Elite defender, Miro Heiskanen

Spotty 2 Hotty

Special teams, special plays, special players
Feb 28, 2008
ATX
29:12 TOI tonight. More than anyone in the game and he was very good. Really starting to emerge as the Stars #1 over Klingberg now, who has played like **** so far and has for a while now

Yeah, nobody watching the two of them play would guess that Heiskanen is the rookie and Klingberg has 5 seasons under his belt. It's clear that right now Lindell and Heiskanen are more reliable than Klingberg.

chauron

Jan 5, 2014
I don't think he's proven enough.

My current top 10 NHL d-men. I wouldn't even consider some of these guys elite. Its okay that he's not included right off the bat but I think the term "elite" is thrown around way too generously these days.

Hedman
Doughty
Giordano
Karlsson
Josi
Jones
Burns
Pietrangelo
Suter
Letang

HM: Weber, McDonaugh, Subban, OEL, Reilly

Fair enough, but how many of these were on his level as a 19 years old rookie?

karhukissa

Apr 2, 2019
They're both incredible. Looking forward to their annual Norris battles.
This. Both are extremely good players, prime examples of the modern day defensemen. For me at this point they are equally good, so Norris battles will be fun to watch in the future.

As a Finn i just have to admit that what SHL and Sweden does with their d-men production is unreal, and more is coming. Good job!

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
72% corsi, 77% SCF%, high danger chances 16-3 in even strength. Also 3 takeaways. Not his fault Bishop decided to sllllurp.

Btw, if you actually did watch the game and thought he was playing poorly, evaluating hockey isn't for you.

And to add to that, he once again led every player in the game in ice time. 28:17 TOI...crazy how heavily the Stars are leaning on him but he has just been that dominant. Tonight he had so many shifts where you just realize he's the best player on the ice. Definitely passing up Klingberg as the Stars #1 dman now if he can keep this up

23:24 TOI in Game 1
29:12 TOI in Game 2
28:17 TOI in Game 3

Reactions: Weiss1604

Los merengues

Mar 24, 2019
72% corsi, 77% SCF%, high danger chances 16-3 in even strength. Also 3 takeaways. Not his fault Bishop decided to sllllurp.

Btw, if you actually did watch the game and thought he was playing poorly, evaluating hockey isn't for you.
Most likely no. Saw that -1 and thought that here is a chance to shit on Miro (Aka Embarrass himself further).

Its ridiculous actually how good Miro is. I knew he was special and probably best Finnish D prospect ever. But this is getting out of hand. 1D on his debut season. 30mins in a playoff game and its not like Stars have a injury crisis on D or anything. Simply astonishing.

Ad

Latest posts

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad