, don't feel like this is a fair comparison.
It was only for the memes, of course Jokinen was a far better player than Aki Berg. As you said, no superstar, but a solid core player.

Jack DiBiase

Team Iceland Coach
Nov 15, 2008
There have been some really good ones before but hard to compare yet as Heiskanen is so young. Reijo Ruotsalainen, Teppo Numminen and Kimmo Timonen were excellent. Joni Pitkänen showed great promise but got injured and was, perhaps, overhyped. I'd say that Heiskanen does look clearly more promising than Pitkänen did at his age.
Don't forget Aki Berg. Even his coach Larry Robinson back then said himself he wished he was as good when he was 18 years old.

EDIT: Ok, so Aki was already mentioned.

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee
Heiskanen looked very good against Nashville in Game 1. One goal, one assist that should have been a goal if Radulov didn't tip it, and very good defense. I was impressed and I am a Predators fan!

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
29:12 TOI tonight. More than anyone in the game and he was very good. Really starting to emerge as the Stars #1 over Klingberg now, who has played like shit so far and has for a while now

Reactions: The Burning GOAT

JFG

Mar 14, 2012

Are there posts being removed or what is this post based on?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad