Player Discussion Elias Pettersson, Pt. XII

Status
Not open for further replies.

hcg

Oct 12, 2018
The worst part about other teams stars just being free to do whatever they want every single night is watching Petey not being able to. :(

supercanuck

Mar 2, 2016
It's crazy but he's top 10 in scoring but I feel like he hasn't really been "special" this season as compared to parts of last season. We haven't seen him take over a game like Draisatl/Mackinnon/Malkin have against the Canucks this season.

Nomobo

Feb 20, 2015
Victoria
It's crazy but he's top 10 in scoring but I feel like he hasn't really been "special" this season as compared to parts of last season. We haven't seen him take over a game like Draisatl/Mackinnon/Malkin have against the Canucks this season.
Just imagine if he wasn’t saddled with Boeser and had line mates like the aforementioned trio. He’d be right up near the top in scoring. Boeser has been very underwhelming in the last ten games or so.

4Twenty

Dec 18, 2018
Just imagine if he wasn’t saddled with Boeser and had line mates like the aforementioned trio. He’d be right up near the top in scoring. Boeser has been very underwhelming in the last ten games or so.
He must be really good if 3 goals and 5 assists in his last 10 is a saddle!

Reactions: flying v 604

Bertuzzzi44

Jun 26, 2018
Pettersson has amazing skill and awareness once he improves his strength and balance he should start dominating. Elite player.

Last edited:

Nomobo

Feb 20, 2015
Victoria
He must be really good if 3 goals and 5 assists in his last 10 is a saddle!
Don’t know if you watch many games but in my mind Boeser benefits a lot more from EP than the other way around. Let’s not even look at Boeser’s defensive play and effort level.....it’s not great.

Reactions: Upoil

BenningHurtsMySoul

Unfair Huggy Bear
Mar 18, 2008
Port Coquitlam, BC
Don’t know if you watch many games but in my mind Boeser benefits a lot more from EP than the other way around. Let’s not even look at Boeser’s defensive play and effort level.....it’s not great.

Boeser is a good top-six winger but he’s not worth more than what he’s making now. Way too inconsistent and his defensive effort is dreadful at times. He’s basically Bobby Ryan.

Reactions: Upoil and MikeK

Nomobo

Feb 20, 2015
Victoria
Boeser is a good top-six winger but he’s not worth more than what he’s making now. Way too inconsistent and his defensive effort is dreadful at times. He’s basically Bobby Ryan.
I wish you were wrong but I don’t think you’re too far off with that statement. He could use some third or fourth line time to let him see how the other half lives.

Reactions: dps

MikeK

Nov 10, 2008
Earth

I'm also lining up with this as well. He's got a wicked quick release that will no doubt bank him a lot of goals, but his effort level is so inconsistent. He does appear very lazy at times.

I wonder if it's just a one-off year given everything he's gone through in his personal life? I know when my dad was sick I barely had the energy to get out of bed some days.

4Twenty

Dec 18, 2018
This is the NHL, you get paid for production. If he continues to produce at this level, you're going to hate his contract after this one is up.

People who think $6m is 1st line money need to realize it's not 2006 anymore.

Reactions: Green Blank Stare

canuckking1

Feb 8, 2015

EP has looked just as underwhelming hate that when EP struggles Boeser takes the blame

Hyzer

Jimbo is fired - the good guys won
Aug 10, 2012
Vancouver
EP has looked just as underwhelming hate that when EP struggles Boeser takes the blame
No. He hasn't.

EP has been on another level compared to Brock. Brock doesn't drive the pace of the game, he floats and waits for easy points nowadays in 2019. Long gone are the rookie days of Brock where he was popping off.

canuckking1

Feb 8, 2015
No. He hasn't.

EP has been on another level compared to Brock. Brock doesn't drive the pace of the game, he floats and waits for easy points nowadays in 2019. Long gone are the rookie days of Brock where he was popping off.

Where exactly is EP driving play 5on5 because I’m not seeing it. If you’re talking about effort and on the defensive side of things I agree but EP’s mostly been invisible 5on5 as well

Hierso

Time to Rock
Oct 2, 2018
As an outsider with a weakspot for Vancouver i don't really think the issue is the Boeser and Pettersson combo. I've seen several games this season where the shifts are VERY out of sync. Pettersson leaves the ice early or Brock stays on the ice to long. I'm not sure which of them has it wrong but it's a very common theme and i honestly think it's coach Greens fault for not telling the party that's in the wrong to either stay on longer or do a quicker line change.

Reactions: Love

Eye of Ra

Grandmaster General of the International boards
Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
his big brother emil pettersson is a good player too, top player in shl. maybe give him a 2-way contract?

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
May 25, 2014
Just noticed that in 29 games this season Pettersson is already at half the shots he took last year. His shooting percentage as expected is slightly down from last year but still pretty high compare to most players.

This year 29 games 12 goals 72 shots 16.6% shooting pct
Last year 71 games 28 goals 144 shots 19.4% shooting pct

Reactions: Love

I am toxic

. . . even in small doses
Oct 24, 2014
Vancouver
I can't help but think Boeser has been playing with an injury and/or had conditioning issues. He'll get them worked out eventually.

Pretty sure he is breastfeeding.

Can I type that and hit "Post Reply"?

Guess I'm gonna find out.

(I am very mad at you... -Z)

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Hit the post
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad