Player Discussion Elias Pettersson, Calder Trophy winner

Status
Not open for further replies.

Javaman

Jul 13, 2010
Vancouver
Hmm... 9 points in 19 games? It'll never happen....

:sarcasm:

On a more serious note, I'd really love him to get 8 goals in the next 13 games to match Bure's goals pace. But not really a serious note. Just looking for silver linings in the Benning regime.

Johnny Canucker

Jan 4, 2009
He may be injured. Jeff Patersson on Twitter said he was in the medical room for a long time after the game.

ZEBROA

Dec 21, 2017
He is in a slump ,Swedes can have very long slumps, look at Nylander. Well it has been fun. Better luck next year. (dont respond to this rant, i am trying to fool the hockeygods).

Reactions: Brock Olli Juolevi

Phil McKraken

Jul 13, 2010
Sweden
He is in a slump ,Swedes can have very long slumps, look at Nylander. Well it has been fun. Better luck next year. (dont respond to this rant, i am trying to fool the hockeygods).

Indeed, time to ditch this loser and jump on the Dahlin bandwagon instead.

ZEBROA

Dec 21, 2017
This backfired... i am worried now.

Burke's Evil Spirit

Oct 29, 2002
San Francisco
Not sure if this got any notice, but his last point gave him more than anyone on the team had last year, or the year before.

In fact, 56 points is the most by a non-Sedin Canuck since Radim Vrbata had 63

That's a really cool stat! If he passes 63 it'll be the most since Kesler had 75 points in 2010-11, JFC.

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
Hes gotta get over it if it is one, hes our #1, time to step up Elite Pete

Johnny Canucker

Jan 4, 2009
Man oh man. EA sports twitter asked who should win the Calder out of EP40 and Dhalin. It’s split about 50/50. You gotta think probably more Vancouver fans follow EA than Buffalo fans ....

I think if RD hits 50 points as a Dman, he wins it.

Canucks luck.

ayoshi

Nov 3, 2010
Man oh man. EA sports twitter asked who should win the Calder out of EP40 and Dhalin. It’s split about 50/50. You gotta think probably more Vancouver fans follow EA than Buffalo fans ....

Canucks luck.

If he hits 40-45 points he could win it. He's a year younger than EP and playing a more difficult position (common perception)

Also he's been hot lately and EP cooled down.

member 290103

Canucks luck.

Lol.

Josepho

i want the bartkowski thread back
Jan 1, 2015
British Columbia
i'd be happy for him if he wins the calder but it really has no actual impact on anything and i wouldn't call him losing out to another franchise player to be "canuck luck" or whatever

Reactions: Jyrki21 and Nomobo

Zombotron

Supreme Overlord of Crap
Jan 3, 2010
Toronto
Not sure if this got any notice, but his last point gave him more than anyone on the team had last year, or the year before.

In fact, 56 points is the most by a non-Sedin Canuck since Radim Vrbata had 63
I figured it was coming. Somewhere in the mid-50s sounded about right

Chimpradamus

Feb 16, 2006
Northern Sweden
First of all, trading Dahlen, when the GM knows he's a really, really good friend with the upcoming - or already being the - franchise star? WHY? Was the return worth it? Nope. How about some finger touch in decisions? Do you expect upcoming hometown discounts? Keeping guys that are close friends is a good start! But nope, let's trade for...

... Spooner! The most useless, disengaged player I've ever seen on a hockey rink (I watched him on the Rangers, he quickly faded out into total uselessness). He has puck skills, but he handles the tenacity like he's a total opportunist. He doesn't want the pain or the work, he just wants to be "available", with one occassional burst - offensively of course. His hockey IQ doesn't cover for his lazyness. I don't know any longer if he's just in pure, prolonged depression and lack of self confidence, or if this is his actual game. Anyway he's not a NHL player, I don't know why he has been given so many chances, with so many teams. It's a joke at this point.

Then Boeser is in his rut where he looks like a tractor. Big and slow. Then add not one player on the team can give Pettersson a good pass in his wheelhouse on the PP. This is where the abysmal depth of the team starts showing its ugly head, paired with a horrendeus injury report, as per Canucks usual.

Pettersson is struggling, because the team is more dead tired and in disarray than he is, while he's also feeling winded. Ever seen Pettersson get an easy point from somebody? Nope. Basically all his points must be highlights reels. That's the kind of team he's playing for and the burden he has to carry.

Him struggling is fine, when this is the scenario.

Canuckle1970

Mar 24, 2010
First of all, trading Dahlen, when the GM knows he's a really, really good friend with the upcoming - or already being the - franchise star? WHY? Was the return worth it? Nope. How about some finger touch in decisions? Do you expect upcoming hometown discounts? Keeping guys that are close friends is a good start! But nope, let's trade for...

It was Dahlen who asked to be traded.

Reactions: ChilliBilly

Chimpradamus

Feb 16, 2006
Northern Sweden
It was Dahlen who asked to be traded.
Hmm, alright, I'll take your word for it. I am more reserved around that situation then. That still doesn't justify getting Spooner here though. He could've traded for icecream instead. Which useless scout is responsible for aquiring him? He should be sacked, because that's laughably bad. And then... I have to watch Spooner playing with Pettersson. Shoot me. Playing shorthanded would've been an improvement.

Why couldn't the Canucks ask any teams' fans about Spooner? Any team that he played for and subsequently traded from, like a pinball, for very good reasons? They could've grabbed any fat fan in a team jersey at a bar, well into a drunken stupor. They still could've correctly told them Spooner is a total bust. What are these guys paid for, exactly?

But no, they apparently listened to Spooner's agent, or the previous team's car salesman or something. "He has so much upside! Look at his skills, he just needs a new enviroment!" Yeah, like playing in Europe.

Last edited:

elitepete

Jan 30, 2017
Vancouver

Canucks luck.
That’s cool.

EP is way better than Dahlin now and going forward.

Feb 19, 2018
Don’t care if Elias wins the Calder or not. Less to negotiate at the table when he needs a new contract, if he doesn’t win.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad