Elite defender, Miro Heiskanen

lawrence

May 19, 2012
Do really think Heiskanen cares on that he isn't winning calder? Answer NO he won't.
Dallas is competing stanley cup and stanley cup is much valuable than some individual rookie award.

chill, it was just a mere opinion from myself as I think he should be one of the finalists. Did you bother to say "Do you really think Elias Pettersson cares about winning Calder" when the entire hockey world for some reason is jumping on Dhalin or Binnington? calm the f*** down.

Reactions: jaeger and ElGuapo

Zub

Nov 7, 2015
Helsinki
This guy today played like a friggin superstar! Shame nobody got those setups in the crease:/ Klingberg had a monster game too!

Last edited:
Reactions: jayhabsvgk

PhoenyX

Dec 13, 2009
Toronto
Rough end (letting Maroon outmuscle him for the series winner...maybe the Calder voters got it right) to an otherwise solid rookie campaign for Heiskanen!

Hokinaittii

Aug 15, 2015
Rough end (letting Maroon outmuscle him for the series winner...maybe the Calder voters got it right) to an otherwise solid rookie campaign for Heiskanen!
That goal was as much Heiskanen's fault as it was our grandmas fault. Maroon just happened to be at the right place at the right time.

Heiskanen's level of play was amazing throughout the season and it was surprising how well he managed to keep his pace in the playoffs. Granted, I think his best games from the Blues series happened to be the first few games and after that it was the veteran players who stepped up their game and Heiskanen didn't standout as much as he stood out previously where I think he was at times the best Star player on the ice.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015

Ya, rarely do voters leave teams best players out of Calder talks.

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006

A 19 year old defenseman who weighs 185 lbs gets out-muscled by 6'3", 225 power forward after said defenseman played 33 minutes in a double OT game and that leads you to conclude "Calder voters got it right"?

Sheesh, though crowd.

Last edited:

seadawg

Sep 22, 2008

I've watched the replay of the GWG three times, and I don't see how Heiskanen was out-muscled by anyone on the play. Heiskanen was not involved in any physical contact from the faceoff to the goal.

Unspecified

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Apr 29, 2015
Heiskanen went out to try an attempted poke check on the shot and when he lunged there was no way he could get back to stop Maroon. Heiskanen can't do it all, his D partner should of slid down more to close the gap created by Heiskanen. The kid was a beast all year and i have very little doubt that he is going to win a Norris or two.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
He was excellent for the Stars - it seemed like every dangerous rush against the Blues came through he and Klingberg. That pair is enviable.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad