Player Discussion Elias Pettersson, Calder Trophy winner

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phil McKraken

Jul 13, 2010
Sweden
I just saw on Eliteprospects that Elias is now listed as heavier than his brother; 176 lbs to 170. That can't be right, his brother still looks way more solid than he does. The weight thing might be a bit overplayed at this point but there's no denying he could gain a lot from some more strength.

NoRaise4Brackett

But Brackett!!!
Mar 16, 2011
Lurking the Boards
I got to meet him at the Dice and Ice last night. I had my arm around him for a picture, and yeah, he's totally a beanpole. Tall, though. I imagine he'll end up with a Brandon sutter kind of build. 6'3", 190, but probably at the most. assuming of coarse, that he is actually 176 now...

Reactions: lindgren

The Iron Goalie

Formally 'OEL for Norris'
Feb 8, 2012
Langley, BC
I just saw on Eliteprospects that Elias is now listed as heavier than his brother; 176 lbs to 170. That can't be right, his brother still looks way more solid than he does. The weight thing might be a bit overplayed at this point but there's no denying he could gain a lot from some more strength.

It's wrong. The AHL has Emil listed as 6'2, 185lbs.

Cupless44

Jun 25, 2014
Dahlin making the Calder race a bit more interesting. On pace for the 2nd most points as 18 year old defenceman in NHL history after Bobby Orr.

Bieksa#3

Mar 2, 2007
Dahlin might just take it at this point.

EP missing games along with slowing down isn’t helping.

Healthy DiPietro

Jan 4, 2014
Dahlin might just take it at this point.

EP missing games along with slowing down isn’t helping.

How is EP slowing down? He has 5 points in his last 5, 10 in his last 10 and 20 in his last 20. He's chugging along as consistently as ever, except now he's assisting more than scoring which I've been expecting all along. He's a playmaker first and foremost after all.

Reactions: bh53

lush

@jasonlush
Sep 9, 2008
Vancouver
I noticed last night, and I'm sure it's not an overnight occurrence but EP seems to be playing with a bit more Jam. The kid is a stringbean and he's winning puck battles more often than not. How can that be?

The only guy who officially weights less than him on the team is Gaudette

DownGoesMcDavid

Apr 17, 2017
He is getting stronger and stronger is what I'm noticing.

His defensive awareness is also unheard of to be this good and developed at this age.

He's like a dog hunting a bone when he doesn't have the puck.

I believe he's scoring at an 86 point pace.

DownGoesMcDavid

Apr 17, 2017
Curious to see if there's any post game interview of EP40 discussing about Dahlen being traded.

They are obvs BFF but with Dahlen asking for a trade I'm sure EP40 understands and knew it was coming.

Hansen

tyler motte simp
Oct 12, 2011
Nanaimo, B.C.
I noticed last night, and I'm sure it's not an overnight occurrence but EP seems to be playing with a bit more Jam. The kid is a stringbean and he's winning puck battles more often than not. How can that be?

He is so motivated and driven to get the puck its crazy

He has been actually playing the body lately and throwing some decent hits

Josepho

i want the bartkowski thread back
Jan 1, 2015
British Columbia
Is there any evidence that they're actually significant friends outside of being teammates with Timra?

Pettersson is probably used to being forced to ghost all his teammates because he's way better than them and constantly moving up to higher levels of hockey.

Last edited:

Lonny Bohonos

Apr 4, 2010
Middle East

Exactly. Hes learning how to leverage his strengths in lieu of strength.

Reactions: Javaman
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad