Player Discussion Elias Pettersson, Calder Trophy winner

Status
Not open for further replies.

hcg

Oct 12, 2018
Why are you even listening to people calling him a diver?
because it annoys me when our own "fans" start in on that crap. Whatever, guess it's decided. Diversson. What a poor sport. What a loser. What a coward. What a diver. Just terrible. We should trade this stain on the reputation of our team. Matter of fact, send him back to Sweden.

PuckMunchkin

Very Nice, Very Evil!
Dec 13, 2006
Lapland
It's not bs at all. I didnt see this petulant attitude coming from him last year. Boeser doesnt do it. Horvat doesnt do it. Past canuck superstars didnt do it. Pettersson needs to cut this stuff out or he isnt going to get any love from the referees.

The refs need to get their shit together.

Officiating in the NHL is a joke. How many ref teams did they have to send home last playoffs alone?

Orr4Norris

Mar 2, 2018
Need to be more selfish and shoot more
Too generous to his teammates right now
Yep. Seems to have lost his confidence with his shot. Early in the year he was taking shots but missing the corners. Now he seems to want to pass it off.

PuckMunchkin

Very Nice, Very Evil!
Dec 13, 2006
Lapland
Holy crap I think you were right after all. The entire team has taken after Pettersson now?!

marky-ref.png

Here Marky and Demko BOTH complaining to the refs for not whistling down the play after Demko took a puck in the mask. Whiny bastards. Reputation ruined.

horvat-ref.png

Horvat throwing his hands in the air like a drama queen after getting impeded by the Pred defender. What is wrong with this guy?

leivo-ref.png
Leivo pleading and crying over a blown icing call!? Get a spine jabroni!

boeser-ref.png

Boeser giving the ref an earfull after a weak call that put the Preds on the powerplay.
Suck it up Brock, or should I say Brooke?!

And last but not least... Elmer Whinersson:
pettersson-ref.png

EP has turned the high character team in to a bunch of whiners in just a dozen of games. Sad.

:sarcasm::sarcasm::sarcasm::sarcasm::sarcasm::sarcasm:

a Fool

Emperor has no picks
Mar 14, 2014
When I see these wrist shot goals like tonight I visualize Naslund except with a composite stick.

Reactions: Bgav

ZEBROA

Dec 21, 2017
EP will show emotions and thats a good thing. Foppa was accused for being this way to. He wants to win realy bad. Dont hate on that. His attitude towards winning will make your team better.

LuckyBoeser

Oct 8, 2018
Holy crap I think you were right after all. The entire team has taken after Pettersson now?!

View attachment 276779
Here Marky and Demko BOTH complaining to the refs for not whistling down the play after Demko took a puck in the mask. Whiny bastards. Reputation ruined.

View attachment 276785
Horvat throwing his hands in the air like a drama queen after getting impeded by the Pred defender. What is wrong with this guy?

View attachment 276787 Leivo pleading and crying over a blown icing call!? Get a spine jabroni!

View attachment 276791
Boeser giving the ref an earfull after a weak call that put the Preds on the powerplay.
Suck it up Brock, or should I say Brooke?!

And last but not least... Elmer Whinersson:
View attachment 276793

EP has turned the high character team in to a bunch of whiners in just a dozen of games. Sad.

:sarcasm::sarcasm::sarcasm::sarcasm::sarcasm::sarcasm:
Amen!

People are ridiculous man. Let's just ignore the fact that the entire league whine to the refs! Nobody but EP whines to the refs on the Canucks! f*** Pettersson!

:sarcasm::sarcasm::sarcasm::sarcasm::sarcasm:

Krnuckfan

Oct 11, 2006
Amen!

People are ridiculous man. Let's just ignore the fact that the entire league whine to the refs! Nobody but EP whines to the refs on the Canucks! **** Pettersson!

:sarcasm::sarcasm::sarcasm::sarcasm::sarcasm:

Quit being so sensitive. Every player whines to the refs once in a while. Elias whines the most on the team.

Reactions: Ronning On Empty

LuckyBoeser

Oct 8, 2018
Quit being so sensitive. Every player whines to the refs once in a while. Elias whines the most on the team.
This has nothing to do with being sensitive because I'm not. I find it hilarious that people are criticising Pettersson for whining. It nothing new when it comes to the entire league especially regarding star players.

Last edited:
Reactions: PuckMunchkin

hcg

Oct 12, 2018
EP will show emotions and thats a good thing. Foppa was accused for being this way to. He wants to win realy bad. Dont hate on that. His attitude towards winning will make your team better.
If Petey weighed 205 he would already be getting crowned Forsberg 2.0.

Reactions: ZEBROA

F A N

Aug 12, 2005
Didn't Crosby have a reputation for whining to the refs? Petey will learn that it really doesn't do anything. For now, it's really not a big deal. Teams are going to pay attention to Petey and he's going to get a lot of noncalls and he's going to complain to the refs and most of the time nothing will come out of it except Petey grows more frustrated.

Disappointed EP40

Jan 13, 2015
My advice to all players:

Stop throwing your arms in the air and looking around for the referee when you think a call hasn't gone your way. Stop throwing one arm in the air as if you're a linesman when you think a play is offside. I see this stuff so often these days. Your job is to play, and the only thing that you're accomplishing is making yourself less ready, less engaged, less effective by doing this nonsense. Take up any beefs with the officials after the whistle is blown.

Sedins did this. For their whole career. Always turned the other cheek. Never complained to the refs.

It did them wonders. They got all the respect.

:sarcasm:

Raistlin

Aug 25, 2006
*****ing constantly as pettersson does will lead to refs not giving him any calls.
Wow... we are nitpicking his behavior already in year 2??? Hes a diver and a whiner now?? He's a franchise star from day one that even the Sedins didn't accomplish, cut him some slack man. Thats why nuck fans can't have nice things, we do deserve Tallon over Perreault afterall..

Reactions: PuckMunchkin

PuckMunchkin

Very Nice, Very Evil!
Dec 13, 2006
Lapland
Wow... we are nitpicking his behavior already in year 2??? Hes a diver and a whiner now?? He's a franchise star from day one that even the Sedins didn't accomplish, cut him some slack man. Thats why nuck fans can't have nice things, we do deserve Tallon over Perreault afterall..

Yeah. This is bullshit.

If the refs stop giving him calls the refs need to be fired.

Reactions: F A N

PuckMunchkin

Very Nice, Very Evil!
Dec 13, 2006
Lapland
Seriously.

Can you give me examples of players whining and as a result, not getting any calls?

I mean if refs operated with that logic, every time someone fell down and Rat Marchand was on the ice they would put him in the box.

LiveeviL

No unique points
Jan 5, 2009
Sweden
So he did beat Bäckström with one point, becoming second best in points among Swedish players before age 21 . PPG before age 21 he beats our Sundin too, correct?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad