Elite defender, Miro Heiskanen

King Weber

Apr 9, 2015
He is ridiculously good. If Honka can turn into a solid top 4 D, then their defense might honestly be one of the best one's in the league. Quite the turnaround from what they were not that long ago.

Reactions: Kcb12345

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
He is ridiculously good. If Honka can turn into a solid top 4 D, then their defense might honestly be one of the best one's in the league. Quite the turnaround from what they were not that long ago.

Honka just won't turn into a top 4 dman at this point. He is such a liability defensively. Someone else can jump up and fill that spot though. If only Johns was healthy ugh

Bizzare

May 5, 2013
I think by the end of his career he will be 1 or 2 in a redraft. The guy is phenomenal.

Last edited:

crowi

Registered Loser
May 11, 2012
Helsinki
I'm Finnish and all but holy shit - the way Heiskanen started in NHL has just blown my mind. I knew to expect a solid top-4 presence as a rookie, but jumping right into top-pairing minutes and play so young... don't think this has ever happened to a Finnish defender.

SenzZen

RIP, GOAT
Jan 31, 2011
Ottawa
Stars need to get him some help. Games like yesterday are not going to be good for his development. He’s a remarkable player, but you can’t just lean on him to carry all the water.

I think if he wasn’t exhausted he plays the GT and GW goals better than he did.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
Stars need to get him some help. Games like yesterday are not going to be good for his development. He’s a remarkable player, but you can’t just lean on him to carry all the water.

He had a 2min shift in OT due to the pp there, they just couldn't get a change in time.

dechire

TBL Stanley Cup Champs 2020 2021
Jul 8, 2014
inconnu

He'll get help when the Stars get healthy. Until then he's in an unfortunate situation where he has to carry a huge load but so far he's been stepping up beyond expectations. Can't do anything about the defense being about wrecked with injuries though.

MrHeiskanen

Nov 12, 2017

What does that mean? Most organizations don't have 14 NHL caliber defenders.

WhatWhat

Aug 7, 2014

Our entire back end is dead. Gleason, a guy probably at 13th or 14th on the depth chart and was just signed as an undrafted FA after a nice showing at the prospect tournament, had to play 18 minutes yesterday. I dont think I can recall the last time a team took such a massive hit to a single position. On a healthy roster Miro isnt tasked to do this much, its just we are in a tough spot and making a move for a top 4 Dman right now would be bad because teams know we are in a pickle so we would get fleeced. Then when bodies get healthy we would need to trade someone and teams would again take advantage of our situation and we would lose another trade.

Unfortunately Dallas just needs to ride this out

vanarchy

May 3, 2013
I think by the end of his career he will be 1 or 2 in a redraft. The guy is phenomenal.
I don't think it will take the end of his career to come to that conclusion. It's already looking that way, just needs a few more years to prove it.

Pez68

Mar 18, 2010
Chicago, IL
This kid is really good. Couple of 19 year old defensemen making their mark this year. (Jokiharju has been really, really good, as well)

Reactions: LAINEC

Keeptdos

May 1, 2011
Finland
This kid is really good. Couple of 19 year old defensemen making their mark this year. (Jokiharju has been really, really good, as well)

Great time to be a Finnish hockey fan with all the up and coming players, specially defensemen: Heiskanen, Jokiharju and Välimäki all getting high minutes.

EDIT: oh and I'm only pointing 19 and under aged defenseman.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad