Player Discussion Elias Pettersson, Pt. VIII: Is actually an eight-brained octopoid monster from Planet Ånge

Status
Not open for further replies.

elwin316

Jun 4, 2009
EP's shootout attempt at full speed looks like a poor attempt. But once you watch the super slow-mo reply, if his stick is just slightly lower (like 1 cm) he scores. Howard was not going to save that attempt if the puck moves back across the crease. I guess close plays happen all the time and look even more amplified in slow-mo, but the attempt is not nearly as bad as the outcome made it seem.

Jump to 1:12 with the playback speed set at 0.25

Last edited:
Reactions: Brock Olli Juolevi

xtra

May 19, 2002
Vancouver
Visit site
Ok imma have to watch some sens games to see all this hype about mark stone if he is such a good two way player.

I think that Jake gardiner could be a solid signing for the cap hit he should get to add a puck mover that isn’t at the MDZ defensive level. If we are bringing in both OJ and Hughes next year we need to focus on signing defensemen to shelter them or at least defensemen that have shown they can play a regular nhl shift

nucksflailtogether

Oct 15, 2017
Shootouts are garbage and EP knows it. I wish 3 on 3 was continuous. He's been scary 3 on 3, so superior to everyone else.

kanuck87

Oct 12, 2008
Shootouts are garbage and EP knows it. I wish 3 on 3 was continuous. He's been scary 3 on 3, so superior to everyone else.

You can make an argument that 3-on-3 is garbage as well. It's basically pond hockey. Entertaining as hell, yes, but it's as meaningless as a shootout.

Bojack Horvatman

IAMGROOT
Jun 15, 2016
seeing as you left out eriksson,

A team with gudbranson and eriksson, the additions you mentioned, and the costs to re-sign the players you included... we would be over 90m in cap lol.

Projection is 81-85.

Maybe if you can dump Eriksson/Gudbranson and one of Schaller, Roussell, and Beagle, it is even remotely possible.

Not to mention, all those contracts will be albatross after the 5th year.

And that's not including the cap hit for Luongo retiring or Pettersson's bonuses.

pettersson

Oct 8, 2018
In the good ole days, the game was just a tie and people treated it appropriately.
I would rather some team come on top, makes an actual game interesting and the game outside of the game interesting (playoffs chances)

Billy Kvcmu

Dec 5, 2014
West Vancouver
Ok imma have to watch some sens games to see all this hype about mark stone if he is such a good two way player.

I think that Jake gardiner could be a solid signing for the cap hit he should get to add a puck mover that isn’t at the MDZ defensive level. If we are bringing in both OJ and Hughes next year we need to focus on signing defensemen to shelter them or at least defensemen that have shown they can play a regular nhl shift
Jake Gardiner needs to be shelter, they guy is a one zone player

xtra

May 19, 2002
Vancouver
Visit site
Jake Gardiner needs to be shelter, they guy is a one zone player

I know that was the case when he first came into the league but the last couple years he’s over 50% dozen starts.

2 years ago he put up 43 points and 52 points last year. He’s easily a lot into our top 3 if not top 2 depending on who resigns

Shareefruck

Apr 2, 2005
Vancouver, BC
Thanks for you input Dave :laugh:

It's obviously a stupid and ignorant call, but personally, I think the person most worthy of ridicule in this video is the reactor. I despise when people feel the need to play up their performance like that when trying to react insultingly. It's like posters who like to respond with ".... BAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAA" when they think a post is dumb. Nobody would laugh that hard at something moronic. The petty desperation is super cringe-y/uncomfortable and always just comes across as borderline insane to me.

Last edited:
Reactions: Nomobo

expensivebaton

Sep 13, 2018
They way EP is conducting himself in the locker room and with the media, i see captain material. Is it just me? A rookie behaving like this? not shy, his English is pretty good, taking responsibility, isn't happy for his own record-breaking if the team doesn't win etc etc.

Oh. and if you want to pronounce his name right, go here Elias Pettersson at eliteprospects.com Click on the little speaker icon.

Last edited:
Reactions: pettersson

Josepho

i want the bartkowski thread back
Jan 1, 2015
British Columbia
They way EP is conducting himself in the locker room and with the media, i see captain material. Is it just me? A rookie behaving like this? not shy, his English is pretty good, taking responsibility, isn't happy for his own record-breaking if the team doesn't win etc etc.

not canadian enough

pettersson

Oct 8, 2018

Everytime someone brings this up, they get attacked with a bunch of "BUT BO....". To be honest, I see it too. I also think bo is another great candidate. But this is Petey's first year in the NHL and he's already displaying leadership on and off the ice, imagine next season.. or 5 seasons from now. Interesting conversation going forward.

If Petey was drafted the same year as Bo, would people still be set on Bo?

Reactions: expensivebaton

xtra

May 19, 2002
Vancouver
Visit site
BEfore making him captain we should see how he reacts when things aren’t going so well.

I’m not saying he will react badly just that you want a leader that will pull you up even when things are going wrong for themselves and the team.

Zombotron

Supreme Overlord of Crap
Jan 3, 2010
Toronto
Canucks have had 2 Swedish Captains for a total of 15 seasons in Naslund and Henrik Sedin. I doubt that's a factor.
9nohQh4.jpg

Billy Kvcmu

Dec 5, 2014
West Vancouver
Canucks have had 2 Swedish Captains for a total of 15 seasons in Naslund and Henrik Sedin. I doubt that's a factor.
I still think Bo is the captain for two reasons
1. He’s been with us longer and have been through shit a lot

2 There’s always a little nationality factor in the media groups, unfortunately

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad